Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » THE UNKNOWN HYMN

Author Topic: THE UNKNOWN HYMN
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like this one. It was already stated that it was not said what hymn but yet 2 knew exactly what one it was to start the argument with out substance. Not giving any prof to how they could possibly no? lol.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I would think it's the Psalm that the Jews still sing at their Pesach Passover celebration today; that hymn has probably never changed within Judaism.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jumpinjack
Advanced Member
Member # 7721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jumpinjack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the one.
Posts: 221 | From: wichita, ks | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psalm 118

22 The stone that the builders rejected
has now become the cornerstone.
23 This is the LORD’s doing,
and it is wonderful to see.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jumpinjack
Advanced Member
Member # 7721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jumpinjack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psalm 118!
Posts: 221 | From: wichita, ks | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Post!

I often find that when I'm "down-an-out," a good Christian Song praising the Lord can help me look at the positive side of things and have hope for the future.

Thanks again for this post and your time in posting it [Smile]

God Bless

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

"And when they had sung an hymn, they went out..." (Matt.26:30).

Often have we wondered what might have been the words of that sacred hymn, but God has seen fit to keep this from us for the present.

We have in our Bibles many great poetic expres-sions: the Song of Moses, the beautiful Magnificat, all the Psalms and many other poems, but the hymn that our Lord and His eleven apostles sang that night before leaving the Upper Room was evidently a well-known song, in which they could all join. We can almost imagine our Lord saying, "Before we leave, let's sing...".

We will not know the words of that hallowed hymn until we reach heaven, but we do know this: Our Lord and His apostles did not leave the Upper Room weeping and mourning. Though His soul had been deeply troubled as He approached the dreadful hour of His suffering and death, He could say: "What shall I say? Father save Me from this hour? But for this cause came I unto this hour" (John 12:27). Though deeply saddened by Judas' base betrayal, "having loved His own...He loved them unto the end" (John 13:1), and His words of comfort and cheer during these last hours are now crowned with the singing of a hymn--a hymn, a song of praise.

Though the words of that hymn are as yet unknown to us, the lesson of its singing should not be lost. If the Upper Room scene closed with the singing of a hymn, surely we may be given the grace to sing God's praise in the midst of our lesser trials. And if our Lord, "for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame" (Heb.12:2), surely our burdens may -- and should -- be lightened through the knowledge that by His grace, "our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory" (IICor. 4:17).

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement