Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Lest we forget how we SEE what we SEE this side of GLORY

Author Topic: Lest we forget how we SEE what we SEE this side of GLORY
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 19 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it Wild b that said "Follow me"?

stop your sillyness.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With all loliness, meekness and longsuffering, forbearing one another in love,
Eneeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

This sentence is one fully loaded expression to be read very slowly so as not to miss anything. I don't remember even a single solitary word, of any sort, ever, that fits this description, from you weldB. Forbearing in love, keeping the Unity of the Spirit, and in the BOND of peace, no less.... I do seem to remember something about 'hate', and some other stuff. What are you defending? When what one wants to think, is what He wants one to think, there is no 'defensiveness', much less 'attack'. "You will know them by threir fruit???" But never mind. I guess we just have different goals. So be it. Whosoever will follow you, I am not jealous.

But FWIW, sorry about your injury, but thinking about it, does your emoticon necessarily have to wear dark glasses also?

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
quote:
To which I posted what the BIBLE had to say.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the WORD of God.

Then you would understand! If you seek the author of the word, then you will hear, and aviod interpreting it by the pride of life, lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eye, which is where most interpretation of the word stems from. These are 'not' of the Father. These lead one to erronious, self defeating conclusions, causing one to see through tinted lenses! [Cool]
I wear tinted lens because I was badly burned while in service to our country, but the light of God still shines forward.

May I direct you Back to the Bible.

Ephesians 4
[1] I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
[2] With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
[3] Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

[4] There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
[5] One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
[6] One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

[7] But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Then you would understand! If you seek the author of the word, then you will hear, and aviod interpreting it by the pride of life, lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eye, which is where most interpretation of the word stems from. These are 'not' of the Father. These lead one to erronious, self defeating conclusions, causing one to see through the tinted lenses of an impure heart! [Cool]
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, weldb, I seem to remember posting in another post that the word does not give us the revelation. It is when we seek the author of the word, that we get the revelation.

Seek not to offer the sacrifice of Cain!

Now I add...

John.14

[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Well, weldb, I seem to remember posting in another post that the word does not give us the revelation. It is when we seek the author of the word, that we get the revelation.

quote:
Also childish things can still be found in the best of men.

Seek not to offer the sacrifice of Cain!

Best of men? Where does our goodness come from? Scripture simply says that when you became a man, you put away childish things. I argue not with the word, but let the word conform me, rather than to disagree. If I do not match the word, is the word wrong, or me?

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 10 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
2apilgrim:

1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: [in my relationship] but when I became a man, I put away childish things [like bickering, backbiting, nagging, fault finding, criticizing, self-exaultation,].

And please do tell the baseball fans [in your relationship] what it is to be a man.

Also childish things can still be found in the best of men.

Its childish for me to want to hit a baseball with a bat, but a manly thing if the outfielder is my 12 year old son. ect...

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

2apilgrim:

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Nicely said, of couse! Nevertheless, we have this caution in the word, if we take it in context, that we must endeavor to see if we yet see through a glass darkly, rather than to take it for granted (based on the single passage). For, from the same text we read:

1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: [in my relationship] but when I became a man, I put away childish things [like bickering, backbiting, nagging, fault finding, criticizing, self-exaultation,]. And to further amplify the notion:

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the [our first found] doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment [the elements of the beginnings of our faith].
Heb 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.

The point is that when one becomes a man (in Christian/spiritual understanding) then he will see through a glass darkly. This gives us an indication of something to search for, rather than our assuming that we 'already' do see darkly! And that has at every turn, been the message. But many a child will stay in the nursery, and not only, but in the playpin! And if he or she doesn't play well with others, there will they stay.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said.

--------------------
That is all.....

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by apilgrim2:
Let all those of us who are identified in the matchless name of Christ Jesus never forget the it is by the Grace of God through His Holy Spirit that we read, pray, and understand that which we are given to understand of His precious Word. Then, by continued study (2 Tim 2:15, etc.) and by the acknowledgement of that which has been revealed to us do we have greater understanding and discernment imparted to us through that same Spirit.

Therefore, when we speak to another's understanding of Scripture, we do well to remember that on this side of GLORY none of us sees but through a glass darkly. Every posting we read is that of someone whose understanding is a work in progress, as is our own.

Let the Grace of God be upon every one who seeks Him.

In Christ,

apilgrim2 [Cross]

This should be stickied! [clap2]

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
apilgrim2
Advanced Member
Member # 7182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for apilgrim2   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let all those of us who are identified in the matchless name of Christ Jesus never forget the it is by the Grace of God through His Holy Spirit that we read, pray, and understand that which we are given to understand of His precious Word. Then, by continued study (2 Tim 2:15, etc.) and by the acknowledgement of that which has been revealed to us do we have greater understanding and discernment imparted to us through that same Spirit.

Therefore, when we speak to another's understanding of Scripture, we do well to remember that on this side of GLORY none of us sees but through a glass darkly. Every posting we read is that of someone whose understanding is a work in progress, as is our own.

Let the Grace of God be upon every one who seeks Him.

In Christ,

apilgrim2 [Cross]

--------------------
"Relativity applies to physics, NOT ethics." - A. Einstein

Posts: 49 | From: Sacramento California | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement