Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Strength of Meekness

Author Topic: The Strength of Meekness
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys! well, I have to give it to both of you-- call me prideful, but I would gag @ cleaning or clothing feeties. I am defiantly a person with a problem with others feet. Sorry, it bothers me. ewe

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I worked as a Comfort Aide in the hospital, one of my jobs was putting support hose on men and women before they had surgery. I did not mind the work, but it is hard to put them on someone else.
I actually did have a couple of men who got mad because a woman was putting them on them.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello ladies...Speaking of washing feet, now that is a humbling state of affairs, don't ya know ? As a barber, I had to learn to do pedicures. Yep, I learned to do it to get licensed but when it came to doing it....forget it. The only guys who ever asked for one were old guys with ugly nasty looking feet. Yuk !

Yep, I had to learn all that stuff. Everything they do in a Beauty Shop and nail work. They don't teach you to put up with screaming kids though..you are on your own there. Grrrrr

Back in the days of Jesus when you wore sandals and your feet got real dirty it must have felt good to wash them. I might be able to do that.
Having Jesus wash my feet would be the ultimate.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Betty! Jesus set an excellent example of humility-- It's quite the opposite of pride isn't it?

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen great Preachers fall because of pride. Pride can slip in any of us no matter our station in life. You do not have to be considered great by this world standards to have an issue with pride.
I know someone who is one of the most humble persons I know but she refuses to walk with a cane because of pride. This has caused her to make two trips to the emergency room in the last 4 weeks because of falls. Let us humble ourselves before God so that He does not have to chastise us.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Jesus set the example when He taught His apostles that if they wanted to be great in the kingdom of God they must become servants of all. He gave Himself as an example when he said ...

Matthew 20:28
"Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto,
but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."

Jesus set the example of humility and service for us when He washed His disciples feet.

John 13:14-15

14. "If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15. "For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Jesus said of His own character ...

Matthew 11:29
"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me;
for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement