Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Humility Never Parades

Author Topic: Humility Never Parades
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
That SAVED a wretch like me...

1 Corinthians 4:7
For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I just can't thank God enough because he uses a wretch like me. The best part though, is that one day I will be perfected and seated near Jesus. Praise God!

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, sister Carmela, you said
quote:
I'm reminded of how God used men in the bible that had flaws, yet they were cherished by the Lord. It isn't about being perfect or beautiful or rich, it's all about GOD!
In spite of our flaws, it is also whom God can use and trust. A man may have some flaws, like Paul persecuting the church and consenting in the death of Stephen, but God still needed Paul because, well frankly, Paul was the best man for the job.

God has to choose among all the flawed people on the earth and among His flawed adopted sons and daughters, to get the job done. And God will choose the man or woman most suited for THAT task, even if it means that God has to ignore all the other junk that person may have going in his or her life. God WILL use whoever has the talents for a particular task, and leave the rest alone.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen!

John 3:30 (NLT)

He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Carol. I enjoyed your posts. I guess being kind of short isn't so bad after all. Of course, I do know that's not what you meant. lol

I'm reminded of how God used men in the bible that had flaws, yet they were cherished by the Lord. It isn't about being perfect or beautiful or rich, it's all about GOD! As we put Him first, we become smaller in ourselves. The bigger God becomes, the smaller we become.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to think that God’s gifts were on shelves one above the other and that the taller we grew in Christian character the more easily we could reach them. I now find that God’s gifts are on shelves one beneath the other and that it is not a question of growing taller but of stooping lower.

F. B. Meyer (1847–1929)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 18:4 (KJV)

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Humility Never Parades

Some years ago I saw what is called a sensitive plant. I happened to breathe on it, and suddenly it drooped its head. I touched it, and it withered away. Humility is as sensitive as that—it cannot safely be brought out on exhibition.

A man who is flattering himself that he is humble and is walking close to the Master is self-deceived . Humility consists not in thinking meanly of ourselves, but in not thinking of ourselves at all. Moses did not realize that his face shone. If humility speaks of itself, it is gone.

(A Treasury of Bible Illustrations)

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement