Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » OSAS VIDEO (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: OSAS VIDEO
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law.

Romans 3:31 (New Living Translation)

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 20 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
quote:
[8] But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Christ didn't die for us to leave us in sin. He died for us while we were yet sinners that by His life, we could partake of His nature. That is why HE shed blood. And to ba partaker of His divine nature, we cannot 'abide' in sin. It is not possible to abide in sin if we partake of His nature.

If HE only covered our sin, then we for sure could not be a partaker of His divine nature. Our sin wouldn't allow it. It cannot be justified, covered, or hidden. It can be removed. It can be prevented.

He indeed covered Davids sin, but his unborn child would die.

Yet David said he would be within him.

2Sam.12

[23] But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[8] But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Christ didn't die for us to leave us in sin. He died for us while we were yet sinners that by His life, we could partake of His nature. That is why HE shed blood. And to ba partaker of His divine nature, we cannot 'abide' in sin. It is not possible to abide in sin if we partake of His nature.

If HE only covered our sin, then we for sure could not be a partaker of His divine nature. Our sin wouldn't allow it. It cannot be justified, covered, or hidden. It can be removed. It can be prevented.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
Corrected per Zenna.

The word of God Does not Sift us , Satan does, unless you are part of a ungodly Nation.

Agreed.

quote:
Then God will sift us by what He has said, not thru .

IMHO

AMEN!

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corrected per Zenna.

The word of God Does not Sift us , Satan does, unless you are part of a ungodly Nation.

Then God will sift us by what He has said, not thru .

IMHO

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Rom.5

PRAISE GOD!!!

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rom.5

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Past tense] 1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

[Present tense] 1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

[Present tense] 1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: [Sin prevents, or blinds]

[Present tense conditional]1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

[Present tense, results]1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. [Victory!]

[Past tense] 1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. [As long as we walk in the light. As long as we are under the blood. As long as we are under the Cross that the blood may cleanse us, or this immediately becomes present tense, once again]

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
The word of God Does not Sift us , Satan does.

God sifts His enemy;

Isaiah 30:27-28
Behold, the name of Jehovah cometh from far, burning with his anger, and in thick rising smoke: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue is as a devouring fire; and his breath is as an overflowing stream, that reacheth even unto the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of destruction: and a bridle that causeth to err shall be in the jaws of the peoples.

quote:
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
30:27-33 God curbs and restrains from doing mischief. With a word he guides his people into the right way, but with a bridle he turns his enemies upon their own ruin. Here, in threatening the ruin of Sennacherib's army, the prophet points at the final and everlasting destruction of all impenitent sinners. Tophet was a valley near Jerusalem, where fires were continually burning to destroy things that were hurtful and offensive, and there the idolatrous Jews caused their children to pass through the fire to Moloch. This denotes the certainty of the destruction, as an awful emblem of the place of torment in the other world. No oppressor shall escape the Divine wrath. Let sinners then flee to Christ, seeking to be reconciled to Him, that they may be safe and happy, when destruction from the Almighty shall sweep away all the workers of iniquity.

Isaiah 54:16
Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the fire of coals, and bringeth forth a weapon for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Romans 9:17-29
For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, For this very purpose did I raise thee up, that I might show in thee my power, and that my name might be published abroad in all the earth. So then he hath mercy on whom he will, and whom he will be hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he still find fault? For who withstandeth his will?
Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why didst thou make me thus? Or hath not the potter a right over the clay, from the same lump to make one part a vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?
What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering vessels of wrath fitted unto destruction: and that he might make known the riches of his glory upon vessels of mercy, which he afore prepared unto glory, even us, whom he also called, not from the Jews only, but also from the Gentiles?
As he saith also in Hosea, I will call that my people, which was not my people; And her beloved, that was not beloved. And it shall be, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, There shall they be called sons of the living God. And Isaiah crieth concerning Israel, If the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, it is the remnant that shall be saved: for the Lord will execute his word upon the earth, finishing it and cutting it short.
And, as Isaiah hath said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, We had become as Sodom, and had been made like unto Gomorrah.

Isaiah 26:21
For behold, the LORD is about to come out from His place To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity; And the earth will reveal her bloodshed And will no longer cover her slain.

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison
Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

The reason that HE can 'imputeth' not iniquity is because he is able to completely remove it! Therefore there is nothing to impute.

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

It is not that we CAN no longer sin, but that we NEED no longer sin, for we are no longer sinners but Saints [Smile]
The word of God does not teach "sinless perfection," but rather victory over sin in our bodies by abiding in Christ. [Smile]

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you that ye may not sin. And if any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

SIN is not dead, but on the authority of God's word, by faith in your union with Christ in His death and resurrection, YOU are dead to sin!

For ye died, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall be manifested, then shall ye also with him be manifested in glory.

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you look for a homerun for the glory of your own view, do you not 'walk before men'? But if you look for a homerun for His glory, are ye not better for it?

If the team wants you to take one to cover up for a bad play by a player and you win , do you really win?

Matt.6

[1] Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

If you look for a homerun for the glory of your own view, do you not 'walk before men'? But if you look for a homerun for His glory, are ye not better for it?
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You did play baseball ? Didn't ya?

You do know what a curveball is?

curve ball or curve·ball (kûrv'bôl')
n.

1. Baseball. Any of several pitches that veer to the left when thrown with the right hand and to the right when thrown with the left hand.
2. Slang. Something that is unexpected or designed to trick or deceive: That last question on the exam was a real curve ball.

idiom:

pitch (or throw) (someone) a curve ball Slang.

1. To mislead; deceive.
2. To cause to be surprised, especially unpleasantly so.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

[happyhappy] As long as they are in your favor? We see differently. It is bound to happen here on earth, with someone. But as Paul, I labor to enlighten the believers that they may be exhorted unto the freedom that is within Him, that they be not ashamed, or dismayed. Neither should the clouds hide His face. A big constant hug, no matter the circumstances is what HE is after for you (the believer). But He cannot give it if the hearer will not let Him near. That is what leads to a homerun, and a touchdown.
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
If you cannot trust Him to deliver from iniquity so that there is nothing to impute (filter out), then you are poorer for it. IF you refuse to see, that is between you and Him. If you see me as evil in this, then what filter is over your heart that you should see me this way? If you see through dirty eyes, you will discolor what you see.

Michael you don't stand or fall to me.

I just don't like your delivery. To many curve balls.

We are not here to strike out the baseball fans.

But to pitch scripture so as home run hits can be accomplished.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

If you cannot trust Him to deliver from iniquity so that there is nothing to impute (filter out), then you are poorer for it. IF you refuse to see, that is between you and Him. If you see me as evil in this, then what filter is over your heart that you should see me this way? If you see through dirty eyes, you will discolor what you see. You will not see through His.

What does He see? I am not accountable to you (first) but to Him. If you see through His eyes, with His heart, you will have said something.

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
[2] Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

The reason that HE can 'imputeth' not iniquity is because he is able to completely remove it! Therefore there is nothing to impute. Otherwise 'covered' is the only thing that would be possible. But that is the wrong concept. For that is not what HE does.

Im not trying to be silly here, but reread your last statement in front of a mirror and filter nothing out.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

[2] Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

The reason that HE can 'imputeth' not iniquity is because he is able to completely remove it! Therefore there is nothing to impute. Otherwise 'covered' is the only thing that would be possible. But that is the wrong concept. For that is not what HE does. He delivers from sin. Therefore HE delivers from the need to be 'covered'. Covered was an Old Testament concept. Therefore if one delves into the OT, they do so at the expense of the fulfillment of the law, who Christ is. They nullify the freedom whereby He has made us free. To be 'covered' is not to be free!!! That would translate into being in bondage, but covered while we are.

WildB
Member # 2917

Better yet~

8] I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Yes indeed! That is good.

[9] Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.

8] I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
I know that makes you feel intelligent and informed wb, but that is one scripture. If we used that one verse to make our point, we would pull down a host of other scriptures.

And it may be that the inclination we have towards the word 'covered' in its simplest conveyance, is not what is really being conveyed when he said it this way. He may not be referring to himself in saying this, but to the effect of the actions he took; In other words, the mess he made by sinning.

If one wants to believe he is covered, then he believes that he is hid. Light does not hide. If reveals. But if one hides, that is, if they are covered, they can conceal all sorts of luridness. No! God's word 'changes'. It does not hide. And judgment day will be awful for those who thought that their benefit was in being hidden.

Let us read it in full, shall we.

1] Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

[3] When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
[4] For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
[5] I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

[6] For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
[7] Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
[8] I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
[9] Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
[10] Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
[11] Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I know that makes you feel intelligent and informed wb, but that is one scripture. If we used that one verse to make our point, we would pull down a host of other scriptures.

And it may be that the inclination we have towards the word 'covered' in its simplest conveyance, is not what is really being conveyed when he said it this way. He may not be referring to himself in saying this, but to the effect of the actions he took; In other words, the mess he made by sinning.

If one wants to believe he is covered, then he believes that he is hid. Light does not hide. If reveals. But if one hides, that is, if they are covered, they can conceal all sorts of luridness. No! God's word 'changes'. It does not hide. And judgment day will be awful for those who thought that their benefit was in being hidden.

"Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do." (Heb 4:13 )

This doesn't sound like 'hid', or covered.

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Is the use of the term 'filter' the best example? Well, it is one that is intelligible to some people, i.e. easy to grasp. In other words, some people get the picture when this illustration is used to demonstrate what takes place if we are yielded to Him. Because if we are not, or where we are not yielded to Him, then there is something manifest 'of us', that mars His image, so that people don't see Jesus in us. They see everyday human dirt, which to them indicates 'no change'. That is no way to represent Him, so the Bible admonishes us to grow into the "stature of the fullness of Christ," which is the understanding of transparency. To be transparent means His getting through because we are not a closed, or dirty window. So if we apply it in reverse to help us see, it also works. A dirty window filters out light! And the word allows us to see dirt on the window. In other words, light shows up dirt. Without light, we would not even know that the window was dirty.

But is the word a filter? A better description may be a 'cap', when we look at it like this. Our heart, as David said, is like a well spring. Yep! Scripture says that from our innermost being will flow rivers of living water. That would be Jesus, by His Spirit. But what happens, for effect is that the flesh is another well spring. And what it does if it is flowing is add impurities to the crystal clear well water. In other words, the flesh, if not 'capped off' will introduce mud into the clear water. And most will not drink of muddy water. I dare anyone to say that they would purchase bottled muddy water off of the shelf of a store. So we see that the word caps off, or filters out the mud flow. And if you are 'dead' then you don't muddy the water. You muddy the water by being alive, to self.

It is soooo common out there, that so many see themselves as 'reflecting' the light. They think of themselves as planets, or like moons, which reflect the light of the sun, as mirrors. But Jesus compared us with plants. So that if the light were like sap, it would not be reflecting. It would be coming through the person. He did not compare us with planets.

But in the case of planets, i.e. mirrors, the filter notion might still work. For a muddy mirror will not reflect much light. And a filter agent is to water what a cleansing agent would be to a solid object, like a mirror. It is like the window illustration. The light shows up dirt, which essentially is to say that it reveals where our faith is impure! For if our faith is impure, it blocks the light of His love and majesty.

But for one to think of one's self as a mirror, he would have to take credit as though his 'doing' reflected our Lord. That would be works instead of faith. That would effectively eliminate Him from being in their person, making Him to be outside them; and therefore they would think of themselves as 'imitating' , or 'reflecting' Him (which you will hear taught from pulpits). It is a mirror thing. But no one can 'imitate' Him. They would only be faking it by their own effort. The word filters this out however, to those looking to see, in the light of the word, whether one, (the one's self particularly) is really His, or shining Him forth.

On earth it is impossible for water to be pure unless is distilled. And then even this distillate, if it is exposed to air, starts to absorb gases.

Rosy colored glasses filters things out to.

The word of God Does not Sift us , Satan does.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
No covers, like a wing of a eagle.

If you filter something its still that something but with less poop.

There is nothing redeemable in us to be filtered.

imho

wb is no big deal! He is just crowding. But he believes what He does. May he someday see the light.

"No! Covers," you said. To cover would be to hide. Which would be better, to cover poop, or to filter it out? Which would still stink after acton was taken to deal with it, the covered, or the filtered? If your sin is cast from the east to the west (Psalms), is that covered, or filtered? Filtered means that the offending element, or compound is removed!

When you put on Jesus, you do so from the innermost of your heart outward. To get the real picture, it is more of Jesus putting you on, because He fills you from the inside. If you don't recognize this, you cover Him up. You hide Him. You deny Him. You override Him. You are like a mudcake covering. He is the one who gets hid.

But if you are broken, as it says:

"Upon whomsoever I fall, they shall be crushed, but whosoever shall fall upon me shall be broken."

If one falls upon Him and is broken, think of it like the mudpack covering is cracked off, revealing the true new man with Jesus (the light) inside!

Psalms.32
[1] Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:

imho

wb is no big deal! He is just crowding. But he believes what He does. May he someday see the light.

"No! Covers," you said. To cover would be to hide. Which would be better, to cover poop, or to filter it out? Which would still stink after acton was taken to deal with it, the covered, or the filtered? If your sin is cast from the east to the west (Psalms), is that covered, or filtered? Filtered means that the offending element, or compound is removed!

When you put on Jesus, you do so from the innermost of your heart outward. To get the real picture, it is more of Jesus putting you on, because He fills you from the inside. If you don't recognize this, you cover Him up. You hide Him. You deny Him. You override Him. You are like a mudcake covering. He is the one who gets hid.

But if you are broken, as it says:

"Upon whomsoever I fall, they shall be crushed, but whosoever shall fall upon me shall be broken."

If one falls upon Him and is broken, think of it like the mudpack covering is cracked off, revealing the true new man with Jesus (the light) inside!

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Is the use of the term 'filter' the best example? Well, it is one that is intelligible to some people, i.e. easy to grasp. In other words, some people get the picture when this illustration is used to demonstrate what takes place if we are yielded to Him. Because if we are not, or where we are not yielded to Him, then there is something manifest 'of us', that mars His image, so that people don't see Jesus in us. They see everyday human dirt, which to them indicates 'no change'. That is no way to represent Him, so the Bible admonishes us to grow into the "stature of the fullness of Christ," which is the understanding of transparency. To be transparent means His getting through because we are not a closed, or dirty window. So if we apply it in reverse to help us see, it also works. A dirty window filters out light! And the word allows us to see dirt on the window. In other words, light shows up dirt. Without light, we would not even know that the window was dirty.

But is the word a filter? A better description may be a 'cap', when we look at it like this. Our heart, as David said, is like a well spring. Yep! Scripture says that from our innermost being will flow rivers of living water. That would be Jesus, by His Spirit. But what happens, for effect is that the flesh is another well spring. And what it does if it is flowing is add impurities to the crystal clear well water. In other words, the flesh, if not 'capped off' will introduce mud into the clear water. And most will not drink of muddy water. I dare anyone to say that they would purchase bottled muddy water off of the shelf of a store. So we see that the word caps off, or filters out the mud flow. And if you are 'dead' then you don't muddy the water. You muddy the water by being alive, to self.

It is soooo common out there, that so many see themselves as 'reflecting' the light. They think of themselves as planets, or like moons, which reflect the light of the sun, as mirrors. But Jesus compared us with plants. So that if the light were like sap, it would not be reflecting. It would be coming through the person. He did not compare us with planets.

But in the case of planets, i.e. mirrors, the filter notion might still work. For a muddy mirror will not reflect much light. And a filter agent is to water what a cleansing agent would be to a solid object, like a mirror. It is like the window illustration. The light shows up dirt, which essentially is to say that it reveals where our faith is impure! For if our faith is impure, it blocks the light of His love and majesty.

But for one to think of one's self as a mirror, he would have to take credit as though his 'doing' reflected our Lord. That would be works instead of faith. That would effectively eliminate Him from being in their person, making Him to be outside them; and therefore they would think of themselves as 'imitating' , or 'reflecting' Him (which you will hear taught from pulpits). It is a mirror thing. But no one can 'imitate' Him. They would only be faking it by their own effort. The word filters this out however, to those looking to see, in the light of the word, whether one, (the one's self particularly) is really His, or shining Him forth.

WildB
Member # 2917

-

In general, a sieve separates wanted/desired elements from unwanted material using a tool such as a mesh, net or other filtration or distillation methods, but it is also used for classification of powders by particle size, or for size measurement as an analytical technique. The word "sift" derives from this term. A strainer is a type of sieve typically associated with separating liquids from solids.

Jesus did not say that my Word wants to sift you out Peter~

Luke.22

[31] And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

No Jesus said LOOK INTO MY WORD.

--------------------
That is all.....

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It is not a mirrow of YOU! But of God.

But it is a reflection of you as weighed out aginst what should be a true image of Grace.

Personal correction then can be made.

For we are made in his image.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

We are not filtered by God but Satan.

Luke.22

[31] And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

It looks to me that you are having a very hard time understands or you are just pointing out that you follow Satan. But I want to believe you just don’t understand.

Filtered means:
A device containing such a material, especially one used to extract impurities from air or water.

But in what we are talking about the bible is what we use as truth because it is God’s word. Anything we want to know as the truth will be compared to the bible, like a filter to see if it is pure.

If we are to run things by Satan to see if it is true we would be in deep dodo so to say as Satan is the father of lies.

So the bible is NOT a mirror of you but of God.
We on the other hand are all sinners a reflection sin.

Romans 3:10
As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;…

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

But it is a reflection of you as weighed out aginst what should be a true image of Grace.

Personal correction then can be made.

For we are made in his image.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

We are not filtered by God but Satan.

Luke.22

--------------------
That is all.....

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
Well David, The Lord will be well pleased.

For me to post against error is Christ and to be banned for doing so is gain.

The Bible is a mirror not a filter.

Jas.1

[25] But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Well once again this is your opinion which I believe to be wrong. God is not one to promote sarcasm as you so often do.

>>> The Bible is a mirror not a filter.

Yes a mirror of God who wrote the bible which is a love letter to us to show use the truth that needs to be applied to our lives.

But if you really want to do as

James 1:25 (KJV)
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

states then apply God's word the bible to your life. Not your opinions.

The verse is stating that one will know God's word and obey it. Then He will be blessed. Yes apply the filter of God's word the truth and be blessed. Obey the bible and not man.

WildB
Member # 2917

Well David, The Lord will be well pleased.

For me to post against error is Christ and to be banned for doing so is gain.

The Bible is a mirror not a filter.

Jas.1

[25] But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

--------------------
That is all.....

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
Then stop confusing her with this support of the filter doctrine from mh that cannot be held to scripture.

WildB,

You have no idea what you are talking about. Stop it with the filter thing. Yes God's word is a filter. It is the truth and is is what we use to see if what others tell us is truth.

You are only trying to cause trouble and I am getting very tire of it. So if you are not understanding what I am saying here is it:

QUIT CAUSING TROUBLE OR YOU WILL BE BANNED

not futher warning are going to be given. And your sarcasm will not be tolerated so don't try it.

David Campbell

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Originally posted by Eden:

And while I'm here, I think it is inappropriate for you to berate almost each email of Michael Harrison. To love him is to leave hime alone and let him be himself, within the camp of the church.

It's okay to keep track of what Christians say and question what is said, but it's not okay before the church to harrass this member's almost every message. Jesus said you had to love Michael Harrison, and vice-versa too. It is not becoming to the church to see your mutual interaction, especially WildB is harassing Michael Harrison.

Be sweet to each other in the church of Christ:

with love, Eden

Well Eden, I shur remember when HM was making fun of you. Was that brotherly love?

and as proving some ones intent on a post that is not harassment, its a must.

A patriot in Christ,

wb

--------------------
That is all.....

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
Originally posted by Zeena:
That's not at all what I was asking about! [pound]

Michael said "Scripture is a filter for the Christian."

And WildB asked him for a Scriptural referrance for that statment, to which he said "No scripture is needed for this concept."

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Philipians 4:8

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)

Yes the bible is the filter for knowing truth. If you don't believe the bible (the entire bible) then you don't know truth. And for those who think they can add to the bible your WRONG.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
Originally posted by Candle of Life:
So, what exactly do you call "intentional sin"?
Please do elaborate.

Intentional Sin
(Deliberately Sinning, Sinning PURPOSELY)

What is Intentional Sin?

Intentional sin is willful disobedience to God. It is rebellion against God.

Sin we pursue knowledgeably and willingly.

Some examples of deliberate sin would be.

• Having sex with someone and not being married to them and continuing to do so.
• Having an affair and continuing to do so.
• Living a gay lifestyle and continuing to do so.
• Lying, cheating, stealing, etc…. and continuing to do so.
• Viewing porn often and on purpose day after day.
• Buying and selling drugs.
• Being a witch or being involved in witchcraft and continuing to do so.
• There are many, many more but I hope these examples help.

We are to repent and turn from the sin. Not just mouth the words and continue in sin.

First of all please read the below verses that come right out of the bible. If you don’t believe the entire bible then reading this will not help you. We are talking about people who claim to be saved (true followers of Jesus Christ)

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law f Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? - Hebrews 10:26-29

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God (Galatians 5:19-21).
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them (Ephesians 5:3-7).

Lest there be any question that these warnings include those who hold themselves out as Christians, Paul begins his warning to the Ephesians with the words, “But among you . . .” Paul specifically addresses them and warns them of the consequences of being immoral or impure or greedy. In this case he not only says they will not inherit the kingdom of God, but also says such people will be the objects of God’s wrath because they are disobedient.

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death” (Revelation 21:8).

The above Scriptures are not referring to those unclean bondages that dwell in our flesh but to the conscious choices believers make. It refers not to our unintentional sins but to those we pursue knowingly and willingly.

A sin can be unintentional when an individual is caught off guard and yields to the temptation to lust or anger, or when the person is not aware of God's commandments.

All unintentional sin has been provided for with the atoning blood of the cross of Calvary. There absolutely is no provision whatever for deliberate, intentional disobedience to God.

The story of the prodigal son reveals to us God’s attitude toward the sinner who returns to his Father’s house. It says nothing about the sinner who returns to his Father’s house and then proceeds to disobey his Father.

Under the Old Covenant, God put to death people who willingly disobeyed His commands or offered "strange fire" (Lev. 10:1-2). There was no atonement for intentional sin - and there still isn't. All of the sin offerings of the Levitical Law were for unintentional sin.

Case in point, Numbers 15:32-35 tells us: While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, and they kept him in custody because it was not clear what should be done to him. Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp".

The man who sinned willingly was not deceived in any way. He was not driven by uncontrollable impulses. He simply decided to ignore what God had said about the Sabbath. His reward was death.
If your life hasn’t changed dramatically, if God isn’t first (above every single person and thing), if you are still deliberately sinning when you know it is wrong, then you are simply fooling yourself if you call yourself a Christian. We will sin accidentally all our lives, but deliberately sinning is quite different. No one fools God and Judgment Day will prove this. Romans 2:13

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
Romans 2:7-11 (New International Version)

To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism.

If you are one of the people that are trying to prove that it is OK to continue in sin, I beg you to come to know Jesus Christ and repent and turn from your sins.

Trying to prove how much sin you can get away with only proved that you have never really come to know Jesus Christ as if you had you would want to please Him.

When do you want to learn this crucial information?

Now is the day of salvation. Don’t listen to the people who have been spreading a fluffy Christianity. It is doing more harm than good; one must speak the truth of the Bible. I am glad I learned the truth and was “open” to learning it before the dreadful day of God judgment. It is tragic that so many are blind to the truths of the bible.

Also read:
Romans 1:21-32

Links on this subject:
http://www.wor.org/Books/d/deliberate_sin.htm
http://www.datehookup.com/Blog-101256.htm

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB, I'm SO with you on this:
quote:
Acid is used to bring the ph down so that a clarification can take place.
Some years ago I read how pouring cider vinegar over the dry hay of cows helped heal their alkaline diseases. Most people eat too much alkaline but they need to add acid, either as red wine or as organice apple cider vinegar. Follow the recipe on the bottle, available at your local healthfood store.

Acid needs to be taken to bring down alkaline. But no acid is needed in God's love. Jesus said that the whole law was now fulliled in 2 commandments: "Love the LORD Your God with all your heart..." and "Love your neighbor as yourself". When Jesus said "love your neighbor as yourself", he did not specfiy at type of neighbor. He meant ALL neighbors. This is the heart of God more than doctrine.

WildB, no acid needs to be taken with God's love and loving one's neighbor, okay? Only for alkaline, not for love.

And while I'm here, I think it is inappropriate for you to berate almost each email of Michael Harrison. To love him is to leave hime alone and let him be himself, within the camp of the church.

It's okay to keep track of what Christians say and question what is said, but it's not okay before the church to harrass this member's almost every message. Jesus said you had to love Michael Harrison, and vice-versa too. It is not becoming to the church to see your mutual interaction, especially WildB is harassing Michael Harrison.

Be sweet to each other in the church of Christ:

Exodus 15
22 So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no water.

23 And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.

24 And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?

25 And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD showed him a tree {Jesus on the cross}, which when he had cast it into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them.

If we realize that our soul mind cannot run this body but Jesus can thru the Holy Spirit, then we will listen diligently to the LORD and our waters which were bitter, will be made sweeter, and even sweet.

In the Bible the "waters" refer to people on the earth, and whent he "tree was thrown in the water of Marah, the water became sweet", which is a picture of the tree of Jesus being thrown among the waters or people of the earth.

Be sweet and kind to each other, especially in the church of Christ, which is God's family camp. No acid in God's church.

Deuteronomy 18
15 The LORD your God will raise up to you a Prophet from the midst of you, of your kinsmen, like me; to him shall you listen.

with love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1Tim.2

[5] For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

--------------------
That is all.....

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

A sieve is a type of 'filter'

Luke 22:31-32
Simon, Simon, behold, Satan asked to have you, that he might sift you as wheat: but I made supplication for thee, that thy faith fail not; and do thou, when once thou hast turned again, establish thy brethren.

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Acid is used to bring the ph down so that a clarification can take place.

Oil is then skimmed off the top and the ph readjusted to neutral.

--------------------
That is all.....

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry!
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

I work in a waste treatment plant.

--------------------
That is all.....

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you never heard of a "water filter" system. I have one on my facet.
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
I said Jesus (The Word) is the filter. Are you liken Him to POOP?

re read what i posted wild B. I did not say WE are the filter, I said He, His word is the filter that washes our MINDs with the water of the Word (Jesus) our filter.

sheesh you people really need to start READING what is posted.

Respectfully I submit that WildB did not say WE are the filter either. He said that even if we go through a filter we are still us. But Christ said we are NEW CREATIONS, not filtered creations.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

I said Jesus (The Word) is the filter. Are you liken Him to POOP?

re read what i posted wild B. I did not say WE are the filter, I said He, His word is the filter that washes our MINDs with the water of the Word (Jesus) our filter.

sheesh you people really need to start READING what is posted.

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Zeena, i am confused. One must be annointed to read a paticular post from your teachers? Or have their own strength? Was this a "personal attack" on me dear sister? Was that not a bit "Prideful" on your behalf?

You see, this is what i have been talking about all along.

People here keep going on the attack of another person. That was not very Christian like on your behalf.

All I said was those post were looong, and could you might shorten them just a bit. It has nothing to do with whether I am "annointed at this time to read them. For I find them only one persons Idea of what scrpture says. How they percive it. I wanted to know from your quotes not theirs.

I can see there is nothing fruitful here about our conversation so I will not post here again on the OSAS thread.

Thanks for sharing Your thoughts. It was an eye-opener. Shalom

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:

WildB-

Your quote is great! It shows my point. Thy Word (Jesus) is the filter. He cleanses us from all unrightousness. Now, what does a filter do? Takes out impurities, right. And when impurities are taken out His light shines forth.

imho

--------------------
That is all.....

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Zeena, Yeshua is Echad! He is ONE. God is One! Agree or disagree?

You cant have One (God, Yeshua, Spirit) without the other.

Zeena, the Scripture IS The Word who IS Jesus? Get it? Its not just words on paper. Jesus IS the Word. He IS the Spirit. He IS God.

Not 3 Gods. ONE GOD.

And its not as you say "washing of the Word is to also be cleansed with scripture but never without the Spirit." The Word is the Spirit. The Word is God. The word Is Jesus.

Its the Church body being washed with the water of the word(Jesus) by His (Jesus) Spirit (Jesus)

WildB-

Your quote is great! It shows my point. Thy Word (Jesus) is the filter. He cleanses us from all unrightousness. Now, what does a filter do? Takes out impurities, right. And when impurities are taken out His light shines forth.

WildB
Member # 2917

Then stop confusing her with this support of the filter doctrine from mh that cannot be held to scripture.

--------------------
That is all.....

Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

quote:
Zeena, thank you for your reply. I just want to hear what the Lord is saying to you, not to the teachers of whom you hold the same belief.

I have teachers for that very reason!

So that I do not spout off error in my haste and so that I as a 'woman' of God am not cuaght teaching mature believers. Aslo, I APPRECIATE the Spirit with which they are written, don't you?

Tell you what, if you find error in any of the doctrine I post as a quote then let's duscuss it together, fair enough?

quote:
[qb]Its okay once in a while, but the post are sooo long that its hard to read thru.

AWW! That's either cuz your not annointed to read it yet, or your reading it in your own strength..

Isaiah 40:31
but they that wait for Jehovah shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.

quote:
I percieve you must be a young person or young in the Lord at this time.
I'm an adult with the exuberance of a 5 year old! [Big Grin] [clap2]

quote:
You bring up a lot of good stuff, but i would like to hear from your heart and not those of whom teach you.
I've not hidden myself behind a wall, but have revealed myself fully here on these boards, and everywhere I go, yet I'm covered by Jesus! [clap2]

quote:
But what i would like most is for all to learn from one another without going on the attack.

I know this is hard at times, but i believe it can be done.

Shalom

Jesus be unto your household too [Smile]

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Zeena, thank you for your reply. I just want to hear what the Lord is saying to you, not to the teachers of whom you hold the same belief.

Its okay once in a while, but the post are sooo long that its hard to read thru.

I percieve you must be a young person or young in the Lord at this time. You bring up a lot of good stuff, but i would like to hear from your heart and not those of whom teach you.

But what i would like most is for all to learn from one another without going on the attack.

I know this is hard at times, but i believe it can be done.

Shalom

WildB
Member # 2917

Pss.119

[105] Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

No filter there?

--------------------
That is all.....

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement