Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » What Do You Choose?

Author Topic: What Do You Choose?
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Chronicles 26:5) And he sought God in the days of Zecharaih, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the Lord, God made him prosperous

How can we live our lives pleasing to God if we do not seek him? Can anyone live a successful spiritual grown life less they have God? Can one prosper in his own ways, I think not. For it is written, “verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity” and we are unable to please God lest we lean to him for help. “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” But sadly, many have forgotten to lean to the Rock of Ages and think themselves to be a rock, supporting their own foundation but “Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it” and “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.” Now are we justified by works, nay for as it is written, “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” But can we have a faith without works, nay for as it is written “But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?”. Put it together, we cannot be without works lest our faith be dead and no man would ever be justified by works alone, but this is where we lean to God for expedient help at all times, for by the grace of God can we become fruitful in all good works, prosper and develop spiritually; “If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.”

Now if a man abide in Christ fruit will develop and if not, they wither and die. “take heed lest he also spare not thee.” How important it is to lean to God and to flee from that which will keep one out of fellowship with Christ and from abiding in him! People have turned the standard into a joke by leaning to the right hand or the left but I tell you truly that God has not lowered his standards! Yes we have all sinned for “there is none that doeth good, no, not one.” but certainly “God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” If one WILLFULLY chooses to live in sin, is not one CHOOSING to leave up that wall of perdition between themselves and God, WILLFULLY choosing filth over clean, righteousness not over unrighteousness and therefore choosing defilement over God’s ways which he offer’s to all? When we lean to God prayerfully, clothed in humility, and study his word listening to him, we can be fruitful and thrive spiritually in life, but if we CHOOSE to WILLFULLY stay in unrighteousness, we are only deceiving ourselves in a stake we can’t afford to loose. Any WILLFULL CHOOSING to stay in a life of unrighteousness, namely sin, we would be pushing right along with lukewarmness and that will not prosper as it is written, “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement