Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » the USA is a freedom of religion country...

Author Topic: the USA is a freedom of religion country...
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe that I am saying this, but in Clinton's statement "there is strength in diversity" is sorta right. BUT, not strong in ALL diversities BY ANY MEANS.

If he was talking about manufacturing, or competition in business he could be right.

Like you said, not so if he was speaking of man, religion, morals, laws, caring for the planet, following the constitution, use of women and children, bad bookkeeping, ETC.

However, Obama and his administration believe that to diversify is to be Democratic, IE,
; to balance (as an investment portfolio) defensively by dividing funds among securities of different industries or of different classes.
(I guess that means tax payers to them)

There is also weakness in diversity. For example, by the time the news media diversifies each day it doesn't bring strength, neither does telling us that we will surely be all killed by bombs or meteorites when God has told us it is not so. The end of this world will come when God says it will, and besides, where is the temple?

Obama wants to diversify by shutting us Christians up and apologizing for Americas bad conduct in the past.

How much strength can you put into Clinton's word about diversity when he doesn't know what "it" means ? (or was it "is", no matter)

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill Clinton said that there is strength in diversity! Ok then, gather me a fox, a chicken, a cat, a mouse, a bird and a dog together in a coop, then tell me that there is strength in diversity. How much more stupid a statement can be made?

I agree that America is laid out such that freedom of religion equally applies - in theory. But the truth is that grease and sand are not a good combination to lubricate an axle with. Such is the case with Islam and, if you will, just about any other religion one will name if mixed with it. To be clear, if the country has to compromise its Constitution to accommodate something such as Islam, the theory is out the window. Most of the religions one could name, no matter how strange, would not require from US any such degree of compromise as Islam does. Therefore it is clearly incompatible, and cannot be accommodated, except at great costs. Therefore we (or I) recognize that Islam is not 'truly' accommodated here, if we are to retain the values our forefathers intended. Nuff said!

For there to be strength and unity among the diverse, there has to be beneficial thread shared by all. The diversity cannot be accommodated, except to the demise of our nation.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the USA is a freedom of religion country...type what you want to type, and enjoy yourself abundantly...be yourself, because nobody else can be that for you...we are all unique, even as sinners. [Big Grin]

Eden
"Let your heart be encouraged: You are loved by the resurrected Jesus and Our Father. You are loved, read the Bible"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement