Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » So, Michael Harrison (or anyone)

Author Topic: So, Michael Harrison (or anyone)
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should be intimidated bf that you may learn something.

:eden:
That's nice policy. We'll consider that when you do write in our posts, that that is your deductible.:eden:

If I recall, this post was addressed to me.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
I have started a self-imposed policy of posting, by and large, in my own posts, more than in others.
That's nice policy. We'll consider that when you do write in our posts, that that is your deductible. [Big Grin]

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have started a self-imposed policy of posting, by and large, in my own posts, more than in others. Once in a while I may not be able to resist. But I shall 'tend' to stay in mine by reason of people like (well, never mind).

But bf, go back to instructors school. Get in someone else's face. Intimidate someone whom you are able because you think that makes the man. You don't intimidate the servant of the Lord. [zzzzzz]

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote
quote:

Satan is not invited into my house or conversations.

bluefrog, you are free to answer whichever posts you choose to answer. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. Hello-o.

Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inappropriate are they ?

Satan is not invited into my house or conversations.

You can sit there and have him spew his garbage at us and say that he can say whatever he wants to and even be encouraged?

Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote
quote:
MICHAEL HARRISON....Mister ! You have gone too far now.!!!

Why don't you just go away!

Take your Sulpher breathed buddy and haul out !

This is no place for you!

GIT!!!!!!

bluefrog, your remarks are wholly inappropriate. I may not quite get what Michael Harrison is trying to say, but I'll defend his right to say it, here, or anywhere else. This is America with freedom of speech; this is not Cuba.

Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

MICHAEL HARRISON....Mister ! You have gone too far now.!!!

Why don't you just go away!

Take your Sulpher breathed buddy and haul out !

This is no place for you!

GIT!!!!!!

If anyone else on his board communicates with this clown then you are of his brood, not mine.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus is my leader and teacher Michael.

I know what carnal thoughts are-- I know what life and peace are as well.

Let The Lord be Lord and His people live in peace.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the sake of eden, and of those who are slaves to sin who say they are not robots, but who claim that surrender to the Lord will make them robots: eden, IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM, BY EVERY MEANS, DO NOT WAIT FOR THE LORD TO GUIDE YOU. HE didn't make you stupid, or did HE? Or can we not blame this one on the evil one. For what a man knows to do, he should. That means to eat, drink, and toilet (to make this unforgettable to your memory). In other words, HE gave you a life. LIVE IT! But...

"For as many as are 'LED' by the Spirit of God, they are the SONS of God." You exist in two (or more) realms at once. You exist in the spiritual, and in the carnal. You cannot accomplish anything spiritual, in the carnal. But for the life of you, you will try until you die. (That is a quotable statement!)

You exist in the temporal wherein certain things must be attended to. He is not going to tell you to do what you don't even have to think about before doing. So this illustrates the childishness of believers who resist HIS will, to be so petty in understanding about the things of God.

YE do typify why Paul the Apostle said this to the Corinthians:

1Co 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I give up Michael.

You constantly say that folks here are judging you, but are you not judging?

Take a good look at David's life Michael. The Lord was pleased with him. Who could want more?

I choose to be a Jesus pleaser-- not a man pleaser.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
We choose to obey. We choose to love. We choose to serve Him. We choose to go to the store. We choose to either hate or love our brother. We choose to speak words of kindness or bitterness. We choose to humble ourselves or not. We choose to honor and fear God or not. We choose to sulk or lift our heads to the Lord. We choose what we eat. We choose what to wear. We choose to give or withhold. We choose to help someone or ignore them. We choose to praise Him or mope. We choose to study or watch tv. We choose to witness to the lost or bite our tongues.

We are not robots Michael, we are people.
If we are controlled as you say, then why will we have to stand before God (and we will) and "give an account of things done while in our bodies"?

A carnal mind is a terrible thing. It should go to waste.
Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote to Eden
quote:
Like I said before, if you believe that you just sit down and turn it all over to Jesus to tell you to stand up, step with the left foot, now the right....eat now, drink now, speak now saying.....???? It ain't gonna happen.
Well, that is precisely what I think IS going to happen. When I begin to TRUST that Christ in me will GUIDE MY STEPS, then I can TRUST that He will prompt me to go left, right, eat that, drink this, say that, that is PRECISELY what is going to happen.

Jesus's thoughts and emotins are BETTER than MY thoughts and emotions and so I TRUST that when God says that "Christ lives IN me", that in fact Christ will begin to live in me", so that whatever I "hear" to do next, at any given moment, I will trust that that is coming from the Lord.

And the Lord has GREAT ideas which lead me to green pastures beside quiet waters and at His right hand are pleasures forever more.

love, Eden

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God however is not a neglectful father, Proverbs 3:12)For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

If one can act just like the world around them, then do they have their father in heaven or for that matter would God even be their Father in heaven?

1 John 2:15)Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

God doesn't allow His children to conform to worldly ways but rather breaks them free from them.

In this sense God restricts us when necessary.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN...Subj: So, Michael Harrison (or anyone)

Eden I will also attempt to answer your original questions with answers:

When you turn yourself over to Jesus and are saved, No, you do not turn into a vegetable or a robot and let Jesus think and do everything for you. You will become righteous and you will be a disciple. Being righteous makes you a family member of the kingdom of God with all the rights.
As a disciple you are learning how to best fit into God's plan and do it with the help of the Holy Spirit. Jesus is at the right hand of God, not in you. Your knowledge has come from God and Jesus and now you are still learning from the Spirit.

Like I said before, if you believe that you just sit down and turn it all over to Jesus to tell you to stand up, step with the left foot, now the right....eat now, drink now, speak now saying.....???? It ain't gonna happen. You try that and you will die if you stick it out.

God has seen to it that we have a book of instructions and laws so folks won't say he has a bunch of dummies. There is someone assigned to read the bible for your best understanding and that is you.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Michael wrote....Luk 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.....

Okay, Let's look at Jesus' words from John 13. Please go back and read this whole chapter. We need to decipher here what perfection truly is.

10Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you." 11For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean.

12When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. 13"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Michael,

We choose to obey. We choose to love. We choose to serve Him. We choose to go to the store. We choose to either hate or love our brother. We choose to speak words of kindness or bitterness. We choose to humble ourselves or not. We choose to honor and fear God or not. We choose to sulk or lift our heads to the Lord. We choose what we eat. We choose what to wear. We choose to give or withhold. We choose to help someone or ignore them. We choose to praise Him or mope. We choose to study or watch tv. We choose to witness to the lost or bite our tongues.

We are not robots Michael, we are people.
If we are controlled as you say, then why will we have to stand before God (and we will) and "give an account of things done while in our bodies"?

I submit to you that we are not controlled BUT gifted and equipped for service.

Our daily lives are filled with choices. He is our Lord and wants to lead us- but we have choices.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you cannot 'do' it on your own. That is why HIS perfection is your only salvation.

You cannot 'do' it on your own. You cannot do 'anything' on your own.

That is why HIS perfection is your only salvation, and it can only be understood by going through the eye of the needle; by hitting the straight and narrow way! He is the way, the truth, and the life.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This 'is' the basics. To go anywhere from here is to go away 'from' the basics. Moreover, the 'robot' as so many like to refer to it, is he who is in sin, i.e. unbelief.

Gal 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Gal 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

God doesn't make 'robots'.

Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

But you are not free until you 'submit'. Them's the facts.

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

For all shall "KNOW" me! "Their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more."

1Jn 1:6 If we say that we 'have fellowship' with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

And the point is eden, just to reiterate it, and this is not directed at you, but at anyone: Are you 'willing' for HIM to be in control? Found in him said something I'm sure she thinks is profound, when she said, "He humbled Himself and loved until His last breath." But herein is humbling one's self. It is in whether he is willing for Jesus his LORD, to be in control. (Why do you think HE is called Lord?) Anything less is not humbling one's self. It can only be described as any number of things which if listed can only be described as 'bound for hell' type stuff. And these are the very things one is to 'repent' of. They handicap the relationship. And one repents of these things by surrendering control to HIS (God's) Spirit. For the temptation of Eve by the devil was that she was smart enough to make her own decisions. She did and she blew it.

quote:
We are not Jesus. We cannot put ourselves on His level. We can only become more “like” God's Son.

He is the only one who was given the Spirit without measure. He was perfect.

He was highly exalted by The Father because He humbled Himself and loved until His last breath.

We need to know our place and humble ourselves under Him. If you are striving for perfection (I say this in love) You must walk as Jesus did-- In COMPLETE Humility and in PERFECT love.
quote:
fih

You cannot 'strive' for perfection. I have to be rude here. It gets so tiring. THAT IS LAME! So sorry to step out of humility! Striving is the 'opposite' of what one is supposed to 'do'. And if I say one cannot 'do' anything to 'be' perfect, it only shows that no one reads, or listens, or considers. For one's own efforts are doomed to failure. This is not the first time I have said that.

We are not Jesus? We cannot put ourselves on HIS level? We can only 'become like' God's Son???

Luk 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

Let's read that again: "We cannot 'put' ourselves on HIS level. No, we cannot. But HE does. What it means when it says "he shall be as his master," is that as Jesus is, so are we, but BY Jesus, not by trying. But we don't benefit without going through the "Eye of the needle." We cannot until we 'humble ourselves to it.' To humble ourselves is to submit to HIS will. To submit to HIS will is to submit to HIS control. Or are ye still stubbornly evil?

Mat 10:25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

Comprende?

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Jesus thought it not robbery to be equal with God. And HE purchased this blessing with HIS blood for us to enjoy, remembering that as our big brother, HE is our example. This takes us back to:

Luk 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

In taking on the form of a servant, HE submitted Himself to God's control. Jesus, our example! That is what 'servant' means!

bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN...Please pardon the intrusion from anybody, when you asked a question.

It seemed important that the basics should be concluded before trying to read between the lines to figure who told who what in the trinity.

Actually, it is very clear what the basic trinity government status is but if one has decided that Jesus is here controlling a robot like human with the Spirit somewhere around and they do not always agree or know where the other stands I suggest that there is a need to get back to the basics. But what do I know ?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I do believe that we should choose to serve God having the same heart as Jesus did when He walked the Earth. We are Sons and Daughters through Jesus' shed blood and not robots.

John 8
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Found in Him wrote in another Topic
quote:
We all examine ourselves before the Lord like the scripture tells us to do. Keep this in mind: The closer we get to a Holy God, the more flaws we will see in ourselves.
Yes, that is true. And the flipside of that is that the more flaws we see in ourselves, the more likely we are to let God Jesus guide our steps, instead of us guiding our own steps.

He speaks from heaven to the Holy Spirit in me, and the Holy Spirit counsels my spirit on what Jesus has counseled, and then I can implement it or not.

But the more I come to love and trust His counsel, the more I will let Jesus guide my steps; because He is much smarter than me, I would be stupid if I did not let HIM guide my steps.

Likewise the Father counseled Jesus what to do while Jesus was on earth in Israel, and then Jesus chose to implement the counsel of His Father.

And surely Jesus had to CHOOSE to implement the counsel of His Father, because else Jesus could not be said to "have remained sinless". Only a person who has a CHOICE becomes either "sinless" or "remains sinless".

So it seems to me that Jesus had to CHOOSE whether to constantly implement the counsel of His Father.

I don't think that the Father "took over Jesus's spirit and Jesus's soul and Jesus's body", even if Jesus were willing. In order for Jesus to "remain sinless to the end", Jesus must have had to CHOOSE each time whether to implement His own best ideas as the Son of man or the second Adam, or whether to implement what the Father had shown Him.

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote
quote:
I respectfully fail to see the purpose of all the dandy ways to visualize the terms and conditions of the relationship and works within the trinity.
So please allow us whoever DOES find it dandy to explore what the relationship is between Jesus in heaven and the Holy Spirit in us and how these Two function in a believer and what, if any, the believer's role is in this. Thank you.

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

I respectfully fail to see the purpose of all the dandy ways to visualize the terms and conditions of the relationship and works within the trinity. There are just certain things that are left to our imaginations and that is one of them.

What possible difference does it make even if we knew who worked and who gave the orders and who spoke to who within? It seems to me that we need to get back to basics.

There is one part here that does however need an explanation. The Son is at the right hand of God, the Spirit is the one sent to help us. Being saved, the body does not go numb, and the brain dead, letting the Spirit take over all actions mentally physically and spiritually.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Michael,

Jesus is the Teacher- we are the students
Jesus is the Shepherd- we are the sheep
Jesus is Lord- we are His friends and servants
Jesus is the Savior- we are those being saved

We are not Jesus. We cannot put ourselves on His level. We can only become more “like” God's Son.

He is the only one who was given the Spirit without measure. He was perfect.

He was highly exalted by The Father because He humbled Himself and loved until His last breath.

We need to know our place and humble ourselves under Him. If you are striving for perfection (I say this in love) You must walk as Jesus did-- In COMPLETE Humility and in PERFECT love.

Can you do that?

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
Now, it seems to me that the Father showed what Jesus should do next, and then Jesus implemented what the Father had shown Jesus. But Jesus DID always have the option, should He choose to do so, to NOT implement what the Father showed Him, right?

So what I'd like to know is, just as Jesus heard from the Father, we Christians now hear from Jesus via the Holy Spirit in us. So Jesus shows me what I should do next, and then I either implement His idea, or not.

My question to you, Michael Harrison, is: when I trust that Christ in me will live His life in me and guide my steps, does a person reach a point where Jesus also operates EVERYTHING, meaning the spirit, the soul and the body, or do I still have something to do, such as CHOOSE to do what Jesus showed me or not?

Precious eden:
Jesus 'heard' from the Father. But if you look deeper into scripture, the "Father 'doeth' the works." Jesus did not 'do the works'. HE did not imitate the Father. He 'allowed' the Father's will to be performed. Jesus 'positioned' Himself, and the Father worked. Really, that is a loaded question. I do not hesitate: If you 'let' Jesus operate everything, it is a matter of faith. It is it is a choice! It is submission. Will ye submit? Or is Jesus a hostile threat?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Okay, I will stop being a big baby now.

If there is an autopilot, I have not found it yet. The bible says that we are to walk in love, in the Spirit and that love is to be the main theme of all that we say and do.

The Holy Spirit is given as a helper, a guide, comfort, a teacher, an orchestrator of God's will in our lives but most importantly... He is given for us to be a witness for Jesus.

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you".

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything that I have told you".

We must seek to know God's will and do it. We are laborers in God's field. Seeking, listening, walking in obedience and faith is our labor of love.

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Eden wrote... No, your answer in this case does not fit the Topic. You only get a [wiggle7] for effort.

I liked my answer! [Frown]

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John.10

[1] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden,
I can only speak for myself and what I think. I believe that there is a balance that always leaves room for us to respond in faith. Do you remember that dream that I told you about that I had that one time, with the two women in long white robes who guided me to this bench, and as I looked straight ahead I saw a door. To me, that is exactly how the Holy Spirit works......it guides us to a certain point to where we have to make a choice that can be very scary to us, and at times very much out of our comfort zone. Now when you have two individuals with slightly different viewpoints on this it could be because one of them believes that to view something the other way would mean that they would have to give themselves credit for something and not Jesus.........but that is not the way I look at it......I still give Jesus credit for everything, but I realize that the Holy Spirit leaves us with choices for a reason.........we grow and mature in our faith through them.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Michael Harrison (or anyone), I have a question for you. Let's say that a Christian person "gets out of the way" and "ceases from his own works", and this Christian person "trusts that Jesus will live HIS life in me instead" because the Bible promises it.

My question to you, Michael Harrison, is: when I trust that Christ in me will live His life in me and guide my steps, does a person reach a point where Jesus also operates EVERYTHING, meaning the spirit, the soul and the body, or do I still have something to do, such as CHOOSE to do what Jesus showed me or not?

Or do I end up SO TRUSTING that whatever Jesus says I should do nex that I NEVER AGAIN bother to substitute my own ideas for His anymore and therefore I give Him permission to also "just go ahead and use my soul also", or do I always remain involved with the soul execution of what Jesus proposed to do next?

Thanks for taking the time to answer this for me.

love, Eden

While a Christain my at times lean to their right hand or there left, or to their own understanding, one thing is certain, that there should be a change, a transformation being present in the believer's life.

Romans 13:14) But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof

The fact is that though we be dominated by the Spirit in our walk with Christ, we are still in earth vessels a.k.a. the flesh. To put Christ on means that He is manifesting or puting His character upon us grace by grace. Under the Spirit's direction we walk in that narrow path with Joy, meaning that is not a grevious thing or a burdensome thing because Christ upholds us.

The Spirit leads us in all truth and we are still accountable on our part to seek the Lord in prayer to guide us. While we make mistakes at times, our lives should be in step with Christ meaning we seek him

Psalm 37:23) The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

So the question is how much will we CHOOSE to seek the Lord for counsel and advice, guidence and strength.

Proverbs 3:5) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

The only way we are going to be able to think more Christ like is to pray and communicate with the Lord and seek Him and His truth in His word.

As I said before the question is how much will we CHOOSE to seek the Lord for counsel and advice, guidence and strength.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Found in Him wrote
quote:
I think the idea is a heart motivated by love for God and others. Did I win anything for that answer? [hyper]
No, your answer in this case does not fit the Topic. You only get a [wiggle7] for effort.
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

um, I will be a (anybody)

I think the idea is a heart motivated by love for God and others.

Did I win anything for that answer? [hyper]

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Michael Harrison (or anyone), I have a question for you. Let's say that a Christian person "gets out of the way" and "ceases from his own works", and this Christian person "trusts that Jesus will live HIS life in me instead" because the Bible promises it.

When Jesus was in Israel, the Bible seems to say that Jesus only DID what He saw the Father do:

John 5:19
Then Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, The Son can do nothing of himself but what he sees the Father do: for what things soever He {the Father) does, these also does the Son likewise.

John 8:28
Then said Jesus to them, When you have lifted up the Son of man, then shall you know that I am He, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father has taught me, I speak these things.

Now, it seems to me that the Father showed what Jesus should do next, and then Jesus implemented what the Father had shown Jesus. But Jesus DID always have the option, should He choose to do so, to NOT implement what the Father showed Him, right?

So what I'd like to know is, just as Jesus heard from the Father, we Christians now hear from Jesus via the Holy Spirit in us. So Jesus shows me what I should do next, and then I either implement His idea, or not.

Or do I end up SO TRUSTING that whatever Jesus says I should do nex that I NEVER AGAIN bother to substitute my own ideas for His anymore and therefore I give Him permission to also "just go ahead and use my soul also", or do I always remain involved with the soul execution of what Jesus proposed to do next?

Thanks for taking the time to answer this for me.

love, Eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement