Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » How to live in the last days!

Author Topic: How to live in the last days!
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Timothy 3:1-7 ( KJV )

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, very true.

quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Regarding this partof Proverbs 1:20-33
quote:
Because I have called, and you refused;
That reminded me of the NT verse "Many are called but few are chosen". I always had some trouble understanding the "many are called but few are chosen" verse, but "it is the refusing and lack of interest in the counsel of God" that actually results in "few of them being chosen" because only a few actually "took an active interest in following the counsel of God" when they were called to follow God's counsel.

Your verse from Proverbs 1:20-33 helped throw some more light on that "many are called" verse for me.

thanks, Eden

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding this partof Proverbs 1:20-33
quote:
Because I have called, and you refused;
That reminded me of the NT verse "Many are called but few are chosen". I always had some trouble understanding the "many are called but few are chosen" verse, but "it is the refusing and lack of interest in the counsel of God" that actually results in "few of them being chosen" because only a few actually "took an active interest in following the counsel of God" when they were called to follow God's counsel.

Your verse from Proverbs 1:20-33 helped throw some more light on that "many are called" verse for me.

thanks, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Lo, wisdom crieth in the streets,
In solemn tones of warning;
Amid the concourse loud repeats,
The end of time is coming.

* Refrain:
The voice of wisdom cries to all,
The end of time is coming soon;
The voice of wisdom cries to all,
Escape the sinner’s awful doom.

2. Hear, O ye craving, restless throng,
The gospel invitation,
It tells you what you’ve needed long—
The touch of God’s salvation.

3. Young men, in all your revelry,
Young ladies, proud and thoughtless,
Will you be saved eternally,
Or die forever hopeless?

4. You drown your souls in follies deep,
You plunge in sin’s perdition,
Yet wisdom cries upon the street,
In God there is redemption.

5. Ye aged sinners surely know
Your end of time is coming,
And youthful summers swiftly flow
Down to the vale of mourning.

6. Come, old and young, come, rich and poor,
We have but one probation;
Be wise, repent and sin no more,
Accept a free salvation.

http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/Wisdom_Crieth_in_the_Streets/

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

James 4:13-17 ( KJV ) 13Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. 16But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. 17Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil. ~ Proverbs 1:20-33

. [Bible]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement