Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Unconditional Rejoicing

Author Topic: Unconditional Rejoicing
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you, Copper25, I read and appreciated that Word.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(MKJV) Habakkuk 3

17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls—

18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.

19 The LORD God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

How easy can it be for us to have the temporal things around us like money issues, social problems, and physical problems (while none of these are fun to have) take us away from rejoicing in our God who has blessed us with every thing good in our lives; from the water we sip out of our cups, to the air we breath. Our relationship with God is priceless: There is no figure, no amount of money that can be placed on it. Even if our homes, our jobs, our money flow become a problem and the temporal things around us fail; Our God is with us and our relationship with him holds fast.

God will be our strength in the times of trouble. When disaster strikes God sustains His people with strength in the spirit, refreshment for the soul to keep us pressing forth.

Psalms 107:35) He turns the wilderness into a standing water, and dry ground into watersprings.

If God can make the wilderness turn into water, and cause water springs to spout from the barren ground that holds nothing, is bone dry, and is thirsty; How much more shall God more cause strength to be in his people to uphold them? As it is written, (Isaiah 40:29) "He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength." Again, (Psalms 103:5) "Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." Glory be unto our God, who is our strength, who is established with everlasting power and dominion, who reigns forever, whose mercy endures forever. Amen, and again, amen.

Petition: Lord, may we always remember and keep in mind that no matter what storm may come into our lives, that may try to overwhelm us; that you are the strength of our life, our rock. May we stay rejoicing you, the God of our salvation. Make our feet like the feet of deer, that we would tread through the grounds of life overcoming the obstacles and hurdles their in; that our feet ship not clumsily into paths of unbelief, or doubt, or the ways of sinners (psalm 1:1). Thank you our God. We ask these things, in Jesus name, amen.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement