Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Joan of Arc!

Author Topic: Joan of Arc!
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for Joan of Arc being an interesting study, I have not studied her. But I heard about Joan of Arc when I lived "for a time" "among the Gentiles" in Europe. (Did I say "Gentiles?" Did I mean "Ephraimites"?)

A study of Joan of Arc is also not currently on my schedule.

love, Edenstein the Ephraimite
"been found out"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well thanks for that Edenstein the Ephraimite! Perhaps I misread you. But isn't Joan of Arc an interesting study?
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Harrison wrote
quote:
eden stated in the post "God bless the women," that Kathryn Khulman was apparently out of order for being a finger on God's hand.
By that I meant that she herself knew "the hierarchial order of God", namely, God, Jesus, man, woman, child. What I meant was that she "knew" that she was "out of order" in terms of the men who SHOULD have "taken care of what she now had to take care of", and as such God was using her "out of order", or "despite the order". Dat's wat i meant.

As for Joan of Arc, "ah! la pauvre Joan brûlée!"

love, Edenstein the Ephraimite

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eden stated in the post "God bless the women," that Kathryn Khulman was apparently out of order for being a finger on God's hand, put to the master's use. He evidently was trying to point out a contradiction between the statement that she made about being chosen for God's use simply because so many men were lovers of this world, and the scripture that she proclaimed. She admitted to the anomaly which seemed so obvious in the light of scripture. Yet she was a person of such faith that very few men have ever known. And what matters to God: faith, or legalism?

We will recall that Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for reproving Him of healing on the Sabbath. For they were vehemently willing to 'limit' God, to stiffle His very person, on behalf of their own self-righteous notions of serving. It concerned Jesus. The way that Jesus said it:

• Luk 6:2 And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days?
    Luk 6:3 And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him;
    Luk 6:4 How he went into the house of God, and did take and eat the shewbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat but for the priests alone?

Thusly He justified His actions according to the very written word. And in another place said that God desires mercy, and not sacrifice, which legalism is.

• Luk 6:5 And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

So it is God's will that matters, and not our interpretation.

• Luk 6:6 And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.
    Luk 6:7 And the scribes and Pharisees watched him, whether he would heal on the sabbath day; that they might find an accusation against him.
    Luk 6:8 But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth.
    Luk 6:9 Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?
    Luk 6:10 And looking round about upon them all, he said unto the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he did so: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

The point is that Christians backbite the Holy Spirit in their own self righteousness, forgetting where their righteousness comes from. It comes from the one who is gentle, kind and wise. These should take heed that they are not as the next verse says about the Pharisees.

• Luk 6:11 And they were filled with madness; and communed one with another what they might do to Jesus.

For the sin of self righteousness is one which has a controlling effect. It's aim is to limit, which is what the Pharisees were doing. And in the course of doing so, what was obviously 'good' for someone according to the heart of God was despised in favor of self elevation as (and by) those who supposedly, righteously keep "The Law." Yep! These do it thinking themselves to be keeping 'right' with God.

So in thinking about it, I have asked myself, was Joan of Arc really a Christian? Or was that just a story? I have always taken it for granted that she was a Christian. Yet! She dressed as a man. Not only, she led men in battle against an enemy. I don't recall what else, but she did so in what was evidently 'true' faith. So the question is, was she a Christian if she dressed funny, and acted funny? Was her faith simply misplaced? Did she deserve to die because she disobeyed the 'customs' of the time? Or did she receive great reward in heaven, for being a daughter of faith? Was Joan of Arc really a Christian, or just a good story?

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement