Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Here you go to ponder on

Author Topic: Here you go to ponder on
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you,

[Smile] I have you this before I think and I will gladly say it again, I CAN'T write these things of my own mind, But specifically when I am illuminated by the Holy Spirit. Glory be to God.

I know little but I lean to God who knows all things. When I try to write an OP unillumined, it just is not the same. Plus I believe that over these months it is no coincidence that I am lead to meditate on the subjects that I meditate on. I hope you benefit in some way from them.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Copper25, that's why a rapture in front of a specified 7-year trib perios must be unscriptural. Whether what we believe in Jesus about the rapture will ultimately have a good or bad effect on the world, I don't think so, since "whatever we have missed in the field, God Himself with gather up in the last time":

John 6:12
When they were filled, he said to his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.

I appreciate your Topics, Copper25, do you write all these yourself?

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I for some reason feel expressive today [youpi]

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having fun Copper? [roll on floor]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Copper25 wrote
quote:
and I find these verse interesting

23) But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24) Then comes the end, when He shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. Have fun with these verses.{verses omitted by Eden}.

Copper25, what interests me about the above TWO verses is that they that are Christ's rises in order AT HIS COMING, so that verse confirms for me that when Jesus comes to take rule over the nations from Jerusalem, then we also who are Christ's shall rise after Christ the firstfruit, AT HIS COMING, and NOT AT THE START OF A 7-YEAR TRIB PERIOID.

Because it we went at the START fo a 7-year trib period, then WE'D BE ABLE TO CALCULATE WHEN THE LORD'S SECOND COMING WOULD BE, i.e, exactly 7 years after the rapture.

And that is not scriptural:

Matthew 25:13
Watch therefore, for you know neither the day or the hour wherein the Son of man comes.

If a rapture occurred at the start of a 7-year tribulation period, then we would be able to CALCULATE when the Second Coming would be.

thank you, Eden
"Here you go to ponder on"

Oh Eden, If you can even begin to calculate the day of the Lord, knock yourself out( not literally of course [pound] ), but verses in the bible can give us an idea of if the coming is near, but never the exact date

watch

Matthew 24

32) Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33) So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

1948, Look at Isreal, we know that the time is near, but do we know the exact date? Not a chance on this green earth.

Christ has resurrected from the dead over 1950 years ago. He was the first Fruit.

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Copper25 wrote
quote:

23) But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24) Then comes the end, when He shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. Have fun with these verses.{verses omitted by Eden}.

Copper25, what interests me about the above TWO verses is that they that are Christ's rises in order AT HIS COMING, so that verse confirms for me that when Jesus comes to take rule over the nations from Jerusalem, then we also who are Christ's shall rise after Christ the firstfruit, AT HIS COMING, and NOT AT THE START OF A 7-YEAR TRIB PERIOID.

Because it we went at the START fo a 7-year trib period, then WE'D BE ABLE TO CALCULATE WHEN THE LORD'S SECOND COMING WOULD BE, i.e, exactly 7 years after the rapture.

And that is not scriptural:

Matthew 25:13
Watch therefore, for you know neither the day or the hour wherein the Son of man comes.

If a rapture occurred at the start of a 7-year tribulation period, then we would be able to CALCULATE when the Second Coming would be.

thank you, Eden
"Here you go to ponder on"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't matter where you put it. Sometimes the subject gets changed even before the one who initiates a subject finishes opening it. hehe

I pondered. Thank you. Felt so gooood.

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

I was studying 1 Corinthians 15

24) Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25) For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26) The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27) For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28) And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Have fun with these verse [updown]

I meant to put this on the JESUS THE MESSIAH WOULD BE GOD HIMSELF thread, oops! [pound]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement