Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Truly not worth considering!

Author Topic: Truly not worth considering!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Bible] Hello! [Bible]
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

[Bible] Paul said, "It is no longer I that live, but Christ." Does Christ sin? No! (Gal 2:17) Well then, does Paul sin?

What?
You cannot possibly make that assertion. You have just read that it is no longer Paul that lives but Christ. And Christ doesn't sin. Therefore Paul doesn't sin since it is no longer he that lives. Otherwise it is no longer Christ that lives, but rather Paul! Here you are looking directly at it, (Mar 8:18) and it is as simple as two plus two, yet you are in denial. Is the problem with God, or with you>? Is the word wrong, or your understanding? But it is ok to be wrong, is it not? Just be wrong and justify it, no? Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

[Bible] ed cornbeef fed, (as I recall, you said it first), you never cease to try to tear down the truth. And you are 'pleased with (and to) yourself' in it! [cool_shades] Let's put two and two together for you. You don't 'get it', and you are supposedly a professor. Therefore, adding the two, you are therefore 'right' in saying 'you get it', because it obviously matches 'your' understanding (but not His), and not the speaker's. And you are (at least to your way of thinking) a professor! I am sorry for you. You mock God. Perhaps if you repent of being a professor.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

You ask for this. And it is no skin off of the speaker's back. Heed the call to repent. For as long as you think you are a teacher, you heap judgment upon yourself.

[Bible] one(somewhere)in christ, (but where?), "His strength is made perfect in weakness. Why would you cling to the notion that HE will 'strengthen' you, against the very scriptures themselves? He does strengthen you, but HE does not strengthen you by strengthening oneinchrist, but Himself in you. (You can gain the understanding.) This is why Paul said, "If I glory, I will glory in mine infirmities." It is why he said that HIS strength is made perfect in weakness. So to be 'weak' is to be strong. Discover that, and you will have discovered 'it'. But you 'will' not! (Get the gist...(to)will not?)

[Bible] bf Lot's of people talk like Christians. They can sound for the world like Christians. In many cases this is because of having "men's person in admiration because of advantage." (Jude 1:16) So sounding so does not equal the reality of being one. For Theologians speak great swelling words from having done extensive study, but many of them are reprobate. What a paradox. After all, Webster is of the world. I don't think Paul would have recognized him as having 'spiritual' understanding. His definitions are solely to relate things to the carnal, or worldly understanding, and not the carnal or worldly understanding to the spiritual.

Moreover, there are plenty of people who are 'righteous' enough to accuse, because they are 'for' God (in their eyes), but.... not by! These are they who would 'stone' God's little ones because they are offended over them, and these who would stone are not secure in the truth as it is, but in their 'supposed' understanding, which in their eyes, God approves of (Self elevation). But he who is a follower in knowledge only, will not understand. For God is Spirit. He (God) is not rewarded by the knowledge of an indivual, but by being known, by an individual. So one pleases himself when he knows about God. But is God pleased?

The most riduculed man alive was Jesus. And what did HE say, that the world will hate you if you are HIS? Shall I not claim that as a qualification? It can be demonstrated even here. And who wanted to kill Him when HE ministered here on earth? It was the people who 'thought' themselves to be 'FOR' God.This should reveal to these what they need to 'do' but it doesn't.

[Bible] eden chided me earlier saying (and revealing his true heart) "well, go out and work miracles," (I am paraphrasing). Well ed ne, in these passages we see how that the devil was tempting Jesus, calling on Him to exercise his will to 'service' His own flesh:

Luk 4:3 And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.
Luk 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Jesus answered that HE was not to abuse God by submitting Him, or causing Him to be submitted to Himself, but rather HIMself was to be submitted to the will of God. Therefore why do you not see the wickness of your own heart in this matter?

Luk 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

And scripture said, "Fear not little flock! It is 'your' Father's good pleasure to 'give' you the Kingdom." And eden, bf and oneinchrist said, "Nay master! We shall 'work' for it!" And wyldb said, raising his hand, "I'll work against it, and claim it still!"

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As Watchman Nee puts it: for every problem of ours, God has ONLY ONE ANSWER: HIS SON JESUS CHRIST. God will LOOK AT HIM instead of at us for our salvation, for our redemption, for our sanctification, and for our glorification. When He "sees the blood of Jesus, He WILL pass over". God will NOT first ask "who is inside the house", but "when He sees the blood, HE WILL PASS OVER".

Do you read a different Watchman Nee than I do? You come to a different conclusion perhaps, than Jesus would have you to. Paul elaborates on this over and over, trying to get the hearer to 'understand' something. And in one passage he says it like this, (Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.) That disagrees with you, and agrees with Watchman Nee! For it says that there is condemnation when one is in the flesh, the whole point being, get out of it. Paul, Peter, James, John, and Jude all stress the same point. For one is in the Spirit, or in the flesh. And in the flesh, don't count on Him passing over, at least in the manner you seem to indicate here. That would send the message that it is ok to be in the flesh. Scripture advises otherwise.
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
Jesus lives through you, or HE is crucified. How is HE crucified?

...by your unbelief
...by lack of knowledge
...by unwillingness
...by letting religion replace His living!

Okay, Michael (can I just call you Michael without having to type Michael Harrison all the time?), if Jesus is CRUCIFIED, that means in English that Jesus is STILL ON THE CROSS.

Fine. You could say that the Christians who TRY to be good are not letting the ASCENDED Jesus to live IN THEM and to live THRU THEM IN THEIR PLACE.

So that basically those Christians are still "keeping Jesus on the cross" without "using the ascended Christ to live IN them and THRU them" (when they say, Okay God Jesus, You're the smart One of us two, since You are in me, why don't YOU DO THE THINKING FOR US! hallelujah.

But when Christians THEMSELVES try to be good because these Christians still think that there MUST BE SOME GOODNESS SOMEWHERE LEFT IN ME WITH WHICH I CAN SERVE GOD, then they try harder and pray harder and resolve to apply even more will power to this, but after a few days, boom, the same thing happens again, somebody did something or said something and it irritated me.

I agree with Watchman Nee when he says, in similar words, that God needs to bring Christians of a full realization of "how sinful they really are" because a lot of Christians walk around thinking that there "still is some goodness in them somewhere with which they can please God", and God needs to bring them to the place where they scream out with Paul, "O wretched man that I am!!! WHO shall deliver me from this body of sin??? And the glorious answer is: "Jesus Christ".

As Watchman Nee puts it: for every problem of ours, God has ONLY ONE ANSWER: HIS SON JESUS CHRIST. God will LOOK AT HIM instead of at us for our salvation, for our redemption, for our sanctification, and for our glorification. When He "sees the blood of Jesus, He WILL pass over". God will NOT first ask "who is inside the house", but "when He sees the blood, HE WILL PASS OVER".

love, Eden
"God is still doing great things"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus lives through you, or HE is crucified. How is HE crucified?

...by your unbelief

...by lack of knowledge

...by unwillingness

...by letting religion replace His living!

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Paul said, "It is no longer I that live, but Christ." Does Christ sin? No! (Gal 2:17) Well then, does Paul sin?

What? You cannot possibly make that assertion. You have just read that it is no longer Paul that lives but Christ. And Christ doesn't sin. Therefore Paul doesn't sin since it is no longer he that lives. Otherwise it is no longer Christ that lives, but rather Paul! Here you are looking directly at it, (Mar 8:18) and it is as simple as two plus two, yet you are in denial. Is the problem with God, or with you>? Is the word wrong, or your understanding? But it is ok to be wrong, is it not? Just be wrong and justify it, no? Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement