Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Have any of you ever heard this?

Author Topic: Have any of you ever heard this?
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apologize Eden. I try to stay generic until I know people. I hope you are not to offended thanks for straightening me out. The mercy and peace of the Lord be upon you.

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brother Paul, I'm a brother Eden, not a sister Eden.

Ezekiel 27:23
Haran, and Canneh, and Eden, the merchants of Sheba, Asshur, and of Chilmad, were thy merchants.

love, Eden the merchant of Chilmad

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
botham
Advanced Member
Member # 7935

Icon 16 posted      Profile for botham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brother Paul--I hope others share some spiritual anecdotes as they are most edifying. Also, as in all things of God, the previous scriptures about listening to God and then "my sheep hear my voice", can be expanded to include other extremely important ideas.
Massive political lies are going to increasingly hit the world stage and the worldly will believe satan's dupes lock stock and barrel when the agenda of peace and global unity is promulgated to the nominal church and those embracing left wing ideology and dogma. We might be close to these events given the state of technology, the evolution of the European Union, the global hatred of Israel with the twisted resolutions that come out of the so called United Nations, and so on. So the people of God, those who have come to God through the Cross and are built up in the faith, will be the ones who cannot be pursuaded by the slick politicians who seek to unify the world under a super religion that includes features of Islam, Hinduism, Bhai, Sihk, and perhaps a little Christianity thrown in for good measure. The true Church will "hear His voice" that tells us to stay clear and also warn others. We will become very unpopular and might well experience persecution. Just a thought, God bless, Botham

Posts: 103 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Botham! Anyone else heard the word of God or felt the pull of the Spirit so strong you acted and then had your motivation confirmed? Come on...share your wonderful testimonies, they will mutually encourage and strengthen us all...He tells us His sheep hear His voice...well? I know you are loving Him but are you listening? If He called today would you know it was Him? If your mom or dad called or your spouse or child would you know them? Think back and please share...if you cannot remember such a time, just pray and ask the Lord to reveal it to you, He will

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
botham
Advanced Member
Member # 7935

Icon 16 posted      Profile for botham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excllent Paul and Eden--I see this in the general and specific. Generally, to keep growing and blieving and obeying the Word until we are consumed by Righteousness which is a state wherein God can use us for His purposes.
In the specific Paul tells about a powerful occasion of obeying God. But first it is evident that you Paul were in a listening mode, the result of dedication to the Lord and His Word.
Years ago I walked by a man, one of our first peoples or our native peoples, who was a little intoxicated and sitting on a park bench near my home. I said hello and carried on. When I got home I sensed the most powerful conviction to take him some food. Thank God I obeyed. I stayed to just talk a while and then, just before I said goodbye, he said "today is my birthday". This remains until today the most special birthday party of my life. I didn't want him to see me cry so I quickly blessed him in the name of Jesus and turned for home.. God bless, Botham

Posts: 103 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Yes, I have heard "a still small voice" speak to me and deter me from one thing and put me on a path toward another. I have recieved such direction within ("AS IF behind me").

When we believe we are hearing a word from the Spirit however, we always must use discernment, for the Lord would never direct you or say things to you contrary to the example of Christ while here in the flesh or contrary to the written word.

Once when I was shopping (for some reason I had about 4 or 500 dollars) I walked by this humbly dressed older woman who looked as if she was fretting and counting and recounting her money. As I walked by I felt the pull of the Spirit and whisper saying "Go and give that woman $50." I kept walking and said "Ah! That's probably my imagination." Well just then I literally stopped in mental blankness and I heard it again "Go and give that lady $50." So I said "okay if this is you lord let me know." So I approached and said "Hello, I am sorry to bother you but I believe the Lord has told me to give you this $50 dollars so here...I do not want it back...if you do not need it then give it to some one else."

"Oh, Lord!" she startled, "Thank you so much."

Then she told me her story...Her son is a missionary in Africa, they attend the famous Park Street Church in Boston. Every year on his birthday she sends him $50...this year she only had $45 dollars and her choice was to eat this week or send her son $40 appologetically but in love. Her greatfulness toward the Lord and toward me empowered me for a week...Thank you Lord, all praise, honor, andf glory to you! Blessed be your name.

Sometime check out "practicing the Presence"...very interesting indeed...Know the word so you be not decieved and practice the presence...walk and talk with Him all day...He is right there right now...with you and in you...take your mind (which is only a tool) off the world and what you feel and focus on Him...Lord please bless my sister and really make yourself alive and present for her IF she is asking because she does not hear your voice...if she has or does then let her know she is not alone...we are many, we are one, IN CHRIST

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have any of you ever heard this?

Isaiah 30
21 And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left hand.

I suppose that a Christian can so have devoted his time to hearing what the Lord is telling him through the Holy Spirit, that at some point the voice of the Lord can get so loud that it is "as a word that his ears shall hear behind him, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left hand'.

1 Kings 21
17 And the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite, saying,

18 Arise and go down to meet King Ahab of Israel who is in Samaria; look, he is in the vineyard of Naboth, to which he has gone to take possession of it.

Isaiah 30
21 And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left hand.

Have any of you ever heard this?

love, Eden
"help me to hear that word behind my ear, Lord"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement