Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » IT'S YOUR ATTITUDE

Author Topic: IT'S YOUR ATTITUDE
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you make comments like you do when you seldom read the context of the script?

Worse yet, you often write scripts that you don't read or know what you are talking about.

Is that what this is all about ?

Is that your Attitude?

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, sorry, Keeper, I had no idea from your post that you meant, "as they say".

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden, you have got to be kidding.

I wasn't talking about myself ! My comment was "Like THEY say".

I was joining in on ATTITUDE di....never mind.

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Keeper wrote to Eden
quote:
Like they say "Go figure", I have no time to pray or study the bible, and besides everybody is avoiding that stuff now days, so why are you pickin on me? I'm a pretty good person and stuff.
I'm not picking on you, Keeper. Rather, let's praise the Lord together that your post could serve as a vehicle to keep the Topic going. And, if you post something, then of course it becomes public domain and people can and will post answers to your post. That's basic Internet Bible study, you know.

I know that you are a good person and stuff, and I believe what u said earlier about being in your workshop and listening to Christian radio to learn more. So far you have been very nice on the bbs in my opinion.

love, Eden

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

We all know you are right.

Everyone makes their own bed and sleeps in it. It is no secret that we all get sidetracted for one reason or another. My guess is that the younger we are the less spiritual due to a lack of bible study and works.

Like they say "Go figure", I have no time to pray or study the bible, and besides everybody is avoiding that stuff now days, so why are you pickin on me ? I'm a pretty good person and stuff.

Eden
unregistered

Keeper wrote
quote:
Who would receive salvation, learn of it, and experience the love, and then turn away ? That takes us back to the subject here, Attitude.
People forget...time goes on...the cares of this world are calling...the Bible isn't read enough...eventually the experience of love is a more distant memory...

The daily vicissitudes call and need to be dealt with...the baby is crying... People forget and move on...it's not that they turn away...unless they invest time with God, even those who have once or twice experienced the love of God can...drift away...

love, Eden

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Gentlemen, the way I read it is that Salvation is a Gift of Mercy, and there is Nothing we can do to Earn it.

Salvation can be lost, once gained, but not likely. To Repent is to remain a member of the family of God.

There is a lot said in Matthew 7:19-20 (last post), God will know ones heart and future when you ask to be saved. Therefore, if you are one asking to be a Christian of Convenience, it won't work, and you won't be accepted, unless of course, you have a change of heart later.

God's will is fairly complex:
a. His revealed expectations for our moral behavior.
b. An expression of His sovereign determination of events and things that will surely come to pass, of which we may be a participant of.
c. His plan for your life and His divine control over your personal life.

Who would receive salvation, learn of it, and experience the love, and then turn away ? That takes us back to the subject here, Attitude.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Eden...

But then you cannot be implying that salvation can be LOST AFTER salvation if a saved Christian does NOT produce moral and righteous acts, right?

!Matthew 7:19-20

Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

the will of the Father is to produce fruit

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeper wrote
quote:
Moral and righteous acts are never a way to earn salvation, but they are fruit that salvation is expected to produce. James 2:14-26
So since moral and righetous acts are NEVER a way to earn salvation, then salvation is NOT EARNED by moral and righteous acts.

But then you cannot be implying that salvation can be LOST AFTER salvation if a saved Christian does NOT produce moral and righteous acts, right?

Therefore moral and righteous acts can ONLY BE a function of REWARDS and NOT a function of SALVATION, even if we say, as you also said, that "Moral and righteous acts are never a way to earn salvation, but they are fruit that salvation is expected to produce. James 2:14-26."

Producing "fruit" therefore can only be a function of "rewards" but "never of salvation", right?

love, Eden of Chilmad who was never IN Eden, as you can see

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Thank you. It's nice to see that someone reads my scripts.
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Keeper......

Works for salvation are at loss for no one can be saved by works.

Eph 2:8-9 It is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast.

However.....

Eph 2:10 Those who have received God's grace are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Moral and righteous acts are never a way to earn salvation, but they are fruit that salvation is expected to produce. James 2:14-26

[thumbsup2] [Cross] [Bible] [Prayer]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Works for salvation are at loss for no one can be saved by works.

Eph 2:8-9 It is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast.

However.....

Eph 2:10 Those who have received God's grace are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

So, I don't think it is a matter of self-righteousness or working with something from the past. Works are expected. Also, don't forget about the garments.

Eden
unregistered

hey, WildB, that was the best Cornelius R. Stam sermon to date, for me. Not our sins because Jesus died for them 100%. But our self-righteous attitude could keep us out.

Because I think that God is ONLY trying to bring every person on earth to AGREE with Him, that we are indeed sinners, thru and thru and 100% sinners, with "no good thing in us":

Romans 7:18
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I have not found.

Now, Paul who wrote the book of Romans says that HE KNEW that in him dwelled "no good thing". The problem with perhaps many Christians is that they still think that "some good thing dwells in them".

So when these Christians "become Christians" by "believing that Jesus died for them", these Christians start to try to "please God with the parts that they think are still good", and as a result they set right off on the path of self-righteousness again, and actually "put themselves right back under the Law" again:

Galatians 4
3 Evenso we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world.

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law.

5 To redeem them who were under the law, that we might receive the dadoption of sons.

We are ADOPTED sons. Let's be clear about this, that ADOPTED children DID NOTHING to get themselves adopted, other than HOPING they would be the ones CHOSEN and "looking as cute as they possibly could" at their Prospective Adoptive Parent, praise the LORD.

To return to the them of Cornelius Stam's sermon, a "self-righteous attitude" on the face of a son who wants to be adopted son cannot be right. [Razz]

love to all, Eden of Chilmad, who was never IN Eden

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Thank You.
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Keeper,
Welcome! and greetings to you in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

It seems very important that we maintain a good attitude toward our God.

Acceptance of God's forgiveness transforms the attitude of the believer.
Jesus taught that the the person who has been forgiven much loves much Luke 7:36-50.

The NT links forgiveness to release of guilt feelings. Hebrews 9:11-14

The believers sins interrupt his or her fellowship with God. Though the Christian is a forgiven person-with all sins past, present, and future paid for in Christ's one sacrifice. Yet the Christian who sins will experience loss of present fellowship with God will feel again pangs of guilt.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While attitude, can play apart, it is sin not attitude that will keep one out of Heaven. No one will go to hell because they had a bad attitude but because they refused to repent and accept Jesus as their Lord and King.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

Many people fear that they will never reach heaven. Some try not to think about it, while others struggle to "be good," hoping that they will finally "make it." Very few, comparatively, are sure of heaven.

The real pity is that so few understand what it is that keeps people out of heaven. If you are confused about this, just remember that according to Scripture, it is not one's sins that keep him out of heaven, but his attitude.

God has made full provision for our sins. "Christ died for our sins" (I Cor. 15:3) and "we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His grace"
(Eph. 1:7).

But God has made no provision for a self-righteous attitude. He gave the Law "that every mouth may be stopped and that all the world may be brought in guilty before God" (Rom. 3:19). Thus He does not want you to keep saying things in your own defense. In fact, before you can know God as your Savior, you must recognize Him as your Judge, righteously condemning you as a sinner.

Often, when capital crimes are involved, the defendant's attorney will tell him: "It will be to your advantage to plead guilty and to throw yourself on the mercy of the court." This is especially true of us as sinners in the sight of a holy God. If we will only plead guilty and cast ourselves upon His mercy we will find Him more than gracious, for He has already paid the penalty for our sins Himself.

Yes, unsaved friend, it will be to your eternal advantage to plead guilty before God and to cast yourself upon His mercy, "for the wages of sin is death, but THE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD" (Rom. 6:23).

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement