Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » If that's what you want to believe!

Author Topic: If that's what you want to believe!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it is what you 'want' to believe, you would do well to examine it. I mean, how many times does Christ 'come' the way that we think He will? After all, what we are looking for usually is not necessarily what we should expect to see. So when we think that we 'have' it, we should consider if we do until we 'know'. And knowing comes from Him.

That isn't what happens. What does, is we latch onto what looks and sounds good to us. It is an itchy ear thing. And we go with that. We make our associations with others based on that. Well, wise men still seek Him, but do they do so wisely?

Now, the same is true for our understanding of the truth, concerning the working of God. So that, if it is what you 'want' to believe, there [i]may [/b]be a problem with it! Here is why scriptures boldly says, "Examine yourself to see if you are in the faith." But what do you compare with??? There is an answer.

But, take for example those who act like they have 'found' something, and they cannot contain themselves. Good for them! But if we examine what they believe, is it that they can do no wrong, for His blood covereth them, possibly? They have no concern, for He will never leave them, no matter what they do. It goes on. There are many things, and it isn't like that, per-se.

But these things are so close to actuality that they ring absolutely true to some; and who wouldn't want to believe it? It is the 'easy' way. And His way is easy (Take my yoke). But there is a counterfeit easy, and a 'real easy'. See! Isn't it already confusing. You might have thought the 'real easy' to be the counterfeit. It is not! It is real. But the counterfeit looks like the real thing, and sounds good, but takes for granted what pain and suffering He endured.

All I know is that it comes at a price. Salvation is free, but it costs you yourself. That doesn't make any sense in the flesh, but it is true. And these who say salvation is free, and 'make merchandise of you' (2Peter2:3), causing you to think that it is ok, everything is ok, you are saved and it cannot 'not' be ok; well, these seem to think that they get to 'keep' themselves, and have the 'ok' altogether at the same time. It doesn't work that way. For scripture says that "He that forsaketh not all that he hath, cannot be my disciple." This means to forsake yourself. Essentially! For you cannot 'receive' Him if you do not forsake yourself. Well, maybe in part, but you cannot go all the way. It is a 30, 60, 100% thing. How much of HIM do you want? It is a good steward thing. Some, it seems, only want 10%. That number is not listed in the 30, 60 or 100. So we'll just have to see.

The point is, you are dealing with God. Don't be afraid to lose yourself.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement