Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Wisdom with commandments

Author Topic: Wisdom with commandments
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
giggles! The name WParr was surely a sight for sore eyes when I logged in here today! Hello and warm hugs to the you Walt and the Misses! Good to see you are still fighting the good fight brother, how is NM?
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SOOO very true

What else does Scripture say about wisdom?

quote:
Who among you is wise and understanding?
Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth.
This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic.
For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing.

[B]But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. [B]

And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
(James 3:13-18)

Wisdom from Yahweh is an ACTION - it produces fruit in the recipients life, a behavior according to Yahweh's character.

Sooooooooooooo many christians proclaim and confess wisdom from "God" - but their behavior and actions don't line up with this Scripture.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have we slipped into an age were people do not desire wisdom, where one in a thousand are interested because this world holds every type of false wisdom and only those led by God shall escape it, 1 John 5:5) “Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?” John 3:36) “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” Now the question is what does it mean to believe in him because only they have eternal life, John 3:36) “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life” and all others don’t qualify. So let us examine this

John 14:21) He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

As we can see, keeping his commandments corresponds directly with being loved by God and one showing their love for God. John 14:21) “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me” therefore those that keep not his commandments don’t love him

Who abides in the Vine, John 15:5) “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” 1 John 3:24) “And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.”

Notice how keeping his commandments corresponds directly with one abiding in him therefore those that are Christ, that dwell and abide in him keepeth his commandments. Now while we are not justified by works to establish our relationship God, how important is it to keep his commandments! Revelation 22:12) “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.” Revelation 3:11) “Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.” Now who gets the crown of life, they that keep his commandments. Why, because it is they that love him, James 1:12) “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” Can one love God but not keep his commandments, I think not. John 10:35) “the scripture cannot be broken”.

Think about it, Matthew 24:12) “And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.” and what is love, “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me”. 1 John 3:18) “My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.” Notice how this statement is a demand for action. James 1:12) “blessed is the man that endureth temptation”, isn’t that exactly what we would have to do in this sin filled and wicked world to keep God’s commandments, to honor the sacrifice of our Lord whom we love and obey, Revelation 14:12) “Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.” Now considering the emphasis that is put on the ten commandments, what would think that one would not in any way have to uphold them now. Psalm 119:35) “Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.” Psalm 119:157) “Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies.” That’s faith, keeping the commandments of God even when faced with adversity and this world is full of it just waiting for us to try and lure us away from being obedient to God.

The world is justified or has been offered a window to gain its relationship with God because 1 John 2:2) “And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.” Now many believe, but how many obey and accept Christ Lordship and come to him in submissiveness? The (1 John 2:16) “lust of the flesh“, and the (1 John 2:16) “lust of the eyes”, and the (1 John 2:16) “pride of life” will all keep one from abiding in Christ whether it be because of idolism, which spiritual means touching any uncleanness or immorality, Isaiah 52:11) “Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.” or whether it be the snare of one’s own subjection to unrighteousness, sin, and iniquity, which is why many will hear, Matthew 7:23) “I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement