Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » My Peace, I Give Unto You

Author Topic: My Peace, I Give Unto You
Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His Peace that passes all understanding! [thumbsup2] [Smile] [clap2]

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Peace, I Give Unto You
by D.L. Moody

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth,
give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
(John 14:27 KJV)

Did you ever think that when Christ was dying on the cross, He made a will?
Perhaps you have thought that no one ever remembered you in a will. If you are in the Kingdom, Christ remembered you in His. He willed His body to Joseph of Arimathea, He willed His mother to John, the son of Zebedee, and He willed His spirit back to His Father.

But to His disciples He said, "My peace, I leave that with you; that is My legacy. My joy, I give that to you."

" My joy," think of it! "My peace"—not our peace, but His peace!

They say a man can't make a will now that lawyers can't break, and drive a four-in-hand right straight through it. I will challenge them to break Christ's will; let them try it. No judge or jury can set that aside. Christ rose to execute His own will. If He had left us a lot of gold, thieves would have stolen it in the First Century; but He left His peace and His joy for every true Believer, and no power on earth can take it from him who trusts.

CRM Additional Note:

Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

The Lord Jesus left us with this promise. He said, "My peace, I give unto you..."
He is preparing a place for us in His Father's house-- which is our Father's house. We are joint-heirs with Christ Jesus. The promise that He will come
again and receive us unto Himself is so comforting to His Saints. We look for
His appearing! The promises of God are true. And no matter what you may be going through today, may you have peace in knowing that the Savior-- the Lord Jesus-- will never leave you, nor forsake you. He gives us His peace. Therefore as Hebrews 12:2 says-- we must look unto the Lord Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our Faith!

[Big Grin] peace, His peace.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement