Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Dear Christian, did God bless you in some practical way today?

Author Topic: Dear Christian, did God bless you in some practical way today?
botham
Advanced Member
Member # 7935

Icon 16 posted      Profile for botham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks copper--yes, these verses make it clear how precious is our salvation. Would God require the spilling of His own Son's blood if it was not necessary or if there was any other way to bring us up to the original intention that He had for us? God has provided the fellowship of Jesus for us as our God and Brother, but we must remember also that it is the Glory of our God who is beyond comprehension wonderful in so many ways that we fall short of. Nothing even exists without Him and I believe the universe, as infinitely vast, intricate and beautiful as it is, is but a portion of all that God has created. The unseen world holds vistas of spiritual things fit for an eternity with the Holiness of God and the other inhabitants. God bless, Botham
Posts: 103 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eden

Just look at this verse

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

"For God so loved the world"

Who is of the world? Surely we were fitted to be on that same platform, that same way of conformity, being at one time guided by the spirit of the evil one

Ephesians 2

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

These three verses say an abundant amount about where we were.

Frankly, we were prisoners to this world, slaves of a system, snared with death and bound to the confinements, the restriction of fleshly lust, exaltation of pride, doomed with absolutely no hope.

We were saved from the lowest pits of hell! God hates just one sin; just for one sin is death; now look back at how many sins we have done to offend God, yet he did not destroy us then, and we still walk and breath now.

Every single moment we get to live on this earth, the next breath we take is a blessing from God. Each day that our hearts pulsate is a blessing from God.

This should always be kept in mind, that this is a continual blessing, the liberation in Jesus Christ, O, there is lot to say at these things.

I will say this in short, God continues to bless us with his presence each day, to communicate, to fellowship, to be able to enter into the holy of holies by Jesus Christ. God has blessed us with the privilege to serve Him, to do his will.

I think we tend to take these things for granted, just how much of a privilege it is to be saved and have a relationship with God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Sprit each day.

We are truly blessed every day, but we need to take a moment to pause and remember. I believe in all honesty, that if we kept in mind the GREAT magnitude of the gospel truths each day, our perspective on blessings, our concept on serving the Lord, on seeking the Lord's face, our thankfulness would change big time for the better and would prove to be truly expedient.

We are blessed in a practical way each day. Just pause and look at our past (what we were and where we would have been now had God not saved us), the present (how God has redeemed us through Jesus Christ and for matter sustains, guides, strengthens, defends, delivers, protects, forgives, and teaches us each day), the Future (o what a hope we have been called to and what end, the lake of fire, we were saved from)

1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God blessed us with snow in Houston, yesterday.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean123
Advanced Member
Member # 7855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God blesses me everyday!He bless me with a roof over my head and food in my belly. He bless me with His love for us.He bless me with pain and suffering.But most of all He bless us all with Jesus! [Smile]
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Christian, did God bless you in some practical way today?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement