Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » With 300 million people in the USA, it amazes me

Author Topic: With 300 million people in the USA, it amazes me
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RWDavis, I liked this statement of yours
quote:
will do my best to allow the Lord to undermine what I might have misrepresented (Num 23:19-20).
The man or woman who is flexible enough to switch to the latest discovered and/or revealed truth will learn the most about God of all of us. Be blessed in letting go to the next truth that overrides.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

RWDavis used a lot of verses, but it would have been even better if he or she had also posted the actual verses because there are people sitting the virtual pews of this bbs who don't have a clue what those verses might be.

And ultimately it's about people getting saved, isn't it?

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Found in Him wrote
quote:
I would love to see The Lord reign here.
It is not that the Lord does not reign here, but the problem is that WE are fairly uncouth.

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

It's interesting to me that when I have mentioned this bbs site to BORNAGAIN CHRISTIANS, and that, perhaps even often, we "sons and daughters of God get into it with each other about doctrine", just like regular children, and then those bornagain Christians have said to me, "well, that's why I stay away from such a bbs".

So, first of all, I want to commend every one of you who is willing to BRAVE the waters of sibling love to participate on this bbs.

But, more than that, when I hear bornagain Christians say something like "well, that's why I don't participate on those kinds of sites", I am thinking, "you are needed at FORTRESS BIBLE STUDY". Fortress Bible Study "needs sons and daughters of God to FIGHT FOR THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST, eventhough it is "not always pretty to watch".

Here is 100% for me. I would MUCH RATHER see some bornagain Christians on this site "get into it with each other over doctrinal issues", than have the bornagain Christians "not participate at all".

I applaud all Christians who have THE GUTS to participate on this bbs, to speak about the miracles and resurrection of Jesus, even if our own foibles may show in the process of speaking about the miracles of Jesus.

Subject: With 300 million people in the USA, it amazes me that so few people participate on a Christian bbs like this...

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RW Referenced..... Luke 17
7"Suppose one of you had a servant plowing or looking after the sheep. Would he say to the servant when he comes in from the field, 'Come along now and sit down to eat'? 8Would he not rather say, 'Prepare my supper, get yourself ready and wait on me while I eat and drink; after that you may eat and drink'? 9Would he thank the servant because he did what he was told to do? 10So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.' "

How refreshing. Yes this is good for me to read tonight thank you. How favorably God looks upon us and yet we are truly hopeless sinners without Him. One of my favorite portions of scripture is John 13: 1-9.

Jesus was The ultimate example of a humble servant-- and humbling Himself as He did by kneeling and washing His disciples feet, He set an example indeed for us.

He is the most worthy of all but was found at our feet washing. Where should we be found?

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RWDavis
Community Member
Member # 7649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RWDavis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clyde,
Thanks for the welcome.

You'll find Lewisport on the Ohio, about 20-miles east of Owensboro. You can't miss us. Lewisport is the second largest city in Hancock County, and Hancock County showed nearly 8,500 residents in the 2000 census.

As far as our differences in testimony, by all means let it be heard (Psalms 96:10,11-12). I don't know how one way is better (Luke 17:7-9,10)

Posts: 11 | From: Lewisport, ky | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Fultz III
unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard RW,
And I thought I used alot of verses. But, that is always good to do. I am just the opposite, I do not quate the passage in hope that they will go and reach themselves.
Btw, I am from Frankfort, how far is your town from here?

RWDavis
Community Member
Member # 7649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RWDavis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog and FOUND WITH HIM,
Thanks for the welcome

Thank you frog for the assurance that there are no stick-in-the-muds here (1Cor 14:29-31,32-33).

Thank you FOUND for faithfully searching the verses. I always post my witnesses (Heb 9:17) so that if someone learned a different connotation or denotation in the words I use they might go to the cited verses and ignore what they thought I said altogether (1John 2:24,27; Rom 3:3-4,7).

As I said, I will try to keep my mouth shut where speaking will obviously make me sound like a judge (1Cor 4:7; 6:3-4,5-7), and will do my best to allow the Lord to undermine what I might have misrepresented (Num 23:19-20).

Posts: 11 | From: Lewisport, ky | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome RW!

That took me a while to look up all those scriptures, thank you. I too hope and pray that this board will come into unity in Christ. There is One hope, one faith, one baptism, one Lord and Savior. I would love to see The Lord reign here.

[Smile] Welcome again.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy RW ! Are you from down in Texas ? Seems I heard and seen ya on the show Dallas. LOL

Just jokin...Welcome to the board. There aren't many of us, like Eden said, but apparently you know that already. We may take some getting used to here, but who wants a board where everyone is a nurd ?

RWDavis
Community Member
Member # 7649

With 300-million people hearing from denominations of the Christ who cannot be denominated (1Cor 1:11-13; Eph 4:4-6), it surprises me that so many of the denominated doctrines preached in the names of denominational founders (Psalms 49:11-13) are being mixed and swirled into personal choices here (Rev 13:1; 17:6-7,15).

I don't claim to know more than anyone else, but I insist that the witnesses I call into account are unchangable testimonies the Lord acknowledges (Hebrews 9:17; Isaiah 8:18-20; Hebrews 11:2-3,39-40).

Men who are trained to exalt some men above others don't know the accused, tried, convicted and executed blasphemer (Galatians 3:13) who is my lowly Savior (Matt 25:37-39) who willingly obeyed God (Isaiah 45:5-7; 1Corinthians 13:9-10,11), and, though He knew no sin (1Cor 15:51,56; James 2:9-10) became sin for us, so that we in retrospect (Hebrews 9:28) mightb become the glory of God (2Corinthians 5:19,21; Matthew 22:29-32; 2Corinthians 5:20).

This is my first post here. I'll do more listening to rapture doctrines and the pre-post-tribulations that cling to the imagination, and wait for the Lord to nudge me where I can be least offensive.

Eden
unregistered

With 300 million people in the USA, it amazes me that so few people participate on these Christian bulletin boards.

love, Eden
"Lord, I worship You because of Who You are"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement