Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » If We Are the Body

Author Topic: If We Are the Body
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just on a note I say this. By the flesh nay, always lean to God. The problem is that there is reliance on the fleshy ways, church growth formulas, love gospel etc.... Carol, indeed let it always be us depending on God's leadings, our dependancy on His strength, never the flesh! I honestly hope that I was not implying doing such without prayer, that would be a shame.

As it is written (Jeremiah 17:5) "Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD."

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything we do in the "flesh" is going to be worthless. We need to obey the Bible and the leading of the Holy Spirit to do whatever work the Lord wants each of us to do day by day.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something that has been one my mind recently is this.

Yes, this world is corrupt, mounting with unprecedented evil, the cities are filled with darkness and spiritual desolation. There is ruin everywhere! From society and its ungodly ways, corruption and defilement everywhere. People putting there trust in vanity, vain empty meaningless things that shall perish with this earth.

Hear is the one question that keeps coming to mind.

We can say there are many problems in the world, but what are we going to do about it?

Yes, you can name a million problems, but what good is that going to do if no action is taken?

Yes, there is evil in the world, but what are you going to do about it?

We can continue naming any given amount of problems. We can make new years resolutions. But less we have action, will things ever improve?

As the Church, we can talk about the biggest revival, the coming of a revolution, but (I am included) If we do not do more than just give lip service, then nothing will progress, but only degress accelerating into darkness.

Eden posted this

quote:
I read in a book today that a Bible College professor would ask his class -- “What are you doing right now that requires FAITH?

This is what we all need to take a step back, a moment to think on.

Think about it. Peter wasn't going on faith until He stepped out of the boat.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God Jesus is The Head of the Body and The Head of The Church...Make way for Him to shine in our lives...We are His body !
Love and courage walk hand in hand...He is our strength and The Holy Spirit will lead as we yield and seek God..

Faithful Loving God!

[clap2]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Casting Crowns song, “If We Are the Body” really resonates with what God is showing me lately.

Here’s the chorus from the song:

But if we are the Body
Why aren’t His arms reaching?
Why aren’t His hands healing?
Why aren’t His words teaching?
And if we are the Body
Why aren’t His feet going
Why is His love not showing them, there is a way?

Jesus tells us in John 13:35, “By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you Love one another.”

Lately though, I have to ask myself -- “How am I, showing this LOVE?” I read in a book today that a Bible College professor would ask his class -- “What are you doing right now that requires FAITH?”

Ouch! That hits a nerve -- honestly, I’m not really doing anything that requires Faith, but…God is leading -- I am seeking Him and where he is leading me on this journey. So that, in itself is a step of Faith!

No where do I read that we, Christians, are to build beautiful buildings, create biblical social groups, and gather together in our Safe Christian Bubble every Sunday and Wednesday (or whatever days your Church meets). Personally, I find this insulates me from what the real needs of a hurting world are -- I’m disconnected.

This may strike a nerve with some people, but I’m not saying Church is wrong -- read the book of Acts! I don’t think what we call “Church” today is what the Acts Church is all about. We need to be actively involved in the community, the world in which we live -- meeting the needs of the people -- sacrificing -- showing the “Love of Christ.”

How can we sit idly by when over 43,000 children are orphaned daily? What about those who don’t have clean water to drink? Those who are dying from “curable” diseases -- if the Church body today (including me) really grasped the message of the Acts Church the World would be changed! They would KNOW that we are Christ’s disciples by our Love for one another!

Be encouraged -- Be Challenged -- Read through the book of Acts and ask God to open your heart to where he leads!

Meditate on the words of this song by Casting Crowns -- If We Are the Body!

found on...

http://onlinedailydevotionals.com/if-we-are-the-body/

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement