Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Disease and Sickness

Author Topic: Disease and Sickness
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TheBeautyofHoliness777 wrote
quote:
There was another reply on this thread that seem to have been deleted for some reason just before my reply about rightly dividing the word of truth and that all scriptures do not apply to some verses as some may think and they don't.

That reply that was deleted for some reason stated that:

Scythewieldor and I needed to know how to rightly divide the word of truth.

So before you start trying to instigate and pick apart at things get the facts.

Even though that particular reply has been deleted that was directed to Scythewieldor and I, I meant what I said in my reply.

I see. Since I had no way of knowing that the post/reply just before your post was deleted, your response in your post would no doubt have made more sense if I had known that the other post was deleted.

But since I did not know that the previous post had been deleted, your response in your post seemed to imply that posting a series of scriptures "really not necessary" (I paraphrase).

Since we want to get at what the truth is, and not error, I do think it is important to point out what is or may be wrong with something that is being said in any given post. The Bible calls it a "watchman on the wall". [spiny]

Sometimes I bother to praise what has been said, but since time is short and limited, if I agree with what is being said I don't usually comment on it. We do want to get at the truth, don't we?

But besides looking at what people say on this bbs, I also contribute Topics and provide contributory material which "add another wagon on the train of posts", in which I am not pointing out anything of anyone else at all.

But when I find something in someone's post that doesn't seem to jive with the Bible or with something that was said before (or, whatever), then I will probablly bring it up if I notice it.

The Bible calls it "irons sharpens iron". [Kiss]
love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Beauty of Holiness777
Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden I am beginning to see that you are full of antagonism and you love to try to antagonize others.

Nevertheless, I refuse to be a part of your instigations toward myself or others.
If I was talking directly to Scythewieldor I would have put his name on my reply.

There was another reply on this thread that seems to have been deleted for some reason just before my reply about rightly dividing the word of truth and that all scriptures do not apply to some verses as some may think and they don't.

That reply that was deleted for some reason stated that:
Scythewieldor and I needed to know how to rightly divide the word of truth.

So before you start trying to instigate and pick apart at things get the facts.

Even though that particular reply has been deleted that was directed to Scythewieldor and I, I meant what I said in my reply.

quote:
Eden wrote:
Isn't rightly dividing the Word of truth, dividing the Word of God? How can you "not repeat a lot of scriptures" and still say that you are rightly dividing the word of truth? What is rightly dividing the word of truth, but posting scriptures to document and backup what we say including Bloodbought.

Why would you even mention Bloodbought when there is no reply by Bloodbought on this thread? (I perceive you are trying to instigate from a thread Bloodbought started previously)

When one study God's Word deep or diligently one will perceive the greater outline of the truth. I don't knock anyone in posting scriptures regardless of how many. Nevertheless, whether posting them on the board or witnessing to someone publicly, or preaching. When we can say a whole lot of scriptures and they do not apply to the verse or verses that we are speaking of then it's profitless and confusing to the one's we are talking to.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.
I am a "Spiritual Being" living in a physical body.
{Prayer - a force that reaches people and places when we can't}

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

The Beauty of Holiness777 wrote, apparently to scythewieldor's first post above,
quote:
I am not one that repeat a whole lot of scriptures to have to rightly divide the word of truth.

Because I have learned through rightly dividing the Word of truth which is God's Word.That all scriptures do not apply to some verses as some might think.

TBofH777, personally I think that the more scriptures that someone posts to document and back-up their assertions, the better it is.

I know that man can say a lot of things, but when it can be backed up with scriptures, that gives what is said Christian believability.

You say, "I am not one that repeat a whole lot of scriptures to have to rightly divide the word of truth. Because I have learned through rightly dividing the Word of truth which is God's Word. That all scriptures do not apply to some verses as some might think".

Isn't "rightly dividing the Word of truth" dividing the Word of God? How can you "not repeat a lot of scriptures" and still say that you are "rightly dividing the Word of truth"? What is "rightly dividing the Word of truth" but posting scriptures to document and backup what we say, including Bloodbought?

Acts 17:11
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, to see whether those things were so.

When when we see that those things are so, then we post them to show that the Word says that what we say is so, right?

Rightly dividing the Word of truth also involves using and posting what we have learned during our studies.

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Good stuff in your first response post, scythewieldor. Be blessed, Eden
Eden
unregistered

Luke 6:19
And the whole multitude sought to touch Him: for there went virtue out of Him, and healed them all.

Luke 8:46
And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of Me.

The more we hear and listen what the "Spirit says to the church", the more "virtue" will be inside of us, and that "virtue" will act as a deterrent to disease inside of us, and, were we able to get a "lot" of virtue inside of us thru Jesus, some of that virtue inside of us could even heal another person.

I see it as 2 car batteries. One battery is fully charged and the other car battery is on empty and "needs a jump". If the 2 batteries stayed connected long enough, eventually both batteries would have the exact same amount of charge in them.

The strong battery would have weakened and the weak battery would have strengthened, until they both had an "equalized" charge in them, just like the oceans.

Strong's Concordance

Luke 6:19 And 2532 the whole 3956 multitude 3793 sought 2212 to touch 680 him 846: for 3754 there went 1831 virtue 1411 out 3844 of him 846, and 2532 healed 2390 [them] all 3956.

Luke 8:46 And 1161 Jesus 2424 said 2036 , Somebody 5100 hath touched 680 me 3450: for 1063 I 1473 perceive 1097 that virtue 1411 is gone 1831 out of 575 me 1700.

1411. dunamis; force (literally or figuratively); specially, miraculous power (usually by implication, a miracle itself):--ability, abundance, meaning, might(-ily, -y, -y deed), (worker of) miracle(-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.

When we got dunamis in us, then this dunamis protects us from disease and that dunamis in us can also "recharge" other people into healing.

And then there is this:

Acts 3
12 And when Peter saw it, he answered to the people, You men of Israel, why marvel you at this? Or why look you so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?

Strong's Concordance

Acts 1:8 But 235 ye shall receive 2983 power 1411, after that the Holy 40 Spirit 4151 is come 1904 upon 1909 you 5209: and 2532 ye shall be 2071 witnesses 3144 unto me 3427 both 5037 in 1722 Jerusalem 2419, and 2532 in 1722 all 3956 Judaea 2449, and 2532 in Samaria 4540, and 2532 unto 2193 the uttermost part 2078 of the earth 1093.

Acts 3:12 And 1161 when Peter 4074 saw 1492 [it], he answered 611 unto 4314 the people 2992, Ye men 435 of Israel 2475, why 5101 marvel ye 2296 at 1909 this 5129? or 2228 why 5101 look ye so earnestly 816 on us 2254, as though 5613 by our own 2398 power 1411 or 2228 holiness 2150 we had made 4160 this man 846 to walk 4043 ?

So our own "dunamis" 1411 power cannot heal people, but God's "dunamis 1411 power in us CAN heal and protect US and can also heal others.

love, Eden

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing we go through can ever separate the true Believer from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:

35: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36: As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37: Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39: Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2Cor.12

[9] And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. 4 I [fn1] must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."
----------

While we have sickness because of sin in the world, not ever one who is ill is that way because of sin in their own life.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Believers,
Lack of faithfulness to the Lord is a problem which can result in sickness and death for believers.
quote:
1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Eating and drinking unworthily of the bread and the cup which show the Lord's death occurs when we fail to discern the Lord's body. In this epistle, Paul makes it clear that the members of the Christian fellowship are the Lord's body. When we fail to love the other members of the body as we love ourselves, we fail to dicern the body of the One who died for us.
That would be the effect of not letting the words spoken by the Lord Jesus be mixed in our hearts with faith.
Whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
So, sin and disobedience ARE behind sickness and disease.

Advanced Member
Member # 7380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Beauty of Holiness777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not one that repeat a whole lot of scriptures to have to rightly divide the word of truth.

Because I have learned throught rightly dividing the Word of truth which is God's Word. That all scriptures do not apply to some verses as some might think. That is why scripture says;

2 Timothy 2:15;
Study to show thyself approved unto God, (not man). A workman that needs not to ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

It is only by the Holy Spirt working in us do we receive wisdom, knowledge and understanding of God's Word. Scripture tells us to incline our ear with wisdom, apply our heart to understanding seek her as silver, and search for her as hidden treasures. Then will you understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.

Not the wisdom and thoughts of man, for there is a way that seems right to man but the end is death.
For God ways or not our ways and His thoughts higher than our thoughts. (Isaiah 55:9)

This is why when one is born again and have the Spirit of God they seek God for the understanding of His Word this is why they study and study constantly. Not beleiving in the theology of man but in the "Truth, living and unadulter Word of the Living God."

1 Corinthians 2:9-10
But it is written, Eye have not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.

But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit SEARCHETH all things, yea, the deep things of God.

This is why God's Word goes deeper than what man first assumes in his own mind from reading scriptures. The Holy Spirit teaches us through wisdom, knowledge and understanding how to rightly divide the Word of Truth; and through His teaching we rightly divide what scriptures to use and what scriptures not to use when talking, or preaching on His Word.

Now all that said read my post again in it I was only talking about disease and sickness and the cause of it.

I didn't mention Faith in this post but I did say that it is God that do all healings. There are people that God has healed and if it's His Will will continue to ill who at the time of their healings had no salvation. Through some of those healings many beleive and did and will accept Him.

I am a testimony that before I recieved Jesus as my Lord and Savior that He healed me when I was yet a sinner. Now I know beyond a shadow of doubt that it was because of His Grace and Mercy and a praying mother that God gave me a second chance. You see the doctor gave me prescriptions only for my symptoms which did me no good. But God looked beyond my faults and saw what I needed.

Sin and disobedience was the cause, but God had mercy and said NO!

Not saying that when we become saved we will not have sicknesses because that is not scripture.

Faith discerns three types of sickness;

1. Sickness unto death (Psalm 90:10) can be used
as reverence to this.

2. Sickness unto chastisement (Mark 2:8-11,
John 5:14.

3. Sickness to manifest the Work of God and to
give Him glory. (John 11:4, John 9:2-3)
John 11:4 says;
When Jesus heard that, He said,
"This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.

Posts: 192 | From: God's Universe | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Believers,
Jesus loves to heal.
quote:
Lu 4:40 Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them.
But Faith has an effect upon whether or not you get what Jesus wants you to have.
quote:
Mr 6:1 ¶ And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.
2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

Faith was a problem that hindered the twelve apostles/disciples from producing mighty works, as well.
quote:
Mt 14:28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Mt 8:24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.
25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.
26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Mt 17:19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Powerelessness is a problem with faith called doubt.
quote:
Mt 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mt 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Jesus wanted His disciples/apostles to manifest the same power that He did. He, also, knew that they, soon, would.
quote:
Jo 16:16 ¶ A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
17 Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?
18 They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.
19 Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?
20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
23 ¶ And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Shortly, Jesus was crucified and resurrected from the dead. He went to the Father and came back to talk to the apostles plainly.
quote:
Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Lu 24:36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Ac 1:1 ¶ The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6 ¶ When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

It was after this that John wrote this testimony.
quote:
1Jo 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
20 ¶ For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

We see from this that, failing to love in deed and in truth, our heart can condemn us, thus, removing our confidence toward God. However, when we keep the Lord's commandments, we assure our hearts before Him.
However, James offers the same testimony (in a more harshly worded rebuke) for those who did not receive the things for which they made request of God.
quote:
Ja 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

We see, therefore, that powerlessness is not a dispensational problem. It is, either, a problem of a failure to ask or of asking amiss to consume according to our own lusts. Therefore, we must learn the commandments of the Lord, and do them.
I am not talking about that Old Covenant stuff. All of those ordinances were nailed to the cross in the body of our Lord Jesus Christ.
This is what I am talking about.
quote:
Mt 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

2Ti 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

2Pe 3:1 ¶ This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

However, the scripture that makes the strongest connection between the things taught to the gentiles by the apostles, and, being established in the faith, is found in Acts.
quote:
Ac 16:4 And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.
5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

Thus, we have miracles occurring in the gentile churches.
quote:
Ga 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
The commandments of our Lord include some things that are contrary to the minds of mere men.
quote:
Lu 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Some teach Christ out of envy.
quote:
Php 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
Those people, obviously, will be powerless. Thus, they must, either, pretend or make excuses.
Those who pretend must do so among people that are not close enough to see their hypocrisy. Traveling in a circus tent and/or TV work well for them.
Those who make excuses focus on theology and eschatology rather than the commandments of our Lord. In that way, they can shift attention from the way that Jesus told us to live (which would expose their hypcrisy) to other subjects which are more "suitable" for private interpretation. (After all, the plainly worded commandments of Jesus are not very hard to understand.)
Thus, men who caused divisions (heretics) gained footing among us, and the people they license to distribute their branded products can justify themselves before men when they "forbear working".
quote:
Lu 16:14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Faith is not possible for those who receive honor one of another and seek not the honor that comes from God only.
If you want to find a teacher that might produce more good fruit, take this advice from Paul.
quote:
Php 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

2Th 3:7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;
8 Neither did we eat any man’s bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:
9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.
10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

quote:
Joh 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
Look what our Lord Jesus Christ says about "any man."
Big stuff.

Advanced Member
Member # 7380

He said if you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His eyes, if you pay attention to His commands and keep all his decrees. "I will not bring on you any of the diseases brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord who heals you. (Exodus 15:20)

Exodus 23:25 says;
Worship (serve) the Lord your God and His blessings will be on your food and water and He will take sickness from the midst of thee.

When you think on how much sickness there is today, and how even our food and water is now starting to be contaminated it really should be a wake up call. Man keep searching for answers on how to cure certain diseases and just when they think they have it it's really not quaranteed. They can't really totally protect our food and water no more than they can protect their own.

How many of you have been into a doctor's office and looked upon the wall in his office and read his license. It reads "License to Practice" never once has one read "License to Heal" that's because only God can heal. They can give us medicine to sometimes relieve the symptoms but the healing power comes from God alone.

Psalm 91:7-10
Because thou has made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High,thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plaque come nigh thy dwelling.

Seems like all the problems that man is facing today stems from two things sin and disobedience.

What say you!!! [type]

--------------------
In God I'am Complete.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement