Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » 10 Reasons why Michael Jackson's Life and Death Matter

Author Topic: 10 Reasons why Michael Jackson's Life and Death Matter
jumpinjack
Advanced Member
Member # 7721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jumpinjack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet he's not sleeping with children anymore.
Posts: 221 | From: wichita, ks | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will have to convince God not me...He is Judge Bro!

Pray without ceasing right?? [Wink]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him, Prince is still a demonically lost as ever..... check out link...For the musician, see Prince musician at the following....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince

and unless Michael Jackson repented as he died there is no evidence he is anywhere but an eternal Hell.....

love of this world is enmity with Yahweh!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am trusting in The Lord's report [Big Grin]

An interesting thing I discovered the other day...Prince (another huge 80's star) is now glorifying Jesus in song...I find this SWEET! [Big Grin]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, yahsway, you wrote
quote:
I watched the interview with Jermaine Jackson on Larry King Live, He used the phrase "Praise Allah" so apparantly He is a Muslim, wonder if MJ was also.
During the Staples Center memorial service, the ABCNews commentator brought up that Michael Jackson had gone thru a period of converting to Islam, but the ABCNews commentator thought that, if that were true, that he was surprised how "Jesus-oriented the whole service was".

But just because the service was post-mortem "Jesus-oriented" does not mean that Michael Jackson was in good standing with the Lord when MJ died unintentionally, and I personally don't think that MJ was in good standing with the Lord at the time of MJ's death. But that's just my personal opinion.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the interview with Jermaine Jackson on Larry King Live, He used the phrase "Praise Allah" so apparantly He is a Muslim, wonder if MJ was also.
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I do hope.

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 9 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Found in Him:
I guess we might all be humbled and surprised if one of us is seated across the table from Michael at dinner time in Heaven??

Let's consider the life and death of the thief on the cross hanging next to Jesus tonight...

God Bless you all! [Wink]

We can only hope, but most people don't get that last minute opportunity.

-

Michael Jackson - The REAL cause of death!

http://churchwebs.tv/video/203/michael-jackson-s-real-cause-of-death-

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I guess we might all be humbled and surprised if one of us is seated across the table from Michael at dinner time in Heaven??

Let's consider the life and death of the thief on the cross hanging next to Jesus tonight...

God Bless you all! [Wink]

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Jackson used to be a Jehovah's Witness, until he abandoned that and gradually as MJ began to prowl deeper into the imagination, his work became more demon-infested, as seen by his Thriller video. If MJ had stayed true to his faith, he probably would be alive today.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent post KnowHim

quote:
posted by TB125: His life and early death demonstrate in a very dynamic way how the achievement of fame and fortune cannot replace the basic need to be loved in such a way as to give a person enough internal peace to enable one to sleep. I assume that Michael always had a hard time sleeping. That would be a very sad way to live each day. In the midst of the many pressures of daily living, it is the love of God and Jesus that enables God's children to sleep at night. No drug, even one that might be prescribed, provides that kind of enabling peace. As the world observes Michael's funeral, we have a great opportunity to spread this message of love.
Amen!!!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TB125:
His life and early death demonstrate in a very dynamic way how the achievement of fame and fortune cannot replace the basic need to be loved in such a way as to give a person enough internal peace to enable one to sleep. I assume that Michael always had a hard time sleeping. That would be a very sad way to live each day. In the midst of the many pressures of daily living, it is the love of God and Jesus that enables God's children to sleep at night. No drug, even one that might be prescribed, provides that kind of enabling peace. As the world observes Michael's funeral, we have a great opportunity to spread this message of love.

Amen!!!

Excellent post and video link David!!!!!

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His life and early death demonstrate in a very dynamic way how the achievement of fame and fortune cannot replace the basic need to be loved in such a way as to give a person enough internal peace to enable one to sleep. I assume that Michael always had a hard time sleeping. That would be a very sad way to live each day. In the midst of the many pressures of daily living, it is the love of God and Jesus that enables God's children to sleep at night. No drug, even one that might be prescribed, provides that kind of enabling peace. As the world observes Michael's funeral, we have a great opportunity to spread this message of love.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best one, I think, is number 10.

Really and truly, no matter how wealthy we are, we leave this world with what we came into it with... nothing.

It certainly teaches us that underneath all the glam and "razzle dazzle" we are still only human, and at the mercy of God.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

What can we learn from Michael Jackson's Life and Death?

1. It teaches us the dangerous power of idolatry.
2. It teaches us the reality that all flesh is like grass.
3. Enormous wealth is poisonous to flesh.
4. It confirms the Biblical Truth that fallen man is given to self-destruction.
5. It was the example of a WASTED LIFE.
6. Shows us that life is a vacuum outside of Jesus Christ.
7. Is a great reminder that it's been given unto man once to die and then the judgment.
8. It teaches us the vanity of popularity.
9. It reminds us of how short life really is.
10. Teaches us that in the end, he is just another man.

Click below to watch the video:
http://churchwebs.tv/video/191/10-reasons-why-michael-jackson-s-life-and-death-matter

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement