Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Are You Ready ?

Author Topic: Are You Ready ?
Luc A C
Community Member
Member # 7921

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luc A C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that all the signs of the end of time is upon use. But they were also upon my parents generation and the generation of my grand parents and all generations before that. Do you not think that when my grand parents were going through the great depression they didn’t think that the end of times were upon them? Yes they did, but yet they are now all pass away and we are still here. The day of the Lord could be here tomorrow, but yet we could also be waiting another 1000 years. “No on knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” I believe the Son now knows since his resurrection.

This is not the way to bring people to the Lord. You must get people to know the Lord and look forward to His coming, not fear Him and dread his coming. The truth is all this talk use to put the fear in people of past generations. I remember when I was a young boy my mother hiding us in the closets when a thunder storm was upon us, because they thought it was the sings of the end of times. My grand parents and great grand parents lived with that fear till the day they died. This generation now stands out on there balconies to watch the lighting storms go by like it is a beautiful light show, which it is.

I need to admit, I am guilty of the desensitizing that have been going on in this generation. The movies I let my boys watch that should not be allowed in any Christian homes, war movie, fitting movies, movies with to much sex and/or nudity and so on. If only I could start over my movie and pc games selection would be deferent. That is the past and now I must move on; try to explain to my boys the wrong I have done, ask God to forgive me and when my grandchildren come along I will not have any of that garbage in my house.

It is the same with these post that I read. People everywhere, especially non believers, are desensitized to all this talk of the end of times. What I read here I read it everyday at the checkout of every grocery store in north america, year after year reading of the end of times, everyone of them claiming to know and yet the time comes and goes and we are still here. If you are a Christian you should already know this and yes we do need to be reminded and teach our children of it. But this is not the way to bring the non believers to the LORD. We need to find the vulnerable, the needy, the poor, the lost people and have them meet the loving Father we have through our Lord Jesus. We need to get to them before Satan does. You could find a non believer and pound the Bible on them all you want, if this person does not believe they are lost or in need, in there minds they truly believe they are not lost. Satan has a hold on them and all you can do is wait for a week moment in there life to try and plant that seed that God will water. And trust me that week moment will come, so be ready to help.

The point I am trying to get at is the more Christians try and put the fear of the end of times into this generation the more we desensitize them and the more they see use Christians as a bunch of nuts.

Matthew 24: 36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Mark 13: 32"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. 34It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.
35"Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!' "

--------------------
Let use not interpret the Bible in a way that it would suit the way we want to live, but let use interpret the Bible in a way God wants us to live.

Posts: 15 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden is point on.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
botham
Advanced Member
Member # 7935

Icon 16 posted      Profile for botham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks stephen and eden. I'm scripturally challenged due to a difficulty concentrating. I probably would have been given ritalin if I was a child in more recent history. I really appreciate the passages cited and it seems to be easier to meditate on the scriptures in the context of the points you make. Hope you don't mind the occasional difference of opinion. I don't stray very far from the Cross--tend to keep things simple. But I'm trying to broaden my horizons as it's always good to be knowledgeable if the need arises in a witness situation. As Eden said in so many words, we're skating on thin ice economically on a global basis. Satan has used materialism as a major part of his subtrfuge and deception. So when God the Father decides enough is enough, the flimsy facade of well=being that is supported in reality only by wishful thinking, not substantive and responsible economics, will dissipate before our eyes. It's definitely the beginning of something terrible and we need to be strong in our Faith and knowledge. God bless, Botham
Posts: 103 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen1
Community Member
Member # 7934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden,

Thanks for the reply,

I will be posting more on the Lord's coming hour [time] of trial

Also interested in your views

--------------------
Stephen

Posts: 10 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Stephen1, welcome... you wrote
quote:
This is the beginning of the coming "day of the Lord" .... His hour [time] of trial and judgment against an intransigent an unbelieving world ...
Instead of it being the beginning of the comind "day of the Lord", it is more likely "the beginning of sorrows":

Mark 13:8
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

And I think that the $700 billion stimulus package is part of that "beginning of sorrows" because it is only creating jobs on based on the stimulus money ... once that has run its course, watch out ...

Don't get me wrong, the stimulus money was needed to avert "immediate" disaster, but the stimulus money is just temporarily delaying the actual disaster that is still coming, as part of the beginning of sorrows:

James 5
1 Go to now, you rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. You have heaped treasure together for the last days.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen1
Community Member
Member # 7934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the beginning of the coming "day of the Lord" .... His hour [time] of trial and judgment against an intransigent an unbelieving world .... but just before He will keep His promise for those that believe in Him:

Revelation
1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of trial, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

--------------------
Stephen

Posts: 10 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement