Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Cholesterol Problems

Author Topic: Cholesterol Problems
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to check that out becausehelives. I have a renewed concern for mercury type poisioning, having seen a youtube video the other day showing the effect of mercury on nerves. It was in relation to amalgum used for dental fillings. In the real world the 'experts' are saying that there is no cause for concern. But a few are crying fowl. I am tending to want my fillings out. It isn't going to happen, but I don't like the thought of them because the 'experts' admit that they do leach mercury.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I did know that...

It's very sad.

We can't win for loosing.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the FDA only approves EDTA for heavy metals only...

I know it work on heavy metals for 2 reason....

#1 my dad had Lead Poisoning back in 1960 and they used it to remove the lead out of his system...

#2 my daughter was going blind from Chemical Amblyopia ...the Medical World said nothing could be done but Dr. Sessions in a little town in Kirbyville, Texas (hated by FDA and harassed continually like a criminal because of his unconventional healing)saved her eye with EDTA ...

now about me I did the IV EDTA ....I had a heart attack and company insurance I worked for would not pay $3000 for EDTA...but they were ready to pay $75,000 for by pass.....(no insurance will pay for EDTA for heart)

i opted to pay the $3,000 out of my own pocket, I have had no more problems...

The AMA and the FDA will not approve EDTA because they will lose too much money... their answer for everything is drugs and cutting (big buck in their pockets)...

most people don't know it but there is Legislation being considered to make vitamins by prescription only....

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_2003_Sept_16/ai_107543542/

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To answer your question.. how to reverse the buildup...

That's a very good question.

As I am not a doctor, simply a good researcher, my findings are that there isn't a sure fire way to do this.

Exercising, there by increasing your HDL levels, will help remove some of the buildup -- and who knows, maybe over the course of time begin to reverse some of the buildup.

Again, I can't stress enough how important exercise is.

We can't just rely on "Big Pharma" to cure us of all of our ills, we must take responsibility and help ourselves.

We MUST exercise.

These bodies were not ment to be mostly inactive all the time, which is why I beleive we have alot of problems in our society -- health wise.

Also, you have to think of the ammount of poisons we put into our bodies that we don't think about.

1. Look at cleaning products... we put alot of chemicals around our house that we breath in, get on our skin, swallow by accident, etc.

2. Things as simple as tooth paste have all types of chemicals in it that WILL serve you no good.

3. Our drinking water is poluted horribly.

4. we are throwing off our bodies natural hormones by eating red meat, which is packed with steroids -- see my first post on what those drugs do to your cholesterol.

So, my recomendations:

A. STOP EATING RED MEAT!
B. EXERCISE IS A MUST!
C. MAKE SURE YOU GET LOTS OF VEGGIES AND FRUITS!

We have got to become more responsible.

We have got to research EVERYTHING in our lives.

We have got to realize that "Big Pharma" and "Big Brother" do not have our best interests at heart.

We as Christians have a duty to this world and the people in it -- to make it a better place to live.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

From the web page:

quote:
EDTA is approved by the FDA for removal of lead and heavy metals which are being found to be the root of many diseases.
IF it is approved by the FDA I have my doubts about the product.

I am not saying the stuff didn't help you, I hope it did.

But, removal of heavy metals can be accomplished by eating correctly and proper exercise.

Fish has many metals in it, just FYI.

Many green leaf veggies can help a great deal.

Green vegies and natural products provide a natural anti-inflamitory, which inflamation is the cause of most heart disease, and many other diseases.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MH....This works I did it, it saved my life....

http://www.chelationstory.com/

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you know about reducing plaque in one's arteries?
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

If we only knew the poisons we put into our bodies that were disguised as food, we would be amazed.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, years ago I was into a cookbook by Graham Kerr. In it he described how that the process used to turn corn oil into hydrogenated stuff, was originally intended to make soap. Yea! And I avoid it somewhat.
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

It is pretty bad. Granted it may not be as bad as the hype is, but it is still pretty bad.

Look it up on the internet at exactly how it works and you will be supprised.

It is still very bad for you and you don't have to have it, and the companies that put it into their food do not even really need it any way.

They just use it because it is cheaper for them to put that in.

so, they are risking your health so they can make a quick buck.

But in reality we are in charge of what we put into our mouths.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I listened to a guy on the radio the other day as he described the molecule of hydrogenated oil. I could 'see' what the molecule looked like just by listening to his explanation, so descriptive was he.

As he said this, he described the process of how the hydrogen molecule links up with an ordinary molecule to form a hydrogenated fat. He explained how that during the hydrogenation process, the hydrogen links up first at one end of the fat molecule, then the other. There was some other description of the process which causes this to happen, properly. Well, he surprised me by saying that if the process stopped there, then the hydrogenated molecule was not entirely bad for anyone. But then he described what would happen if the process failed. In that case what happens is that the hydrogen molecule fails to attach at both ends. When this happens, the hydrogen molecule trys to wrap around and link up somewhere else, so that you have it properly attached at one end, but searching for another place to attach at the other. The end result was that it didn't properly secure itself to each end of the fat molecule, and instead potentially wrapped around and reattached at the end where it was already attached, or somewhere else. "That," he said was a problematic molecule, one known as a 'trans-fat' molecule, which answered a question which I was having.

All of this was due to the improper attachment of molecule to molecule, from end to end respectivly. So, based on his explanation I do not feel that 'hydrogenated' fat is as poisonous as it has come to be known. FWIW!

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

God has lead my heart to share with you some information regarding Cholesterol – mainly to those who worry about it.

I, myself, have had my bouts with Cholesterol – and God in his infinite grace and mercy has allowed my cholesterol to decrease to a range where I am no longer worried about it, because he has shown me that all things are in his control. Knowing that through him, all things are possible.

First, let us start with the very most common questions:

What is cholesterol any way?

What do we need cholesterol for?

Cholesterol is a waxy material, which is made in the liver – and found in certain foods.

We need Cholesterol for our bodies to make certain hormones, construct cells within our body, help produce vitamin D, and to regulate/digest fats – even our brain requires large amounts of cholesterol to function correctly!

Actually, or body can make our own cholesterol and is responsible for about 75% to 85% of cholesterol with our bodies – so even if you never ate any foods with cholesterol in them, you would be ok.

If we didn’t have any cholesterol in our bodies – then we wouldn’t have what God have graced us with: LIFE!

So, as you can see: cholesterol isn’t all that bad now is it?

Now that we’ve covered some of the basics – lets get more basic!

What are the Different Types of Cholesterol?

* Cholesterol
* HDL Cholesterol
* LDL Cholesterol
* VLDL Cholesterol
* Triglycerides

Cholesterol

Ranges:

Good: 200 mg or below
Borderline High: 200 to 239 mg
High: 239mg or above
HDL Cholesterol AKA High Density Lipoprotein (Happy/Good Cholesterol)

This is the one Cholesterol we would prefer to be higher in number.

HDL removes excess cholesterol in the blood stream and can help protect you against heart disease.

Some things that may harm your HDL levels is: Diabetes, Smoking, Overweight, High Triglyceride Cholesterol, lack of physical activity, genetics, certain medications like steroids, and a poor diet high in carbs.

A good range for HDL to be at is 60mg or above.

LDL Cholesterol AKA Low Density Lipoprotein (lousy/bad Cholesterol)

Unlike HDL Cholesterol, LDL Cholesterol we would like to be lower in number.

Too much LDL cholesterol can clog the inner walls of your arteries, greatly increasing the risk of heart attack or stroke.

LDL naturally rises as a person grows older, so as a rule of thumb: If yer’ getting’ older, your LDL’s are getting higher in number!

Our LDL numbers are also determined greatly by what we put into our moths, such as foods high in saturated fats and trans fats.

Certain food labels are misleading – claiming they have no trans fats. This is done because they are not legally obligated to tell you in the nutrition scale.

However, luckily for us, they ARE legally required to tell you the ingredients in the product. If you see any ingredient with the word [red]hydrogenated[/red] then run the other way!

Hydrogenated anything is a trans fat and is not good for your body… as a matter of fact, some states have made it illegal.

Ranges:

Good is 100mg or below
Ok is 100mg – 129mg
Borderline is 129 mg – 159 mg
High is anything above 159 mg.

VLDL Cholesterol AKA Very Low Density Lipoprotein (Very lousy/bad Cholesterol)

There isn’t much to be said about VLDL.

Triglycerides are the building blocks of VLDL.

So as a rule, when you have high Triglycerides (commonly referred to as trigs) then you will most likely have a high VLDL.

VLDL is produced in the liver as a response to a high carbohydrate meal and can be high when you are over weight or have cancer.

A good range for this is 40mg or below.

Trigs AKA Triglycerides (fatty cholesterol)

Triglycerides are usually determined by your weight.

Any excess calories from eating that your body has left over – especially from sugar and alcohol – is turned into triglycerides.

High fat foods such as red meat and dairy products ([red]WHICH I CAN’T STRESS ENOUGH HOW BAD THIS STUFF IS FOR YOU[/red]) increase trigs a large amount.

When ever you grab a handful of your tummy or your love handles, you are grabbing triglycerides.

So, FAT is the main cause of high triglycerides.

Like LDL levels, trigs increase in number as we age – so watch out!

Other factors can increase your trig levels such as medications like: birth control, steroids, and diuretics.

Medical factors can contribute as well: diabetes, hypothyroidism, kidney problems, and liver defects can cause them – as well as genetics.

As you loose weight, fat comes out of fat cells, and moves into the blood stream, raising your trig levels. So if you have a cholesterol test done, and you are loosing weight, don’t freak out if your trig levels are high, or your VLDL levls are high as they are related to your trigs – remember 

Ranges for Triglycerides:

Less than 150mg is normal
150mg – 199mg is borderline high
200mg – 499mg is high
500 mg and up is very high

Now for the most commonly asked question after being diagnosed with high cholesterol: WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT!!!!!

#1 RELAX!!!! – recent studies have determined that stress can cause high blood pressure and cholesterol – so chill out you “Worry Wart”

#2 GET SOME EXERCISE! – HDL will raise with exercise. LDL, Trigs, and VLDL cholesterol will lower with exercise.

#3 LOOSE SOME WEIGHT! – no matter what anyone tells you, diet alone will not loose the fat from your hips and thighs or stomach. You must exercise and diet… this one kind of goes along with rule number 2; I just wanted to re-state it for impact.

#4 STOP THE SMOKING! – need I truly say more?

#5 NO MORE DRINKING! – see my explanation for rule number 4…

#6 Statin Drugs – these drugs will help lower cholesterol in your body by effecting the liver. (there are skeptics out there that believe these drugs are bad for you “ I agree” and that cholesterol is a myth. “I disagree” cholesterol is real, but is a symptom of a larger problem. If you choose to take Statin Drugs, ask your doctor about CoQ10 or ‘ coenzyme q10,’ which will counter act some of the harmful side effects of statins. I recommend rules 1-4 for best results. Research Statin and Cholesterol Myth on google.com”

#7 I saved the best for last…… GOD! Pray go God to help you and he will. We are told in the bible that God will answer his childrens prayers. So pray.
Also, recent studies have shown that religious people are less prone to stress (see rule #1)

If you have any further questions I will do my best to answer them.

Remember… Don’t be a lazy sloth and never exercise… I can’t stress enough how much exercise is good for you and can help.

God Bless and my prayers are with you.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement