Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » This week, I lost a friend.

Author Topic: This week, I lost a friend.
christlovesu2
Community Member
Member # 7207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christlovesu2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for your prayers. It really means a lot to me.

I've been thinking about this whole "heaven" thing a lot, and my friend sent me a link to this website called lifeafterlife.tv.

It's a movie where people who have had experiences where they went to "heaven" and then came back to life, share their stories. Their stories really have made it easier for me to deal with the loss of my friend.

I guess I have a new hope that this "heaven" really does exist.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heaven doesn't wait for us to come to it. It starts by coming to us with a little foretaste! Most, it would seem, would welcome as much of a foretaste as can be had in these surroundings, especially when life is so capable of delivering so much bad news to our doorstep. It isn't that HE isn't willing.

I am sorry about your friend. I had an uncle on my mother's side, who was on the phone with his son when he told him, "I feel funny." The conversation ended there because of a blood clot. Sometimes lately, I feel that way.

And heaven awaits! But for now, he who is within you has something for you, to see you through, and that you might be a comfort to someone, whether now, or at another time. Let HIM however console you now by not doubting.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe there is a Heaven and I am looking forward to seeing Jesus and my family members who have passed away. Trust in Jesus, He will comfort you in your grief.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christlovesu2
Community Member
Member # 7207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christlovesu2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This week, I lost a friend. She left her house the morning of August 20th, headed to work, and never returned home. Sitting at her desk at college, she had a brain aneurism. A beautiful life over in seconds...her family and friends left stunned.

What's life all about? At times, so fragile and fleeting. I'm left with so many questions in the wake of this week.

Have you ever wondered what heaven is going to be like...or if there even is a heaven?

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement