Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » KNOWING CHRIST

Author Topic: KNOWING CHRIST
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heavenly Father, I thank You that You have chosen to reveal precious insight of Your Son that You have given. You have declared: ALL power, ALL Authority in HEAVEN and IN EARTH has been given to YOUR SON! You are pleased that ALL FULLNESS should dwell IN HIM. YOU have given Him a name that is ABOVE EVERY name. It is to YOUR glory, and You are pleased with this.

Beautiful is Your love for Your Son!

Is it any wonder You descended and declared upon the mount: THIS IS MY SON, WHOM I LOVE, IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED, LISTEN TO HIM!

HE IS LORD OF ALL!!!!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 20 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your missing my point and missing the Script.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Hi, WildB, I don't doubt that Jesus also stood and walked about heaven, but Jesus also sat down at the right hand of God:

Hebrews 10:12
But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God.

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
And when it comes to Jesus Christ sitting on the throne of David and reigning from His throne, it can be said that after Jesus ascended, Jesus sat down on His throne next to His Father YHWY, and that throne is, for now, the throne of David, except that the throne of David is currently in heaven.

That is, from the right side of the Father, Jesus rules His people Israel who are currently the church, which currently consists of believing Israelties and believing Gentiles who have been grafted into Israel.

So right now Jesus Christ is seated on the throne of David in heaven, from where Jesus directed His people Israel.

And just to clarify, the house of Israel and the house of Judah will later join the church Israel and they shall become one Israel of God at that time.

But for now, Jesus took over the throne of David at His ascension and Jesus has BEEN on the throne of David eversince then, so that there Is a king of Judah sitting on the throne of David.

Isaiah 9:7
Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon His kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

And indeed for this same reason could the disciples preach, "The kingdom of God is at hand", as indeed it was, except for now it would be a "kingdom of heaven".

John 18:36
Then Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if My kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from here.

KNOWING CHRIST

love, Eden

Explain this as it matters to your exhortation.

Acts.7

1. [55] But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
2. [56] And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And when it comes to Jesus Christ sitting on the throne of David and reigning from His throne, it can be said that after Jesus ascended, Jesus sat down on His throne next to His Father YHWY, and that throne is, for now, the throne of David, except that the throne of David is currently in heaven.

That is, from the right side of the Father, Jesus rules His people Israel who are currently the church, which currently consists of believing Israelties and believing Gentiles who have been grafted into Israel.

So right now Jesus Christ is seated on the throne of David in heaven, from where Jesus directed His people Israel.

And just to clarify, the house of Israel and the house of Judah will later join the church Israel and they shall become one Israel of God at that time.

But for now, Jesus took over the throne of David at His ascension and Jesus has BEEN on the throne of David eversince then, so that there Is a king of Judah sitting on the throne of David.

Isaiah 9:7
Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon His kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

And indeed for this same reason could the disciples preach, "The kingdom of God is at hand", as indeed it was, except for now it would be a "kingdom of heaven".

John 18:36
Then Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if My kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from here.

KNOWING CHRIST

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen! He Is Lord!

16So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Before, Paul knew man as flesh just like he did Jesus. Now he knows man by his speech and actions according to spiritual things. His new outlook on Jesus is also spirtual.
Eden
unregistered

C.R. Stam wrote, as posted by WildB
quote:
"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: Yes, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now, henceforth, know we Him no more" (2Cor.5:16).

Our blessed Saviour is now to be known as the glorified Son of God, the Great Dispenser of Grace to a lost humanity; the One who in love and mercy "tasted death for every man" (Heb.2:9).

Okay, I can see that after Jesus was glorified, Jesus was "no longer known after the flesh", probably meaning, "as the Son of man", and would now be known as "the Son of God".

But then what did Paul mean when he wrote, in the first part of 2Cor.5:16:
quote:
"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: Yes, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now, henceforth, know we Him no more" (2Cor.5:16).
What does that first part mean in light of the rest of the verse? What? That we now also should no longer be regarded as "sons of men", but as "sons of God"?

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KNOWING CHRIST AS HE SHOULD BE KNOWN

by Cornelius R. Stam

John the Baptist introduced our Lord with the proclamation: "Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand" (Matt.3:2). Throughout His earthly ministry Christ was known as "the Son of David", the king with whom God made a covenant to establish His Kingdom forever.

The Old Testament prophets predicted that Christ would -- and He will -- reign on earth upon the throne of His father David. While His Kingdom was being proclaimed "at hand", He walked and talked and ate with men as "the Son of Man". Wearied with travelling, He sat at Jacob's well and asked for a drink of water. Pressed by the throng, He got into a fishing boat and addressed the multitudes from the sea. Hated by His adversaries, He was tried, scourged, spit upon, and nailed to a tree. This was indeed "Christ manifest in the flesh".

With regard to His humiliation, however, the Apostle Paul says, by divine inspiration: "God also hath highly exalted Him and given Him a name which is above every name" (Phil.2:9).

Again, the Apostle declares that God's mighty power was "wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places, FAR ABOVE ALL..." (Eph.1:20). He is no longer to be known as "the lowly Jesus", but as the exalted "Lord" in heaven. And this has its bearing on us too:

"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: Yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now, henceforth, know we Him no more" (IICor.5:16). Our blessed Saviour is now to be known as the glorified Son of God, the Great Dispenser of Grace to a lost humanity; the One who in love and mercy "tasted death for every man" (Heb.2:9).

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement