Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Walk not before men!

Author Topic: Walk not before men!
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zeena:
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
[Cross] Revelation doesn't come from reading the word. It comes from seeking the author.
[Bible]

Not Biblical...

For the Bibles says....

Rom.10

1. [17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Stop your sillyness.

2 Timothy 2:15
Give diligence to present thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, handling aright the word of truth.

Ecclesiastes 10

[20] Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
[Cross] Revelation doesn't come from reading the word. It comes from seeking the author.
[Bible]

Not Biblical...

For the Bibles says....

Rom.10

Stop your sillyness.

2 Timothy 2:15
Give diligence to present thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, handling aright the word of truth.

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[Bible]

Not Biblical...

For the Bibles says....

Rom.10

Stop your sillyness.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I believe that the Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired, and is a perfect treasure of heavenly instruction; that it has God for its author, salvation for its end and truth without any mixture of error for its matter; that it reveals the principles by which God will judge us; and therefore is, and shall remain to the end of the world, the true center of Christian union, and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinion should be tried.

I would change only two words in this paragraph:
"that it reveals the principles by which God xwillx judges us."

Heb 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Sharper than a double sword, piercing even unto dividing asunder [soul from spirit inside the person who believes]

...which is the result of the heart believing the truth, according to who He is, and not according to supposition. Short of that one's soul and spirit are intermingled, and the one is in darkness about some very important matters.

"Take heed that the light that is in thee be not darkness."

And someone, somewhere will think this is a competition. Go figure! For that to be their attitude puts them in automatic error. For whosoever is in it to 'knock' down another should get a crown, right? So, I reiterate the above extract:

I would change only two words in this paragraph:
"that it reveals the principles by which God xwillx [b]judges[b] us."

1Co 10:12 "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."

Remember the eye of the needle.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Bible]

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I try to stay away from quoting the Old Testament. It is too easily used to confuse the hearers. For it is the law of 'doing', which forshadows the law of liberty in Christ Jesus, which is 'having'. "Done!"

Gal 3:11 "But that no man is justified by the law [Doing] in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith [Having].
Gal 3:12 And the law [Doing] is not of faith [Having]: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

James 2:14
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

quote:
For He who has ears to hear: Knowledge of scripture does not translate into the revelation of who He is to us.
How's about the revelation of who He is 'in' us?

John 14:16-18
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever, even the Spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive; for it beholdeth him not, neither knoweth him: ye know him; for he abideth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you desolate: I come unto you.

Also, submission is a fruit of the Spirit, and we are not saved by fruit, but by the Lord, who is in us! [Smile]

Colossians 1:26-28
even the mystery which hath been hid for ages and generations: but now hath it been manifested to his saints, to whom God was pleased to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: whom we proclaim, admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ;

quote:
Knowledge of scripture (rightly dividing) is the 'fruit' of coming to the revelation of who He is to us, in a personal way; not the means, and that not without submission.
How's about the revelation of who He is 'in' us?

John 14:16-18
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever, even the Spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive; for it beholdeth him not, neither knoweth him: ye know him; for he abideth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you desolate: I come unto you.

Also, the fruit is the Lord's, and it's HIS to enjoy!

Song of Solomon 6:2-3
My lover has gone down to his garden, to the beds of spices, to browse in the gardens and to gather lilies.
I am my lover's and my lover is mine; he browses among the lilies.

While yet in the wilderness, Moses took the suggestion of the people without consulting God, in chosing to send out spies. These spies went out to 1)find out if what God said was true about it being a land flowing with milk and honey 2)to report on the battlements, forts and military prowess of the enemy.

This 'spy' mission ending in tragedy! 8/10 spies decided to lay a false report and inform the congregation that the land was both unproductive and heavily fortified, too fruitful [they said the land itself would swallow them whole] and too heavily guarded [they were up against Nephilium, who they percieved as bigger than thier God!

The point of recanting all of this is to remind you of the sordid truth of what happens to our faith when looking at anyone or anything except Jesus! If you see fruit [or lack of] in MY life, then you are looking at the wrong person or place. Look to God, He grants wisdom to all who call upon Him! [Smile]

We are the bearers of His fruit.

John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.

The 'means' of bearing fruit for God is trusting, resting and abiding. There ARE unfruitful Christians, just as there were unfruitful Israelites! God does not disown what He has paid for. [Smile]

quote:
All that one can say is that there is a hiding place in Him to be discovered, and not to be missed.
A place of rest and of hope! [Smile]

quote:
Yet I have posted scripture, uselessly perhaps (ye who have said that I never post scripture), because gainsayers proudly resist, quoting their own scripture to their own satisfaction, rather than His.
The Scripture I quoted was in response you yours, you were quoting of the Judgment of God, and I was quoting the promises, read it again and see! [Smile]

http://www.enduringword.com/commentaries/0413.htm

quote:
2Co 10:18 "For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth."
How Gracious is God to all who call upon Him!? [Big Grin]

Psalm 33:5
He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.

quote:
But the revelation of our relationship can be discovered,[quote]
IMO, it's no longer a revelation if it's discovered, only if it is revealed by God.

1 Corinthians 2:10
But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1 Corinthians 2:6
We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

[quote]but it cannot be said. Sinful men, particularly men who tout their understanding before men to be praised of them, do not get it, and won't get it. Neither do they understand that they don't. But their understanding of scripture commends them to themselves.[/qb]

Oh? Tell me, what would you say to such a one? -->

Job 36:1-4
Elihu also proceeded, and said, Suffer me a little, and I will show thee; For I have yet somewhat to say on God's behalf.
I will fetch my knowledge from afar, And will ascribe righteousness to my Maker. For truly my words are not false: One that is perfect in knowledge is with thee.

Would you accuse him as you have me this day?

1 John 1:3
that which we have seen and heard declare we unto you also, that ye also may have fellowship with us: yea, and our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 1:1-2
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

quote:
God cannot be proven. Counter to that, even though the world disagrees, He cannot be disproven. So also, osas cannot be disproven. But neither can it be proven. Faith is in the eye of the behholder. Walk not before men, but before God.

Now observe as the gainsayers pick this apart. [Eek!]

Listen, it is your choice as to whether or not you will come to agree with the Scripture. Can you find ANY Scripture that says God will abandon those who have placed thier faith in Jesus? For I can find MANY that promise He will not.. [Wink]

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
quote:

For He who has ears to hear: Knowledge of scripture does not translate into the revelation of who He is to us.

Not Biblical...

Psalms.40

[7] Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

The Scriptures.

I believe that the Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired, and is a perfect treasure of heavenly instruction; that it has God for its author, salvation for its end and truth without any mixture of error for its matter; that it reveals the principles by which God will judge us; and therefore is, and shall remain to the end of the world, the true center of Christian union, and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinion should be tried.

(2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:21; 1 Sam. 23:2; Acts 1:16, 3:21; John 10:35; Luke 16:29-31; Psa. 119:11; Rom. 3:1-2; 2 Tim. 3:15; 1 Pet. 1:10-12; Acts 11:14; Rom. 1:16; Mark 16:16; John 5:38-39; Prov. 30:5-6; John 17:17; Rev. 22:18-19; Rom. 3:4, 2:12; John 12:47-48; 1 Cor. 4:3-4; Luke 10:10-16, 12:47-48; Phil. 3:16; Eph. 4:3-6; Phil. 2:1-2; 1 Cor. 1:10; 1 Pet. 4:11; 1 John 4:1; Isa. 8:20; 1 Thess. 5:21; 2 Cor. 8:5; Acts 17:11; 1 John 4:6; Eph. 6:17; Psa. 119:59-60; Phil. 1:9-11)

Stop your sillyness.

AMEN!

Great post WildB! [clap2]
And I LOVE all those juicy Scripture referrances! [Kiss]

Acts 20:26-28
Wherefore I testify unto you this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I shrank not from declaring unto you the whole counsel of God.
Take heed unto yourselves, and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit hath made you bishops, to feed the church of the Lord which he purchased with his own blood.

Revelation 3:18
I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Not Biblical...

Psalms.40

[7] Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

The Scriptures.

(2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:21; 1 Sam. 23:2; Acts 1:16, 3:21; John 10:35; Luke 16:29-31; Psa. 119:11; Rom. 3:1-2; 2 Tim. 3:15; 1 Pet. 1:10-12; Acts 11:14; Rom. 1:16; Mark 16:16; John 5:38-39; Prov. 30:5-6; John 17:17; Rev. 22:18-19; Rom. 3:4, 2:12; John 12:47-48; 1 Cor. 4:3-4; Luke 10:10-16, 12:47-48; Phil. 3:16; Eph. 4:3-6; Phil. 2:1-2; 1 Cor. 1:10; 1 Pet. 4:11; 1 John 4:1; Isa. 8:20; 1 Thess. 5:21; 2 Cor. 8:5; Acts 17:11; 1 John 4:6; Eph. 6:17; Psa. 119:59-60; Phil. 1:9-11)

Stop your sillyness.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I try to stay away from quoting the Old Testament. It is too easily used to confuse the hearers. For it is the law of 'doing', which forshadows the law of liberty in Christ Jesus, which is 'having'. "Done!"

Gal 3:11 "But that no man is justified by the law [Doing] in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith [Having].
Gal 3:12 And the law [Doing] is not of faith [Having]: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

For He who has ears to hear: Knowledge of scripture does not translate into the revelation of who He is to us. Knowledge of scripture (rightly dividing) is the 'fruit' of coming to the revelation of who He is to us, in a personal way; not the means, and that not without submission.

All that one can say is that there is a hiding place in Him to be discovered, and not to be missed. Yet I have posted scripture, uselessly perhaps (ye who have said that I never post scripture), because gainsayers proudly resist, quoting their own scripture to their own satisfaction, rather than His.

2Co 10:18 "For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth."

But the revelation of our relationship can be discovered, but it cannot be said. Sinful men, particularly men who tout their understanding before men to be praised of them, do not get it, and won't get it. Neither do they understand that they don't. But their understanding of scripture commends them to themselves.

God cannot be proven. Counter to that, even though the world disagrees, He cannot be disproven. So also, osas cannot be disproven. But neither can it be proven. Faith is in the eye of the behholder. Walk not before men, but before God.

Now observe as the gainsayers pick this apart. [Eek!]

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Isa 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

Isaiah 30:15-29
This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.
You said, 'No, we will flee on horses.' Therefore you will flee! You said, 'We will ride off on swift horses.' Therefore your pursuers will be swift!
A thousand will flee at the threat of one; at the threat of five you will all flee away, till you are left like a flagstaff on a mountaintop, like a banner on a hill."
Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Then you will defile your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold; you will throw them away like a menstrual cloth and say to them, "Away with you!"

He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows. The oxen and donkeys that work the soil will eat fodder and mash, spread out with fork and shovel. In the day of great slaughter, when the towers fall, streams of water will flow on every high mountain and every lofty hill. The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the LORD binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.

See, the Name of the LORD comes from afar, with burning anger and dense clouds of smoke; his lips are full of wrath, and his tongue is a consuming fire.
His breath is like a rushing torrent, rising up to the neck. He shakes the nations in the sieve of destruction; he places in the jaws of the peoples a bit that leads them astray.

And you will sing as on the night you celebrate a holy festival; your hearts will rejoice as when people go up with flutes to the mountain of the LORD, to the Rock of Israel.

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isa 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement