Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Happy Thanksgiving, everyone

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope that all of you are having a blessed Thanksgiving Day, a national holiday celebrating the outpouring of love of Jesus Christ.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Thanksgiving to you all,
I am thankful that God had decided that He would share His existence with us and that He offers us all the awesome opportunity of being able to share in His glorious presence for eternity.

My friends in the Lord, we need to be sure our hearts are true to God and that we actively live out what we profess. I trust that God will help us all to be fruitful in our walk if we will allow the Words of His Son to come alive in our hearts and if we will allow His spirit to direct our ways.
I do feel much closer to you all as we have grown in fellowship together. I am happy that we can share our different viewpoints without allowing them to divide us.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yse, schythewieldor, I have been missing Carol too, but not saying anything.

Nice piece kindgo! I would however have liked to see it end reinforcing the notion that how blessed we are is completely hidden to those who take this stuff for granted. Because there are those who think all of these things are simply 'granted', and that they are poor if they don't have 'more'. After all though, when our forfathers came over here, they left all they had, including the certainty of what they had, to face possible sickness, starvation, or injury. And on their ship all they had were some clothes, some barrels of flour, and other simple things which were to be their subsistance until they 'built' something else for themselves. This they also did on the basis of faith.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Thankful that...

* The Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God. (Deut. 8:3, II Tim. 3:16, II Peter 1:20-21)
* The King James Version remains the most accurate version of the Masoretic Text and the Textus Receptus.
* One God is revealed in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matt. 28:19, II Cor. 13:14)
* Every person (except Jesus Christ) was or is born a sinner under the judgment of death. (Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:12)
* Salvation is only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ who died for sin. (John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 8:33-34, Romans 5:8-9, I Tim. 2:5, Titus 3:5)
* All those who have repented and have truly trusted Christ for salvation are eternally secure. (Romans 8:1)
* Personal holiness is the fruits of salvation. (Galations 5:22-23)
* The Holy Spirit is active in the world today, as well as in the life of the believer, gifting and equipping the saints for their ministries. (John 14:16, Acts 1:8)
* There is a literal eternal heaven and a literal eternal hell. (John 14:2, Luke 16:19-31, II Cor. 5:1-10)
* The Scriptures are to be dispensationally interpreted.
* All Christians, living or dead, will be glorified and translated to heaven before the Great Tribulation begins. (I Cor. 15:51-53, Col. 3:4, I Thess. 4:13-18, I Thess. 5:1-5)
* God's promises to Israel will be fulfilled in the Millennium (Kingdom Age). (Eze. 36, Isa. 2:1-4, Isa. 11, Isa. 55:12-13)
* Jesus Christ will reign from Jerusalem for one thousand years. (Matt. 24:30, Rev. 20:1-6, Isa. 65:17-25)
* The unsaved will be judged and receive eternal judgment for sins at the Great White Throne of Judgment. (Rev. 20:11-15)
* God is still on the throne. . .and prayer changes things.

AND
* That whoever will can be Born Again!

* The Sinner: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

* The Problem: "Jesus answered. . .Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3

* The Sentence: "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

* The Savior: "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

* The Solution: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9

* The Timing: "Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." II Corinthians 6:2

* Your Acceptance of God's Gift: If you really believe that Jesus Christ took your place in judgment for your sins on the Cross, you can pray the following prayer.

* The Prayer: Lord Jesus Christ, be merciful to me a sinner. I do now receive you as my personal Lord and Savior.

* The Result: If you sincerely prayed the above prayer, you are now born again! John 3:3

* Welcome to God's Family: "Therefore if any man (or woman) be in Christ, he (or she) is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." II Corinthians 5:17

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Believers,
I am thankful for the Lord God's testimony that Jesus was His beloved Son. I am thankful for the Lord God's command to listen to Jesus.
quote:
Mt 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

2Pe 1:16 ¶ For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

I am thankful for the testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ- "It is finished".
quote:
Joh 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Joh 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

I am thankful that the awareness of the deep guilt of sin has been washed away by the Blood of Jesus and replaced by the comforting testimony of the Spirit that I am a child of God.
quote:
Ro 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Ga 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

I am thankful for brothers who will share their interest in the sure Testimony of the Lord which is available in Bibles which are easily obtained.
I am thankful for my KJV, my Rickerberry's, and my Bible software on several computers (so I can always do deep Bible Study).
I am thankful for you guys, Eden, Michael Harris, Yahsway, WildB, and, even, Carol Swensen (whose name I have not seen showing up on the board lately- I hope Carol is OK). It is evidence of abiding in the grace of God when men disagree and, still, maintain dialogs. (Unfortunately, it is hard to see the responses which are more like the villainous monologue of scoffing and mocking as a product of anyone who is abiding in grace.)

I am thankful for hot water.
The clothing of the saints is described as "clean and white". Tribulation is like hot water, and it is necessary for entry into the Kingdom of God.
quote:
Ac 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation <2347> enter into the kingdom of God.

1 Pe 2:19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16 ¶ Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
18 ¶ For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

1Pe 4:1 ¶ Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

1Pe 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men’s matters.
16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

2Ti 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Having lived in tents in state parks weeks and months at a time, I have come to appreciate copious amounts of hot water for my shower- hot water for which I did not have prepare by getting enough quarters. Isn't it ironic that plenty of hot water could be harder to get than plenty of food?

quote:
Ps 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Wretched

Today I awoke in luxurious warmth. So warm in fact that for a second I wondered if I should get out of my bed. The one in which many men of science with years of knowledge had designed so that I would not feel the slightest discomfort. It molds to my back and comforts my every turn.

But alas

I rose and walked the 10 meters to my dressing chambers in which I summoned light to illuminate my path. I demanded the water at a perfect temperature to clean my body. I used beautifully fragranted soaps by the kingdoms soap makers to lather and wash the decay from my skin. I am a prince and the filth from my body inside and out need not remain for one second with me longer than necessary as it is immediately taken outside the city. Lotions and oils of the finest on earth were made available to treat and pamper me. The fragrances of trees and flowers were gathered from all over the earth to delight those in my presence and keep me from even one drop of perspiration.

I used the finest linens of the earth to buffet myself and heated wind to dry my hair.

The food, the food, fresh and all I could desire, all I cared to eat. All tested for satisfaction for my health by those who have been acquired to keep me from disease. The plethora of spices from foreign land so that I can delight in every delicacy of the earth. The salted fat of the freshest milk to flavor my bread and if I desire honey or maple at my call. I do not wait. It is available as I wish.

Now arrayed in the finest of garments in all of history no one has had a finer selection of linens to keep warm. Colors as bright as any animal coat or feather. All of my choosing, my desire. My footwear is a custom fit in the hides from some far away land.

My chariot, my chariot awaits for me at any second ready for my beckon call and I ride. I go to and fro whether I will at the speed of lightening. No kingdom before mine could any boast of such luxury. I set the angle of my seat I decide the temperature whether the day air in my face or completely secluded from the environment around me and I ride wherever I desire. As I summoned the musicians of the earth to play the music that pleases me. I summoned the news bearers to give me most current reports of the kingdom. I asked the wise to give me their opinions on what it all means and they obliging did and when I told them to be gone they were. I call for the jokers to humor me and they do.

At any given moment every bit of knowledge that is knowable to all of mankind is immediately available to me. Through my window of information I know all that I desire to know and no subject is withheld from me.

It would be rare to find the finest and wealthiest of kings who lived better than I. Most were in poverty compared to me. King David's water from the well near the gate of Bethlehem that he so desired was bitter compared to my spring. King Solomon was a mere pauper. I scoff at what he called wealth.

And although there is worry and fret among many very few of the earth's inhabitants throughout time have ever lived one day better than I did this very morning.

Would it not be a shame if the letter written to me by my Father who provided all of this went ignored and His calls for a bit of time went unanswered?

How selfish am I.

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Re 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, especially to all you Christians who are privileged to be saved by the blood of Jesus.
 -

I'm so thankful to have fresh water to drink and lots of food to eat, whenever I wanted it. Thank You Lord for allowing me me to live in the USA. I love turkey breast with chili. [roll on floor]

love, Eden
"have a great day"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement