Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » WHO SHALL SEPARATE US?

Author Topic: WHO SHALL SEPARATE US?
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cornelius R. Stam wrote, as posted by WildB,
quote:
Let us understand this clearly and remember it always. It is not our love to Him, but His love to us, that saves us -- and it is His love to us that keeps us saved. This is where we must begin the Christian life.
I have recently been reading through Psalms again and throughout it is God's mercy which forgives our sins...it is really not that we have "gotten any better at being good" but rather that "God in His great mercy FORGIVES US OUR SINS".

As Cornelius Stam wrote, "it is His love TOWARD US that saves us", and not the other way around.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glory to God!

John 15
4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?" (Rom. 8:35).

True Christians have been saved from the penalty of sin for one reason alone: because of "the love of God, which is [manifested] in Christ Jesus our Lord."

St. John wrote by divine inspiration:
"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation [satisfaction] for our sin.
"We love Him because He first loved us" (I John 4:10,19).

Let us understand this clearly and remember it always. It is not our love to Him, but His love to us, that saves us -- and it is His love to us that keeps us saved. This is where we must begin the Christian life.

A wayward husband returned to his grieving wife one day, after many months of living in sin. Sobbing his heart out in remorse and shame, he told her how often he had longed to be home again with the wife he knew to be so true to him. Asked why, then, he had not returned sooner, he explained that he was ashamed; to which his wife replied: "John, I want you to know something and never forget it: I love you." John sobbed in response: "Who wouldn't want to live for a woman like this!"

Just so it is the knowledge that Christ loves us no matter what; that nothing shall ever separate us from His love; it is this that makes the sincere believer determine, by God's grace, to be always true to Him.

Thus the Scripture doctrine of the believer's eternal se- curity in Christ by no means leads to careless living. On the contrary, it affords the greatest possible motivation to "live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world" (Tit. 2:11,12).

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement