Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Bible study tool

Author Topic: Bible study tool
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently reacquired two reference books which are very important to me.

They are "The Englishman's Greek Concordance of the New Testament", and "The Englishman's Hebrew and Chaldee Concordance of the Old Testament".

You say, "What do these books do for you?" And "what is the difference between those 2 books and Strong's Concordance?"

Okay, let's say I look up the word "Lord" in the Greek New Testament in the Strong's Concordance and find out that "Lord" is the Greek word "kurios".

But the Strong's Concordance ONLY SHOWS ME ALL OCCURRENCES where the Greek word "kurios" was translated into "Lord" since that was my "search word".

So what "The Engishman's Greek Concordance of the New Testament" does extra for me, is that it shows me ALL THE ENGLISH WORDS that the Greek word "kurios" was translated into in the KJV.

In other words, once I know that "kurios" is the number 2962, then I look up the number 2962 and it shows me ALL THE ENGLISH WORDS that 2962 was translated into.

So I need the Strong's Concordance to first find out what the Greek word's number is, like "Lord" is 2962, and once I have that number, then I can go to "The Engishman's Greek Concordance of the New Testament" and see ALL THE ENGLISH WORDs that the Greek "kurios 2962" was translated into in the NT that underlies the KJV.

Do you see the difference? It's a very valuable tool to have in addition to the Strong's Concordance.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement