Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Jesus at the center

Author Topic: Jesus at the center
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that what I will do is start a New Topic called Witnessing. Hopefully, others will find something of value and/or share with the others.

I will design it to read as if you and I have not discussed this before. However,you will see some issues that are related to your discussion with your friend.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

GLORY BELONGS TO HIM...I wrote a script to Found in Him on 2/20 at 7:28 above, about God being our fixed point of reference and expounded on the subject some. It went over pretty good at a talk given some time ago. Gave what I could remember of it. Have spent a good deal of time puttin it together. FYI. Just thought I would mention it in case you missed it. It's not long but some good tools in it. Me thinks. rivit
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bluefrog wrote....If you would like I can put together sort of a script that I use that would work on this guy. I can do it here or e-mail it to you.

Yes please send me any scriptures or helpful info...that would be great. Either here on the thread or e-mail, which ever you think best.

Also, I would appreciate prayers for this fellow from all who read this. I believe something has to break-- And God is bigger than what this fellow is into!

bluefrog... no worries, I won't let it wear me down. Jesus will keep me injected with joy [Big Grin]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden wrote;
quote:
Jesus has to be the center of everything to us.
Totally agree!
I've learned that when I make Him the center of my life everything else will fall into prospective. It is then that He will work out everything for my good because of the love I have for Him. For in Christ I live, breathe and have my being. I can do nothing without Him, but I can do all things with Him.

NOT only should He be the head of our lives but the whole center. Everything we do and say should revolve around Him that He gets the Glory, honor and praise.

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM...The Lord will provide assistance because I know you are asking for it. Don't let it drag you down or bring on depression. You are doing all you can do unless you can get him to talk to you open mindedly.

I knew a woman not long ago who is a witch and she disclaims God as do athiests and get this...she is married to a chaplain's assistant in the Army who hopes to some day become a pastor. Oh, I forgot, they aren't married, she always speaks of him as her husband and she has had two of his children. Anyway, she swears that the grandfather she dearly loved came to her in a dream and spoke to her. This is a very common claim. According to the bible this happens but not of God, it is of Satan. I don't recall where that is told in the bible but I read it when I heard about it.

If you would like I can put together sort of a script that I use that would work on this guy.
I can do it here or e-mail it to you.

You are offering him everlasting food and he is passing out food for the day.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bluefrog.... Well, at this point he thinks he is doing God's service by letting these "spirits" summon him and falling under their control. Like I said...I am praying that God breaks this off his life. These "spirits" talk to him bluefrog. It's a twisted version of Christianity. He is opening a food pantry so that he can have the opportunity to share his experiences with those in need!!!!! He passes out information on the street about this "religion".

Do I not warn a person like that???? I feel that God would have me to pray for this guy. That's all I know to do at this point. Maybe fasting too???

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM....you did Good !!!

You remember me saying that the first thing I ask someone if I think they need to hear the gospel? "Do you consider yourself to be a good Person ?"

A favorite response from anyone who doesn't like
someone being what they call judgemental is "You are being judgemental and that isn't of God". You handled it perfectly...ie, You told him you weren't judging him but telling him God's will.
You could have then asked him, "Do you consider yourself to be a good person? Most everyone you talk to about the gospel will tell you that they think they are. They will smile some and squirm a little not knowing what exactly you are getting at. Sometimes they will tell you why.
Whether they do or not you tell them why you asked. (all the time, please keep it simple and don't over do it time wise either)

Note: As we know, God does the judging where the rubber meets the road. The bible tells us about judging within the church and how to handle it but discourages judging outside sinners. However, it does encourage us to spread the word, so we build our discussions accordingly. We couldn't save anyone anyway if we tried.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

bluefrog wrote.......
quote:

Is he trying to introduce you to it or do you feel he is not letting you know but hinting that he might be interested in hearing what you have to say? Has the conversation gone there yet ?

I'm sure he would like to introduce it to me but I would rather drink cyanide, thank you very much!

He said he had an out of body experience. He said the "spirits" summoned him and allowed him shamanism privileges. I wrote him back after researching it and said, Do you know that is witch-craft and not of God? He told me that Christ and God use the power of this as healing! I said no they don't and explained how that was not approved or used of by God.
He said that I was judging him and that judging him was not of God. I said well, I am not a judge but God's word clearly says that if you continue to practice those things that entry into the kingdom is a no no. I said Christ is our healer.
He became purdy upset at that point. I poured out everything I felt necessary to speak of The Lord Jesus and His love for him, how He died ect..
Haven't heard back from him...
I am praying that the nasty spirit of deception is broken off of him!

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

Know what....? That scripture can scramble some brains. ....Christ lives within me.
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus has to be at the center of everything for us!

Galatians 2a
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me ...

Jesus does not get more centered than that!

love, Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM...So that's what he is into ? Well, to each his own, so they (whoever they are) say.

Is he trying to introduce you to it or do you feel he is not letting you know but hinting that he might be interested in hearing what you have to say? Has the conversation gone there yet ?

I just love it when I get an opportunity to tell someone about Jesus. I wish it would happen more often.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Bluefrog... I just got an e-mail from him. Follow this link that reveals what he is into! Shamanism. I found this information link on it.

http://www.allaboutspirituality.org/shamanism.htm

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM...Maybe you just did.

All I know of your conversation is what you wrote but you pushed the button that says "Push Here to Alert the Holy Spirit" If you see him again you might ask him if he has figured out what you had discussed last time.

If the look in his eye is Doubtful then push the button that says: "Push here to call in the Spirit to Help Found In Him."

Then start in by saying "Do you consider yourself a good person?

The rest of the story I can tell if you want.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Bluefrog... I had a conversation with someone today that I have no clue how to deal with other than prayer...
This person was raised in a church, was raised and taught the truth, but told me that they "recently reconnected with their creator" I said God right? They said "God, Buddha, Alla, Whoever God is" I talked of Jesus but it seemed to bounce off like water on a ducks back!!

I honestly fear for this person. I am not sure just what they mean by the "inner light" stuff.

How are we to deal with this?????

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM...People are looking within themselves for the answer all the time. Why ?
Well, I suppose that from what they have told me, it is to find answers that please them.

Please allow me to set the stage here. Picture Gods throne in the middle of a large area and the question is asked:

But what is the truth? As I say, it begins with a fixed point of reference, the Word, and is not subject to debate. If not subject to debate, then why debate it? Satan came along and put wheels on it (the fixed point). By doing this, we have fixed points of tension.
Example: Who is going to make the rules? Ann Landers? Will they keep up with the times ? Will it infrindge on other peoples rights? If truth is lacking, can politicians fill the gap?

Some thoughts to ponder...It is wrong to impose your morals on others ! hehe (I think they are contradicting themselves). How about this one...You can't go around saying truth is absolute ! hehe

When talking to someone about Christ who is unaware, you might often hear..I create my own reality. I can't but I would like to say: If we create our own reality then I am your fault. If there is a problem with that, take it up with yourself. (don't try this at home either.)

Jesus is the truth. When the truth is abandoned there is tyranny. The more powerful takes over, no more equal rights, no God, evolution is the answer and no fixed reference. There is no order, just confusion. A Democracy is the worst form of government if no moral point of reference. 1 Peter 3.

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgements, and His ways past finding out!
v34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord?
v35 Or who hath first given to Him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
v36 For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to Whom be glory for ever. Amen

God cannot be packaged, put in a box, redesigned, cannot lie, and is not microwaveable.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Here... Now they are ruffled!
 -

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Bluefrog wrote.....GOD IS OUR FIXED POINT OF REFERENCE ! He is the Great I AM. We do not define God, He does. If you are looking for the truth about God don't look within yourself because you are the one who is confused.

I'm not sure why anyone would look within their self???? We look to Jesus Christ!

God is our fixed point of reference and has placed --Christ-- in the center of it all for us to focus on. Right? Right! We don't have God at ALL without Christ! No access to the Father whatsoever without HIM. We are and have NOTHING without HIM.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus,
The author and perfecter of our faith.

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

Acts 17 24 God that made the world and all thing therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
v25 Neither is worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
v26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation.

GOD IS OUR FIXED POINT OF REFERENCE ! He is the Great I AM. We do not define God, He does. If you are looking for the truth about God don't look within yourself because you are the one who is confused.

Opps, back to ya later.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FoundinHim,

I believe you are right about some Churches losing their focus on Jesus. Some Pastors are more concerned about being PC, some who are more concerned about the world situations then bringing people to the knowledge of the saving Grace of Jesus.

Yes, as Christians we should be concerned about the poor and hungry but far most is making sure people have a chance to get saved. This body we live in is but a vapor compared to an eternity in Heaven or Hell. We need to be concerned both about the soul and the body.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

FOUND IN HIM...Subject: Jesus at the center.

Thanks for sharing that message.

Just briefly, I don't think that the church has lost track of Jesus being the center.

Sometimes in some churches the message may be given differently than another church for many reasons. It could be the personality of the pastor, teacher or even the listner but I think it still offers Jesus as the center and the Head of the Church.

I was invited to one church however, that did not recognize Jesus as all and you should have seen the look on their faces when I came in with a bible.

And, of course, Jesus needs to be the center of everything else too. How sweet it is.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Jesus Christ at the Center
by Phil Ware
Print This Article Send it to a Friend

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 3:14-15)

On the way home from church, Joshua's dad wanted to know what his pre-school son's teacher had taught him in Bible class. His dad's interest wasn't just fatherly concern; Joshua's dad was on staff at the church. Joshua folded his arms across the chest and with a stern look said, "Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! That's all they want to talk about in my class is Jesus!"

The Bible is a rich library of many different kinds of inspired literature — poetry, prophecy, hymn, psalm, oracle, narrative, sermon, letter, parable, proverb, legal. For followers of Christ, however, the one focus that must be at the center is Jesus. While Joshua may have wanted more diversity in his Sunday school curriculum, his teachers had found the heart of the matter: Jesus.

Putting Jesus at the center doesn't mean the rest of Scripture is unimportant, irrelevant, or uninspiring. Instead, the story of Jesus becomes the lens through which the rest of Scripture comes into focus. It is the tuning fork by which the rest of the message is tuned.

The New Testament books in the Bible make this claim in various ways.

Paul's words written to Timothy, his apprentice in ministry, are but one example — see the Scripture quoted at the beginning of this message. Paul also said, "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are 'Yes' in Christ. And so through him the 'Amen' is spoken by us to the glory of God" (2 Corinthians 1:20).

Jesus' call for folks to "follow me" (Matthew 4:19 — and many other times in the Gospels) are another example. But even more directly on target to our point, Jesus' words in the Sermon on the Mount, "You have heard that it was to people long ago ... But I tell you ..." (Matthew 5:21-22 — also see verses 27-28, 31-32, 33-34, 38-39, 43-44 for other examples of this thought pattern) are his own claim to be THE authoritative interpreter of Scripture. Jesus' final words on earth drive home the crucial role his teaching plays in the life of God's followers. These words are known as The Great Commission, and they emphasize the importance of making disciples from people of all cultures, "teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you" (Matthew 28:20).

The rest of the New Testament emphasizes the crucial place of Jesus at the center of everything in the life of his followers if they are to know God and find life. He is the one who has made God known (John 1:18). He is the way to God, the source of truth, and the one who brings life (John 14:6). There is no other name given to human beings that brings them to salvation (Acts 4:12). He is God's great message to his human children (Hebrews 1:1-3), come in human flesh to reveal God to us (John 1:14). Jesus is the goal of our spiritual maturity (Colossians 1:28-29) and the direction the Holy Spirit is at work shaping our lives (2 Corinthians 3:18). Jesus is the goal Jesus' followers are to attain as his Body (Ephesians 3:12-16).

Jesus has to be at the center of everything for us!
So what's the point? Simple. Jesus has to be at the center of everything for us! While there are all sorts of things we can study, Jesus is THE essential. While there are many fascinating tangents to chase in our Bible study, we can't be all tangents: we must have a center and that center must be Jesus.

While the Bible, the Holy Scriptures, is crucial and vital for us, Jesus is the authority, the goal, the truth, the standard, and the measure of our faithfulness. His character and compassion are the tests of our orthodoxy and faithfulness. His ministry must be our goal as his followers. His concern for people — lost, broken, forgotten, last, abandoned, foreign, rich and poor, young and old, powerful and powerless — must be our passion.

As followers of Jesus, let's not let anything or anyone take his place. That's the heart of what "The Jesus Vibe" is all about — learning to put Jesus at the center of everything. So let's make sure that if Joshua were to look at our lives, he would say of us, "Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! That's what they're all about: Jesus!"

Do you feel like we've lost sight of Jesus being the center of everything in our churches today?

Do you believe that Jesus must be the center of how we understand and obey Scripture? Why or why not?

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement