Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Good ands Evil

Author Topic: Good ands Evil
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And His commandments are not grevious! (Which goes with "take my yoke, it is easy, and my burden light."
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Michael
quote:
We are not righteous by any effort whatsoever. We are righteous by His righteousness, 'if' we receive His righteousness, and abide therein. If we do not receive His righteousness, we deceive ourselves, or settle for dirt which some seem to think is 'clean dirt' somehow.

1Jn 2:6 "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

The fall of mankind was the knowledge of “good and evil”…

To know good is as evil as to know evil…

Remember Yahshua’s words….

Matthew 19:17
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Yahshua is life; there is no other life....

Obedience is Abiding...

Where there is no abiding there is no obedience…

Where there is no obedience there is on abiding…

(John 15:7)
If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will and it shall be done for you.
There are some pretty strong statements in Scripture, that define who loves Yahshua, and who does not — who will see eternal life, and who will not:

“…If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.” (John 8:51)

“…If ye love me, keep my commandments.” (John 14:15)

“If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.” (John 15:10)

“He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” (1 John 2:4)

Before the knowledge of good and evil, Adam and Eve only knew thus saith the Lord…

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our righteousness is complete, Im talking about the renewing of the mind process which we cooperate with, thats where the prayer comes in, and He just flows through us as we "be", rather than engaging our will to keep the law.

--------------------
whats up?

Posts: 85 | From: pa | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[Prayer]
quote:

Good..... Believing that we are righteous by faith, and making every thought obedient to that truth by prayer.
"Making!" "Praying!" That would be 'doing'. That would also be works. And someone wanting to struggle with this comment would insist that 'believing' is doing. Basically, believing 'is' a response initiated by us to a call that is given (Faith cometh by hearing). But it is not 'works'. It is 'receiving' the works done of the doer, which still another would want to 'insist' is works. But 'having' is not works. And that is how it is. He is 'doing'; we are 'having', so that, if our eye is single, we will be able to give praise unto Him for His wisdom, and power and glory.

But we are not having, if we are thinking that we have anything to do with 'doing'. Even prayer doesn't accomplish anything that has to do with our righteousness.

Evil is to reject this out of hand as if you have anything to do with accomplishing what only He can accomplish, and is accomplishing. It is an attempt at 'having' by doing. Evil is to function separately from Him, which would also mean 'doing on your own' to accomplish what you 'have' by His grace. Doing is an insult to 'DONE'! HE IS!

We are not righteous by any effort whatsoever. We are righteous by His righteousness, 'if' we receive His righteousness, and abide therein. If we do not receive His righteousness, we deceive ourselves, or settle for dirt which some seem to think is 'clean dirt' somehow.

1Jn 2:6 "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

We cannot see through muddy water. An evil heart is as muddy water.

Jesus, who is our life, is our righteousness as we abide in His life - trust in His life. We have absolutely no righteousness of our own!

Evil is when we believe that we are doing it when we can't, or that we are helping. Or, evil is believing that we have to be dirty as though His grace doesn't clean us, but rather 'overlooks' us, therefore we live dirty and look righteous. That would be phoney!

The 'doing' can be done, only not by us. Overcoming is not our doing. It is His. Therefore we are not 'condemned' to fail, while HE forgives, if we 'let Him do', instead of trying ourselves. Therefore we do not have to walk in the dark, so that the 'doing' is not our doing, but it is no less, 'having', which makes us not to be ashamed before Him, for we are delivered from failing!

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good..... Believing that we are righteous by faith, and making every thought obedient to that truth by prayer.

Evil.....Believing that we are not righteous and trying to obtain righteousness on our own by striving to keep the law or by being good.

--------------------
whats up?

Posts: 85 | From: pa | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement