Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN

Author Topic: THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the sheep were in a large field, it may not be boring but for me, I can't imagine just sitting out there all day. I love to be outside, but I like to be busy also. When I think of being in a field with the sheep (actually I love animals so I may have loved the job afterall), I think of sitting out there all day. Remember, David didn't even go home to eat. Food was brought to him. No one to talk to (some of us women love to talk [Wink] [Big Grin] ), not much to do, and staying in the field in all sorts of weather. David did well entertaining himself but I'm not sure I would have after spending day after day and night after night in that field.

I guess you have a point though Eden, to some that would be a great job. Me, I like to be home but then again I have 11 guinea pigs, a dog, turtle and fish to keep my busy. I invest a lot of time into training and caring for my pets so I may have loved the sheep.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carmela wrote: "When David was given the boring job of watching the sheep all day ...".

That was probably not a boring job; I would much prefer to be outside than in an office module, for outside I can admire the trees and rocks and animals and the sky and breathe delicious air. Doesn't sound boring to me at all, Carmela. love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus is God, and to tremble at, to be sure, but here is the example which, Jesus, who is God, gave us to illustrate His precious feeling towards us.

• Joh 13:14 If I then, your [very] Lord and Master, [God even] have [myself] washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

Jesus is not aloof! This passage is our clue. If one is missing the friendship part of the relationship, then they are missing what God in HIS great big heart longs, even yearns to bless His children with. It is worth finding out. Otherwise we slap HIS face in thinking of relationship as "Him havum big stick, watch everything with scorn!" Go back will you, and read John 13:14 very slowly and deliberately.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carmela:
Do you know what I think made David so mighty? When he was given the boring job of watching the sheep all day, he used that time to build a relationship with the Lord. That's when he wrote so many love songs to the Lord that we see throughout the bible. David loved the Lord and showered his love upon Him. I believe that David had an intimate relationship and prayer life with God and that is what made him so mighty and full of faith. Enough faith to know he could bring down a giant with a small stone and a sling shot. [/QB]

[thumbsup2]

We see our Father through Jesus.
We catch a glimpse of His Hand in the blowing of the leaves, the persistant waves of the ocean and the stars of the sky.. But we only come to KNOW Him by looking unto Jesus! [Cool]

Our EVERYTHING!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty you said:
quote:
you totally missed my point. We do not treat Jesus like our human friends. He is worthy our respect and honor. Jesus is God, He is not the man next door.

It kind of makes me sad to think that Jesus/God isn't more than this. He is a personal God. The bible says he's a father to the fatherless and a husband to those without a husband.

A few years ago I got a glimpse of what Jesus meant when He said that we are to become like little children. I use to lay in bed at bedtime with my daughter and we would make up songs together. She would sing a verse, then me, and so on. (Be thankful you didn't have to listen to it, even though it was fun) [Eek!] [Wink] Well, we still do it sometimes and she is now 13. Anyway, sometimes on her own, she would write a song and show it to me. One time she wrote to Jesus and said she wanted to play with Him on the playground and He is fun, stuff like that. She went into detail of how she wanted to play with Jesus. As I read it, it brought tears to my eyes. I could see through a child's eyes of a profound love for the Lord while wanting Jesus to be a part of her simple life. Oh how Jesus must have smiled that day. I wish I could find that paper. Another time she wrote on paper in school that Jesus is like a battery that never stops. It was more profound,yet simple, than that and I had the paper in my desk but she seems to have moved it because it's not there right now.

Jesus/God is intimate and personal with us. Can I back this up in scripture? I think I can by showing David as an example. We know that David is a mighty man and leader, yet he danced in the streets publicly. Do you know what I think made David so mighty? When he was given the boring job of watching the sheep all day, he used that time to build a relationship with the Lord. That's when he wrote so many love songs to the Lord that we see throughout the bible. David loved the Lord and showered his love upon Him. I believe that David had an intimate relationship and prayer life with God and that is what made him so mighty and full of faith. Enough faith to know he could bring down a giant with a small stone and a sling shot.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we receive our glorified bodies, we shall be like Him.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Colossians 1
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

1 Corinthians 15
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Jesus is our friend, our eldest brother, our Lord, and our God. Howbeit, while we are in this body on the earth, Jesus is vastly higher than we are now. But once we are glorified, we too shall be sons and daughters of God, even as Jesus is the Son of God, for we shall be like Him.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Will Heaven Be Like?

-

http://www.exoduspodcasts.com/Audio/audioseries.php?seriesnumber=1

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
Prov.17
[17] A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Heya bro! [wave3]

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
Phl 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Phl 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Ephesians 2:8

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phl 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

God, in His GREAT MERCY gave us a new bloodline! [hyper]

1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Galatians 4:6
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

--------------------

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Isn't an heir a brother? Being an heir didn't only mean to gain the family treasures. It was the brothers/sister that were entitled to the dowry. Now strangers or friends. If I'm an heir to the throne, I'm related to Jesus. We all came from one bloodline in beginning.

Rom 8:17-18
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
(KJV)

Titus 3:6-7
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
(KJV)

Heb 11:9
9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
(KJV)

James 2:5
5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
(KJV)

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
you totally missed my point. We do not treat Jesus like our human friends. He is worthy our respect and honor. Jesus is God, He is not the man next door.

Christ on a White Horse
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He [fn5] had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in [fn6] fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a [fn7] sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

He's my friend, He's my brother, He's my Lord, He's my Joy, He's my King, He's my God.

1 Corinthians 9:22
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

Is that Jesus speaking through Paul?

Romans 11:36
For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Colossians 1:17
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Christ on a White Horse
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He [fn5] had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in [fn6] fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a [fn7] sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Matthew 10:37-38
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

John 15:15
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

John walked and ate with Jesus when Jesus was in human form in body. But look at what John did when he saw Jesus in Heaven.

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Jesus is our friend, but,we need to realize Jesus is God. We can't even image His greatness. I know I am guilty of not always given Jesus the honor and respect to Jesus that He deserves

--------------------

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
Wow your WAY OFF.

Why so condescending?

quote:
Originally posted by WildB:Jesus is our Lord not our brother.
Mark 3:31-35
There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him. And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.
And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren? And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

--------------------

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

WildB I think the salvation part comes easy for us. Most realize that it's the blood of Jesus that set us free. My brother Jesus, shed his blood for me. I am free!!

When God's light first shines into my heart my one cry is for forgiveness, for I realize I have committed sins before him; but when once I have received forgiveness of sins I make a new discovery, namely, the discovery of sin, and I realize not only tht I have committed sins before God but that there is something wrong within. I discover that I have the nature of a sinner. There is an inward inclination to sin, a power within that draws to sin. When that power breaks out I commit sins. I may seek and receive forgiveness, but then I sin once more. So life goes on in a vicious circle of sinning and being forgiven and then sinning again. I appreciate the blessed fact of God's forgiveness, but I want something more than that: I want deliverance. I need forgiveness for what I have done, but I need also deliverance from what I am.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Russell S. Miller

“For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS according to the Scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures” (ICor.15:3,4).

There is, in fact, only one way of salvation in this day and age of grace in which we live today: Christ’s death upon that cross. In the above passage we read that “CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS” and it is upon the basis of this one Sacrifice that God saves souls today. Thus the extreme importance of trusting the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour! His death upon Calvary’s cross is the only means of salvation from sin’s consequences. The Lord Jesus “made peace” for every believer “through the blood of His cross” (Col.1:20). Listen to the Apostle’s declaration to the Ephesians:

“BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS YE WHO SOMETIMES WERE FAR OFF ARE MADE NIGH BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST” (Eph.2:13).

Our communion with God today is based upon the blood of Christ (ICor.10:16; Heb.10:19; Eph.3:12). In Hebrews alone there are twenty-two references to the blood of Christ whether in type or antitype (Heb.2:14; 9:7-25; 10:4,19,29; 11:28; 12:4,24; 13:11,12,20). “…AND WITHOUT [THE] SHEDDING OF BLOOD IS NO REMISSION” (Heb.9:22). Such is our access to God.

“Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which He hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, His flesh” (Heb.10,19,20).

“According to the eternal purpose which He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of Him” (Eph.3:11,12).

The Apostle Paul uses the Greek word, katallagee, rendered “atonement” once (Rom.5:11) and “reconciliation” three times in his epistles (Rom.11:15; IICor.5:18,19), in speaking about the basis of the only way into God’s presence today.

”Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

“By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God” (Rom.5:1,2).

“But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, CHRIST DIED FOR US.

“Much more then, BEING NOW JUSTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

“For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, MUCH MORE, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

“And not only so, but WE ALSO JOY IN GOD through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement” (Rom.5:9-11).

So we have here the blessed truth that “Christ died for our sins”; that we are “justified by His blood”; that we are “saved from wrath” through the death of Christ, and not by our own works. And we are “reconciled to God by the death of His Son” (Rom.5:10). “His life” at the right hand of God is the manifest evidence of His resurrection and His Almighty power to save those that believe. The fact that “He ever liveth to make intercession for us” keeps us for time and eternity (Heb. 7:25; Rom.8:34). So, whether we like it or not, even changing our minds cannot change His mind about our salvation in Christ Jesus.

No, God does not change His mind regarding those who place their faith in His Son. Jesus Christ is the Eternal God and “whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever” (Ecc.3:14; Rom.8:35-39).

It is therefore not a conditional salvation that Christ wrought upon the tree, but a perfect and complete redemption was fully accomplished by the Lord Jesus Christ on Calvary’s cross. If there had been any other way surely “the only wise God” would have known. “…If there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the Law” (Gal.3:21). But there was no other way! None other can save you from Hell and the Lake of Fire. Oh, keep this in memory and don’t ever forget that “CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS” because this is the only way to heaven.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement