Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Seek His Face..

Author Topic: Seek His Face..
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard Trader wrote, as posted by Found in Him
quote:
He went on to explain that most people seek God to give them something, but we should seek the face of God in fellowship with Him. Have you ever known someone, who never contacted you, until they wanted you to do something for them? We could become that way with God. That's when we think about the LORD, only when we need Him to do something for us. I wonder how God feels about that? I know how it makes me feel.
Good point, Richard Trader. And the interesting part is that even we as humans are "more likely to to something for that person if we are having an ongoing relationship with that person, through friendship, while I would be less likely to give that person something if I hardly only heard from them when they needed something". It's the very relationship of friendship and mutual love and admiration that "makes us want to give to that other person".

So in fact, the more we actually ARE His daily friend, the more He is actually likely to give us something if we are in need.

love, Eden, the merchant of Chilmad

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard Trader
"Seek the LORD and His strength;
seek His face evermore."

Psalm 105:4, NKJV

Sitting in a pew years ago, I heard a preacher say words that I have never forgotten. He said,"Many folks seek the hand of God, but they never seek the face of God." He went on to explain that most people seek God to give them something, but we should seek the face of God in fellowship with Him. Have you ever known someone, who never contacted you, until they wanted you to do something for them? We could become that way with God. That's when we think about the LORD, only when we need Him to do something for us. I wonder how God feels about that? I know how it makes me feel.

To seek the face of God is to seek fellowship with the LORD. We do that through Scripture reading, prayer and worship. When I perform a wedding, I ask the couple to face each other to say their vows. That is an intimate time of bonding. God wants intimacy with us. He wants more than words from our lips. He wants us to seek His face. He wants a heart-to-heart relationship with every believer. The reason for His desire is clear. He loves us with a love which is unconditional, eternal, steadfast and true.

As we seek the Father's face, we find His strength. The psalmist said, "Seek the LORD and His strength." That strength brings the assurance of His loving care. We need not worry any longer about our needs or seeking His hand. We know that He is there for us. That means our needs are met, not because we look for His hand, but because we see the loving kindness and tender care in His face. Then, we know for sure that "my God shall supply all of your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus," Philippians 4:19.

Father, we seek Your face as we read Your Word, pray and worship. Bring us to the place of intimate adoration in fellowship with You through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement