Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Praise the Lord

Author Topic: Praise the Lord
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MentorsRiddle and Robert

Thank you both! I could listen to this music all day!!! Love it!

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert E. Barger
Advanced Member
Member # 7998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert E. Barger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise the Lord is an Old Imperial song. Around 1980-82.

God has given us the garment of Praise FOR the SPIRIT of heaviness. When we feel heaviness, we are to praise the Lord.

Here are two good praise songs on you-tube

1) The Power of your Love and
2) The Revelation song

--------------------
Romans|11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all
things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Posts: 38 | From: Trafalgar, Indiana U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, Jean! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, Jean! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean123
Advanced Member
Member # 7855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
both of them are great songs! Thank you! I needed to hear them at this moment! Jesus is so wonderful! he always knows what we need when we need it [hyper]
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but it sounds to me like either your wireless card or your wireless router is on the up-and-out.

If you have any friends that have wireless, I would recommend you take your laptop to them and test it on their wireless.

If you don't have any problems, you know it's your router.

If you do have problems, then it's probably your wireless card.

Or you could do the exact opposite and have another laptop in the house and see if it does the same thing... in which case it would be the router.

Running a cable sounds like a good idea too. [Wink]

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have AT&T DSL with a HP Pavilion ze4145 laptop and a Linksys router and card. I would just run a telephone extension to my room. Half the time when I'm just typing, I lose the wireless connection and I have to wait to get it back. The Lord is teaching me to be patient. Praise The Lord! [Smile]
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Herm...

That sounds funky!

So, if you are sitting right next to the wireless router with your laptop, it works fine.

But if you go too far away from the router then you have a problem?

What type of wireless card do you have?

You might be able to purchase a upgraded wireless router for about $80.00 and get further distance.

Also, if you are going to run a network cable under your house, make sure that you don't run it over 300 feet (recommended).

I recommend that you don't run it over 200 feet.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Well..!

If I set it close to the router then it's okay. But most of the time it's not close, and so it overheats and the whole thing crashes. Someday I'll get a phone line in my room, and I won't need wireless anymore. I just have to crawl under the house (with all the spiders) and do it.

Internet Explorer.

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Well, Carol, I'm a computer technician for a living.

Perhaps I can help you figure out your problem.

When you say it crashes, does your entire computer crash or just your internet browsing application?

Do you use Internex Explorer or soemthing like Mozilla/FireFox?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi MentorsRiddle

All I have right now is a wireless laptop - it won't play videos without crashing. I'll have to wait until later to listen to your song. I'm sure it's a good one though, and I look forward to hearing it. More like, can't wait!

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

That's a pretty song, Carol.

What do you think about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdcyue0bSw

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Praise The Lord" By Russ Taff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNYw_lWwwA8&feature=related

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Hey, Jean.

I agree.

We, as a whole, make much-to-do-about-nothing.

If we put half the energy and interest into the Lord as we do the Olympics then the world would indeed be a much better place.

When I say "we" I am speaking of humanity as a whole. Not anyone on here in particular

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

jean123
Advanced Member
Member # 7855

Icon 8 posted      Profile for jean123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If everyone would praise Jesus like they yell and praise at these games, this would be a better nation. I wonder what people think about what heaven will be like. I know it will be singing and praising. Who would what to just sit there when we finally see are Maker!!!!!!???????? [clap2]
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement