Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Dare to be real

Author Topic: Dare to be real
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwwwww! Thanks Bro Bluefrog. I missed you too! My daughter and granddaughter are here this weekend. But it's nice to know that I was missed! [Smile]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed you yesterday. [wave3]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden, It's The Lord's day friend. Jesus is good isn't He? I came on here today to be encouraged and to encourage. I'm gonna leave the board today pleased that I came [Wink]

I was joking above over what Bluefrog had originally written.

Happy Sunday Eden!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Topic title: Dare to be real

Found in Him wrote
quote:
Prayers of Repentance are made by Sinners which opens the doors to bible lawyers.

Now if we can just find some witnesses! [thumbsup2]

Now if we can just find some evidence! [thumbsup2]
bluefrog
unregistered

COPPER25...Keeping on the subject of the text a comment was made about a sinner asking God to forgive them of a sin. It had nothing to do with a Repenting Prayer, just a simple word directed to God from an unsaved person.

Well, you might say a prayer to ask God to forgive a sin is a repenting prayer, but not really. You must repent and become a son of God before your prayers are forgiven. So there !

bluefrog
unregistered

Mommie, can I go out and play word lawyer with Johnnie? What case today ? Opening the door to sinners to pray. OK but remember, there is a front door and a back door. Thank You mommie.

If the Lord does not answer prayers of sinners then maybe if you enter one door repenting and asking forgiveness and mercy as you head for the back door you will convert enrout to Christiandum. If not accepted, you can always turn around and come back out a sinner.

Lord, when congress opens with a prayer why do they not pay attention or react to your guidance?
Do you hear them or do you hear a selective few?
Do you feel their prayers are doing your kingdom any good ? I ask this in the name of Jesus. AMEN

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Prayers of Repentance are made by Sinners which opens the doors to bible lawyers. [pound]

Now if we can just find some witnesses! [thumbsup2]

--------------------

bluefrog
unregistered

WELL OF COURSE GOD HEARS PRAYERS OF REPENTANCE.

Prayers of Repentance are made by Sinners which opens the doors to bible lawyers.

JOHN 9:31 is exactly what I was refering to but when I said it back a few scripts I knew someone would come back the way it did. But, keep in mind I didn't say it, I just told about it.

"Now we know that God heareth not sinners: (see there, that's what it says)..but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth His will ( Oh Oh), him He heareth."

John 9:31 Revised (see Eden, I can do it too)
Now we know that God heareth not sinners unless they are repenting and want to be saved and agree to doeth His will, but if any man be a worshipper of God, and do His will, it's a different story and he heareth. (Note: you can try this at home)

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog I think you are referring to this scripture were you not?

John 9:31;
Now we know (have knowledge) that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a "worshipper of God" and doeth His Will, him He heareth.

God does hear a sinner's prayer of repentance.
But there are those impenitent sinners who never ask for repentance, have no remorse or regrets about anything or anybody their hearts (minds) are just hardened. Their prayers are not heard but a sinner who prays and repents with godly repentance God hears and saves.

How do I know! I was once one and He heard and save me!
Just as He heard a lot more of us when we prayed AND repented with godly repentance.

OH YES JESUS SAVES TO THE UPMOST! [clap2]

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

bluefrog wrote
quote:
As far as the unsaved person going to God for forgiveness...why? God isn't listening.
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

On the one hand, you are right, that if the Old Testament people were wicked, God would not hear them:

Psalm 66:18
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.

God's eyes are upon the whole earth and God weighs the hearts of men. At any one time, God knows how sincere a given heart is, and if a man humbles himself, God WILL hear:

Luke 14:11
For whosoever exalts himself shall be abased; and he who humbles himself shall be exalted.

God is always watching and is always listening and hearing and judging, 24/7.

Proverbs 5:21
For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and He ponders all his goings.

Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Can we put this on a personal level?

Let's not forget the relationship aspect of our walk with the Lord. God is our heavenly Father-- that is personal. Does it ever hurt you to think that your sin hurt another, or that it hurt God?

Sin breaks fellowship with The Lord, it grieves Him... Do we want to confess our sins and go on our way-- or is it more important to be connected with His heart? It's His blood that cleanses us-- It cost Him a great deal.

To say or act as if we never sin is sin itself. David would ask The Lord to --search-- him. To search and see if there was any waywardness in his heart. Are we afraid to ask Him to search our hearts? To invite him in for full examination?

--------------------

Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluefrog:
As far as the unsaved person going to God for forgiveness...why ? God isn't listening.

Romans 5:10) "For if, when we were enemies"

O bluefrog, have you forgotten that we were all the enemies of Christ at one point in our lives and yet despite that God was willing to bring us to the truth. If an unsaved person truly desires to believe in and follows after the Lord, and repents, and seeks God with their whole heart, they can be elected and reconciled with God through Christ; If one repents of there wrongful ways and follows after Christ.

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being real can be most hurtful.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

As far as the unsaved person going to God for forgiveness...why ? God isn't listening.

The subject here is "Dare to be real". How many really want to be real ? Who wants to admit what their real is ? Who is judging this real thing whatever it is. Really ?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
Originally posted by Glory belongs to Him:

David was a man after God's own heart for David was a man of repentance. He never blamed anyone or anything for his mistakes he blamed himself alone.

The change starts from within with real godly repentance.

Amen!

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
Originally posted by Eden: The unsaved person doesn't give a hoot that he just sinned, while the saved person says, Yes, God, You are right, that was a sin".

love, Eden

David's heart was grieved at his sin. Psalms 51
God's heart was grieved with Saul's sin. 1 Samuel 15

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Found in Him wrote
quote:
No one can know what's in another's heart but God and He is grieved when we make excuses for our sin or try to justify our actions before Him.
Yes, I think that is the difference between a bornagain saved Christian and an unsaved person.

When I was unsaved, I did not care that I had sinned in the sense that I said to God, "I'm sorry for that, that was sin". But after I became a Christian, I did start to say, "Sorry about that" to God.

In other words, God says that we are all sinners, and all God basically is asking for is that we acknowledge that God is right, in other words, we ALIGN ourselves with GOD'S OPINION OF US.

So now that I'm a Christian, I agree with God, "Yes, I AM a sinner" and now it's "Sorry about that God, what just happened there, that was sin".

To repeat what Found in Him wrote
quote:
No one can know what's in another's heart but God and He is grieved when we make excuses for our sin or try to justify our actions before Him.
I think that's the difference between a saved person and an unsaved person. The unsaved person doesn't give a hoot that he just sinned, while the saved person says, Yes, God, You are right, that was a sin".

love, Eden

Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psalm 51:1-19
David was a man after God's own heart for David was a man of repentance. He never blamed anyone or anything for his mistakes he blamed himself alone.

David didn't ask for a change in his circumstances but cried out Lord change me! He prays for a clean heart and a right spirit. He knew that a "broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart were necessary for the Lord to make a change in him.

David basicly prayed saying;

Lord, I have sinned against you clean me up! Change me so that I can be a blessing to your people.

His attitude was quite different from that expressed by Saul. When Saul sinned he said, I have sinned; yet honour me now, I pray thee, before the elders of my people, and before Israel. (1 Samuel 15:30)

Saul was not interested in a real change in his life through repentance. He was more interested in how he appeared before the people.

Saul wanted his circumstances to change but not he himself. Sometimes a person circumstances can change for the better but the person remains the same; and eventually their circumstances goes back to being the same.

The change starts from within with real godly repentance.

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Look closely at King Saul's heart and actions in 1 Samuel 15 after being confronted with turning from the Lord and not following God's instructions to completely wipe out the Amalekites:

AFTER his conversation with Samuel, AFTER declaring he obeyed God, AFTER declaring that he had fulfilled God's mission, AFTER disagreeing with Samuel, ONLY THEN did he confess, "I have sinned."

Now look at King David' response in 2 Samuel 12 when he was confronted with committing adultery with Bathsheba:

13 Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD."

David in repentance did not condone or excuse his sin.
David in repentance accepted complete responsibility for his sin.
When David realized what he did to God, He was deeply grieved.

God knows the heart-- God knows we all sin and fall short. No one can know what's in anothers heart but God and He is grieved when we make excuses for our sin or try to justify our actions before Him. He requires real, raw openness. A willingness to let Him openly search and discuss with us just what exactly is in our minds and hearts with Him. How can He purify what we refuse lay before Him? How can He get to it unless we invite Him in? He already knows it all. How willing are we to allow Him complete Lordship over our thoughts and heart? After all, what are we pursuing? OR who are we pursuing? Are we men and women after God's own heart?

David's heart was grieved at his sin. Psalms 51
God's heart was grieved with Saul's sin. 1 Samuel 15

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement