Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » TAKING GOD AT HIS WORD

Author Topic: TAKING GOD AT HIS WORD
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, not me a friend from another board.

I can only hope to be as noble.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB
I am sorry for your loss, Timmy is safe in the arms of Jesus now, and you will see him again, whole and well. God bless you brother for all you do... [hug] Is that you in the picture?
Its very nice to see you, if it is. [Cool]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 20 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't feel like playing with your sillyness this night, because this was made known to me.

On June 13th little Timmy Larson lost his battle with cancer which makes today June 16th a very sad day for us as we went to pay or respects. But one thing i learned from this little boy was Strength to see him live his sort life to its fulest and have so much enegery shows me that we must push onto help these kids and ful fill thier dreams what ever they may be. i sit here and wonder why should i stay with b4k when it hurts so much when we loose one of these kids to me it feels like loosing a family member and i thought that it wouldnt affect me as much as it does well i was wrong it tares me up and i thought i was strong. I will tell you this there is no one stronger on this earth then these kids they are the strongest peopel i have ever met in my life!!! and thats why i will continue to do every thing and anything i can to help these kids and thier familys becasue they show me strengh!!!

GOD BLESS YOU TIMMY YOU WILL BE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

from http://outdoorconnection.yuku.com/topic/2278

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes I have, I'll bit....explain

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 19 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever been under water without air?

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB, Yahweh does mean exactly what He says ...

every word, not just a few...

When Yahweh says if you desire to be forgiven, forgive, for with what measure you forgive you shall be forgiven!

there is nothing complicated to that, but it means what it say....

but "Once Saved Always Saved" want to explain why it does not mean what it says....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing like that my friend, Its that you get to deep to fast without the leading of the Spirit.

Remember there are 70 to 100 baseball fans that log in each hr some nights and may not be where you are.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is pretty broken down 'b'. If you can't assimilate it, it is because you won't. I cannot help you there.

I have to say that I like your post, which you have chosen, by and by, by Stam. They evoke a desire to respond. And I think what I say is edifying. But, if you like, I will avoid 'taking up space' if you will agree to the same when I post?

Or do I need to break that down further for the baseball fans?

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't you ever break it down to one thought, one precept at a time for the baseball fans or are you and your budy BHL, so into takeing up posting space.

Ecclesiastes 5:3

For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If the obvious, natural meaning of the Old Testament promises are not to be depended upon, how can we depend upon any promise of God?
I think that Corni Stam has a wonderful way, and truthfulness in his expressing of the truth. However we depart ways on the subject of Pentecost. That he does not believe, says that he does not believe. Therefore he does not 'receive' necessarily, by nature of the fact that as an unbeliever, he cannot. It is a doubting Thomas thing, "Except I see the nail prints and thrust my hand into HIS side, I will not believe." I don't understand it, but I accept it. HE is no Tare, I am certain, Corni Stam.

Scripture says that God chose a peculiar people. Believe me, Charismatics, Full Gospel, and Pentecostals are pecular people. They can be downright strange, even to me, and I am one. But I know what is inside.

"See the people standing there, and disagree, and never win, and wonder why they don't get in my door." Lennon and McCartney

So if you judge by what you see, your judgment may be wrong, regardless of whether you can point out fault that is plainly visible. Clearly God did not make you a judge of His handiwork. And here is where that dreaded passage about blasphemy comes in so powerfully. Clearly when Jesus talked about what happens to one who one who despises the work of the Spirit, which the Pharisees were outspoken to do, it is the result of criticizing what they thought was 'strange'. They 'claimed' it was not of God. That was the blasphemy! Do as you wish. I just thought I would mention it.

But here is why I am addressing Corni's dissertation: He said that the Old Testament's promises are valid, yet here is how New Testament scripture says it:

Gal 3:16 "Now to Abraham and his seed [singular] were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ."

So we see that the promises are not to us, which is a misread by the typical Christian. They are to Christ. So that, if you have not Christ, as in 'proper' relationship and knowledge of HIM, you have not the promises. For they are by way of relationship with the Word of God, Jesus Christ. You cannot 'fake' relationship, and bear 'real' fruit. And many a sincere person has what they call a 'relationsip', but without the relationship part. Is this you? Because I assure you, if you are of a critical tongue, you may either not be saved, or you are saved, but you abide in an unhealthy condition which does not bring glory to the Father.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

Because of a failure to understand God's purposes as outlined in the Scriptures some have felt it necessary to alter many of the plainest statements of Holy Writ. Supposing that God could not have meant exactly what He said, they have concluded that these things must be interpreted in a "spiritual" sense.

Actually there is nothing spiritual about failing to take God at His Word, and seeking to explain away difficulties by arbitrarily altering what He has plainly said.

First, this would leave us at the mercy of theologians. If the Scriptures do not mean what they say, who has the authority to decide what they do mean? And how can we turn to the Word of God for light if it does not mean what it says, and only trained theologians can tell us what it does mean?

Second, this altering of the Scriptures affects the veracity of God. It is a thrust at His very honor. If the obvious, natural meaning of the Old Testament promises are not to be depended upon, how can we depend upon any promise of God? Then, when He says: "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Rom. 10:13), He may also mean something else instead of what He actually says.

Third, this "spiritualizing" of Scriptures endorses apostasy, for it allows men to alter the meaning of God's Word according to their will.

The path to a true understanding and enjoyment of the Bible is not in altering but in "rightly dividing" it (II Tim. 2:15).

Those who have resorted to the "spiritualization" of the prophetic Scriptures because they cannot account for the seeming cessation in their fulfillment, will find the solution to their problem in a recognition of the unique character of Paul's apostleship and message. Recognize "the mystery" revealed through Paul and there will be no need to alter prophecy.

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement