Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » I WASN'T PRAYING RIGHT

Author Topic: I WASN'T PRAYING RIGHT
Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a beautiful post WildB very touching a true. God always has our best interest at heart, even when we can't really understand why He takes so long to answer. Nevertheless, God is always Faithful and is always on time.

Good Post [thumbsup2]

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty wrote...We should be careful about saying that we will never lose heart. We do not know what the future holds. But, we can know with out a doubt that Jesus will never fail us.

He is so faithful isn't He? you are right, there have been times I grew weary and questioned. He is faithful to pick us up and strengthen us. He will come through every time.

[hug] You're a sweet woman Betty

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Wild,
The hardest thing to do is to let go and allow God to work His will. This is not a lesson we learn once and for all. This is a process that takes time and growth in the Lord. Because we are still in the flesh, there will be times we are strong in the Lord and times we are weak. Remember John the Baptist who dedicated his whole life to serving God, had his moment in crisis when he doubted. He sent his disciples to Jesus to ask if Jesus really was the one. Remember Jesus did not become angry at John, instead He told the messengers to go back and report the miracles they had seen.

We should be careful about saying that we will never lose heart. We do not know what the future holds. But, we can know with out a doubt that Jesus will never fail us.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

We were having supper in a restaurant in Albany, Georgia, and had just given our waitress a gospel tract. This brought about an incident we shall probably never forget. The young lady was married and had one child, though still a teen-ager, but she was a sincere believer and had already learned one lesson which is bound to enrich the life of any Christian.

About ten months previous her little baby, only two months old, had become seriously ill. The little one was taken to the hospital but his condition worsened daily. "I was on my knees so much those days," said the young mother, "begging the Lord day after day not to take my little child, and I guess I got a little bitter one night when the doctor warned me in a kind way not to expect too much.

"I went home again and began claiming promises from the Lord, when it dawned on me that I hadn't been praying right. All of a sudden it came to me, and I said: 'Lord, I'm your child and I know perfectly well that you wouldn't do anything to harm me, so please help me just to trust you and to understand that whatever you do is for my good.'

"I felt better then," she said, "and I guess the Lord just wanted me to learn that lesson, because what do you think! The very next morning when I went to the hospital one of the nurses came to me almost dancing. She said: 'Honey, your baby's going to live. The crisis is over. You should see how well he's doing!' And he was! You should have seen him! And you should see how fine and healthy he is now!

"I'm so thankful. And believe me, I've learned that lesson, and won't go demanding things from the Lord again."

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement