Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Luke 23:43 The malfactor's salvation

Author Topic: Luke 23:43 The malfactor's salvation
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDEN..You asked: What did I consider an idiom in my post?

Paradise. Heb. "pardesim"

Paradise in scripture is always a definate place.
In Gen 2 it is described, lost in Gen 3, it's restoration spoken of by the Lord in Luke 23:43, seen in a vision by Paul in 2 Cor 12:2-4, promised here in Rev 2:7, restored Rev 22:1-5 and 14-17.

I might also note: Ecclesaistes 2:5 I made me gardens and orchards (Paradises), and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits;

Keeps one on his toes, so to speak, when speaking of paradise though. What is paradise to you, and do you relate it to that?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog, I know what an idiom is. I was asking you what exactly you considered to be an idiom in your post?

Eden

bluefrog
unregistered

EDEN...Subject:Luke 23:43 The malfactor's salvation.

Eden, you asked:
The 9th century AD or BC ?
Answer: AC

Eden, you asked:
What was the Popes name?
I don't know, my source said "the pope"

Eden, you asked:
What's and idiom?
An idiom is an individual peculiarity of language. A language peculiar to a people or to a district, community, or class; DIALECT
My definition is: something said that is only understood by the ones speaking if familiar with each other which will be the same on Monday two weeks from this Monday. hehe

The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comments later good post.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Isn't it interesting how a little comma can ignite a conversation?

Thanks for your comments, all very interesting.

God created us in His image and we were meant to live forever. There was no hell. Then along came You Know Who. Ole' YKW has come a callin on all of us and some have joined his team.

By joining the YKW team other arrangements had to be made. Man was given a time to live, which is not so long. When we die there is a place for us until the judgement. For the believers there is a place called by either Paradise or Abraham's bosom. That is what is meant by: To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. This is the place told about where Lazarus the begger is now.

Between the good guys and the bad guys there is a "great gulf". Picture it however ya want, it doesn't matter. Where you go has already been chosen by yourself.

The bad guys (spoken by a Christian) go to Hades, but Hades is not hell, it is the rallying point for Satans followers. This is the place where the rich dude is cravin for water.
It is said that Christ went to Hades when He gave up the Spirit on the Cross to suffer as we would, etc. but I don't wish to get into that here and now. One thang at a time, purdy pleze.

Let's not forget the man on the cross next to Jesus. Paradise or Abrahams bosom is the place where he is also. All this stuff is pretty hard for an old farm boy like myself to comprehend so that is why I depend on faith in God's Word.

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the story of Lazarus and the rich man in LK 16:19-31;
in verse 22, Abraham's bosom is the paradise Jesus was refering to while on the cross.

HE did go there that day, and after 3 full days and 3 full nights, led captivity captive at HIS 1st ascension after resurrection, as from Eph. 4:8.

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluefrog wrote
quote:
Then Jesus said: (Luke 23:43
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, "To day shalt thou be with Me in paradise."

Well friends....That is a Boo Boo. I will explain why and how but first, this is how it should read:

And Jesus said unto him, "Verily I say unto thee to day, thou shalt be with Me in paradise."

Explanation: First, we already know that Jesus did not go to paradise that day or even the next. So, what's going on here?

Hi, bluefrog, yes, you are right. Jesus did not go to paradise on the day of His crucifixion.

And Jesus did not go to paradise until the third day when Jesus resurructed, and Mary Magdalene met Jesus outside the tomb and Jesus said to her:

John 20:17
Jesus said to her, Don't touch Me; for I have not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren and say to them, I ascend to My Father, and to Your Father; and to My God, and to Your God.

bluefrog continued
quote:
Explanation: First, we already know that Jesus did not go to paradise that day or even the next. So, what's going on here? ... At the time Greek had no punctuation marks until about the 9th century.
the 9th century A.D. or B.C.? You continued:
quote:
Only then did they use just a dot. When the pope assumed its meaning, which could only be done by human guess, he chose wrong for the above reason...Jesus did not go to paradise that day.
The pope? Which pope assumed that meaning of the New Testament from the Greek manuscripts BEFORE the English were influenced to write, uh, similar words in the King James English Version of 1611? What was da pope's name?

bluefrog continued
quote:
But here is the real deal...It is an idiom
What was an "idiom"?

You continued
quote:
And they are used constantly, but in the scrolls there was no word "hoti" which pin pointed the word purpose and usage.

Nope, the guy still didn't get baptised but you can bet that he went to paradise. This scripture didn't change much but the understanding of the words "this day" and "this day you", which I saw that some of you were concerned with.

Oh.

bluefrog wrote
quote:
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, "To day shalt thou be with Me in paradise."

Well friends....That is a Boo Boo. I will explain why and how but first, this is how it should read:

And Jesus said unto him, "Verily I say unto thee to day, thou shalt be with Me in paradise."

love, Eden
bluefrog
unregistered

This took place on Calvary, the day they crucified Jesus. Words were spoken between Jesus and the two malfactors, one on each side of him. One of them told Jesus that if he was the Christ to save himself. The other said: Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? He also said that they are receiving just rewards for their deeds but this Man (Jesus) hath done nothing amiss. Then he said to Jesus, Lord, remember me when Thou comest into Thy kingdom.

Explanation: First, we already know that Jesus did not go to paradise that day or even the next.
So, what's going on here? At the time Greek had no punctuation marks until about the 9th century.
Only then did they use just a dot. When the pope assumed it's meaning, which could only be done by human guess, he chose wrong for the above reason...Jesus did not go to paradise that day. But, here is the real deal...It is an idium and they are used constantly, but in the scrolls there was no word "hoti" which pin pointed the word purpose and usage.

Nope, the guy still didn't get baptised but you can bet that he went to paradise. This scripture didn't change much but the understanding of the words "this day" and "this day you", which I saw that some of you were concerned with.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement