Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The New Earth

Author Topic: The New Earth
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have reformed. I will no longer mention Eden changing the subject. What good does it do anyway?

When reading the thought that was not about the New Earth, but this one now, I visualized a professional college student. Basically, Eden, you said that once saved you do nothing but listen to the Holy Spirit.

It's like imagining that you and the Spirit are standing at an open door leading out. You have your cap and gown on with your diploma in hand and looking out. The Spirit is tugging on you but you are going nowhere. You keep yelling "I'm not going anywhere, I am here to observe". Well, that's what it sounds like.

Actually, there are a great number of things that we are to do while in our flesh bodies on this earth. Being aware of these works is for a purpose besides just knowing about them. It is true, you can just sit and observe, nothing more, but spending eternity naked seems worth avoiding.

Again, you say that the only thing God has for us on this earth to do, is to live under the guidance of the Spirit. You sound as if that means nothing.

To mention a few, witnessing, preaching, teaching, helping the poor, giving, praying, singing, providing food, serving food, stewardship, building, healing, transportation, and many other things. Each of us have predestined assignments.

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden, Our job as The Church of The Lord Jesus Christ is to further the kingdom under the guidance of The Holy Spirit.

The Great Commission:

(Mark 16:15-16)
15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeper wrote
quote:
Meanwhile, God has a job for us here and now.
The only job God has for us here and now is to live under the guidance of the Holy Spirit here and now. Everything else is useless:

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go; I will guide you with My eye.

Psalm 48:14
For this God is our God forever and ever: He will be our guide even unto death.

That's the only work God has for use: to let Him guide us:

28 Then they said to Him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

John 6:29
And Jesus said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe on Him whom He has sent.

When I believe that the Son of God is guiding my steps on earth from heaven by way of the Holy Spirit, then I'm already doing the works of God.

And whatever God counsels by thought and emotion that I should do next, if I do it, then I'm doing the work of God and not my own work.

(Keeper, this is a good place to accuse me of changing the subject again.)

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I think of heaven it is sort of like being a child at Christmas. My imagination goes wild. I know there are things there, with Jesus being at the head of the list. We have been told of some things but it is like the child and their imagination, really great wonders will be there but you won't know what until the package is opened.

I also believe that it will always be Christmas in heaven. There will be surprises and wonders forever and ever. We won't be living on clouds but here on a new earth and our Lord will be with us. Our loved ones will be there, the plants and animals will share to wonders and communicate with us. The colors will put colors on this earth to shame. Well, you know the rest.

Meanwhile, God has a job for us here and now.

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 8 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oneinchrist ....I guess I am a little crazy too!

I think of seeing creation the way Adam saw it that first day....what a glorious site....

the restoration of all things, it's hard to wrap my brain around it all....

I think about enjoying my family through eternity...

I think about seeing the loin and the lamb playing together...

I stay home sick waiting for that last day when we all go home and can't wait to see Him who made it all possible .....

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no crazy thoughts about the new earth like those.

2 Corinthians 10:5
Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

I know the Holy Spirit is not thinking thoughts like that about the new earth, Amen?

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking about the New earth and having some crazy thoughts about it..........

--riding on a T-rex
--walking on the bottom of the ocean
--taking a spiritual escalator up to heaven
--wrestling with a lion
--jumping off a mountain and not getting hurt
--eating and not having to go potty, lol
--sitting in a movie theatre watching my entire life story in 2 seconds

anyone else have any crazy thoughts about the New Heaven and Earth??

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement