Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Make room for the Holy Spirit

Author Topic: Make room for the Holy Spirit
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brother oneinchrist wrote
quote:
Good Morning Eden,
My friend in the Lord I have seen you become much of an encourager and that puts a smile on my heart.

Is that "on" your heart similar to "believe on Jesus", as compared to "puts a smile in my heart"? Is there a difference? LOL

love, Eden
"you put a smile on my lips"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning Eden,
My friend in the Lord I have seen you become much of an encourager and that puts a smile on my heart.

I believe with all my heart that the Holy Spirit knows all the ins and outs of our lives and it knows perfectly how to resource each one us for our greatest potential in Kingdom growth........all the more reason for us to walk in obedience and increasingly grow in the hopeful expectation that God will entrust us with even more of Him.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not so much that the Holy Spirit makes ME a new person...it is more that the Holy Spirit is asking ME to GET OUT OF THE WAY so that the Holy Spirit can see what's going on in my daily life, and so that the Holy Spirit can MAKE DECISIONS on what the Holy Spirit sees happening outside of me.

And then the Holy Spirit tells me WHAT I SHOULD DO.

But it is still UP TO ME to decide from moment to moment whether I want to EXECUTE the Holy Spirit's ideas or MY ideas. LOL

Job 29:6
When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil.

Psalm 18:36
You have enlarged my steps under me, that my feet do not slip.

Psalm 119:133
Order my steps in Your word; and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

Psalm 31:3
For You are my rock and my fortress; therefore for Your name's sake lead me and guide me.

Psalm 48:14
For this God is our God forever and ever: He will be our guide even unto death.

Psalm 73:24
You shall guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You shall receive me to glory.

Isaiah 58:11
And the LORD shall guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and make fat your bones: and you shall be like a watered garden and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

Luke 1:79
To give light to them who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

As I said at the top of this Topic:
quote:
It is not so much that the Holy Spirit makes ME a new person...it is more that the Holy Spirit is asking ME TO GET OUT OF THE WAY so that the Holy Spirit can see what's going on outside in my life, and so that the Holy Spirit can MAKE DECISIONS FOR ME on the basis of what the Holy Spirit is seeing happening outside of me.

And then the Holy Spirit tells me WHAT I SHOULD DO.

But then I MUST STILL DECIDE whether to execute the Holy Spirit's recommendations, or whether to execute my own recommendations. May my dumb self have the wisdom to understand to ALWAYS EXECUTE the Holy Spirit's recommendations INSTEAD OF MY OWN IDEAS.]

Lord Jesus and Father YHWH in heaven, help ME to get out of the way so that YOU can see real good.

Hebrews 4:10
For he who has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did cease from his.

Make room for the Holy Spirit, let Him see what is going on outside of our body, instead of US looking at it.

love, Eden
"Father knows best"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement