Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Enter the Kingdom

Author Topic: Enter the Kingdom
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is wyldeb, is that whereas one single scripture should stop a reasonable man by slaying him and his foolish concept, people want to dredge up out of the sewer, all the misunderstanding which they have stored away to make their point. Therefore there are 'many' counter points, as I said, because they will not hearken to a simple, straightforward single little scripture.

You are not waiting to be judged. You already are. But Jesus came not to condemn, but that through Him they may have life. That doesn't work for anyone who stonewalls Him.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words(in a post).

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

This does not mean without compromise. If one does not compromise with the will of God, he cannot be said to be 'calling' on the name of the Lord.

"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity."(2Ti 2:19)

But some people think that they are smart like this, to see themselves as accepted based on what they read and seemingly able to demonstrate it. However scripture says to examine yourself to see if you be in the faith. It also says "Whatsoever doth make manifest, is light." Light shows up sin and unbelief. But on the basis of, "Take heed that the 'light' that is in thee be not darkness," some people are using counterfeit 'light' which is really darkness, to spotlight their belief hoping to make it accepted.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yourgonnadiedownthere:
"If ya want to get technical biblical like" there is one hereth on this threadeth that will never entereth a kindgom of God.

He better come up for air, its gonna be hot down there.

Bloweth of smoke like he hath doneth here, is a sinneth.

Romans 10:6-13
6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”(that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yourgonnadiedownthere
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If ya want to get technical biblical like" there is one hereth on this threadeth that will never entereth a kindgom of God.

He better come up for air, its gonna be hot down there.

Bloweth of smoke like he hath doneth here, is a sinneth.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Weak is weak. But seek, is to seek. Run from what consumes you lest your heart become hardened, or consequence hits! But so many of us would rather wait until consequence hits.
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

It happens because you are ok with it. It isn't supposed to be, and to rule out that consequence can sting like hell, is painfully dangerous. It is never, ever, good to be complacent. It is unfaithfulness, and He created (recreated) us to be faithful. So it is no light matter to disregard this. So we think it is ok and we piddle around, one day we get a visit from a clinic that says that white spots on our throat are from a dreaded disease. Or, a jealous lover goes on a rampage and someone goes to jail, or worse, someone gets 'bumped' off. Maybe someone we should have told about Jesus, goes out the door, and we hear a skreeetch! We look out to see that person under the body of an automobile. Life is serious. Salvation is even more!!!

I have a weakness or two that is albeit either pleasant, or seems urgent to respond the wrong way to, which is also downright annoying. But it is betrayal. We 'betray' Jesus every time we indulge in something that we know we shouldn't. We also hurt our testimony, the most important thing we have, hands down, except Jesus Himself.

But the point is that we choose it. And what is not to be overlooked here is that God meets us, and we can have fellowship with Him that is unbroken. We are able by Him to abide in victory over betrayal. We can see it for what it is and not candy coat the seriousness of it, and compromise with it as if it doesn't matter. He is our provision, and to compromise is to call Him a liar, as though He is NOT, our provision.

He doesn't intend for us to be at the mercy of that which would distort us. He never meant in the least that we should sit in the pig pen, lie in the pig pen, and wait until eternity to be cleaned up, and to sit at the properly dressed table to feast. We may not get the chance if we 'put it off' until that day. We cannot feast now, at the long table dressed in linen, in pigs muddy attire. And to feast with us, He does desire Now!!!

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To slide on ones ars in the arena of Life happens

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

To take up one's cross, is to abandon one's self in acceptance of His provision. It isn't optional. Without it, one is preserving himself by keeping his options open. God does not meet us under those conditions. Surrender to Him is an act of complete trust done on His terms. He does not compromise with us on that.

However, He will meet us to work it out if we simply confess to Him our difficulty. If we say that we are afraid to abandon all to realize His way, and simply say "Help," because we are afraid, or find it difficult to let go of 'stuff', He is so kind to answer us. He doesn't depend on us to be able to make that abandon, or to follow Him. He gives us the ability because He is faithful to Himself.

He does not negotiate however. So to ask, is to surrender, even if we do not find ourselves able at the time we ask. I believe in Him! He does not ignore such a request. But one must be willing to be conformed, by being changed, into something to His liking. They cannot 'hold' onto themselves and still benefit from His provision.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galatians 5:13 - 15 (NLT)

For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.

Sinful human desires lead to the problems mentioned in Galatians 5:26 (conceit, provoking one another, and envy) and to a lack of mutual help.

We are under the restraint of the Holy Spirit and the constraint of the higher law, the law of love. Freedom must be used to glorify Christ and serve others, not just to fulfill our personal desires.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
Well good for you anm! Is that supposed to impress anyone? I am glad that you are all that. Really! It remains to be seen however if you go all the way. And look at those you harm, by denying important scripture verse. For example according to Paul, if it offends his brother to eat meat, he will not. What this says is that if you set an example to follow that causes others to be emboldened to do the same, but they have not faith, they will be hurt by it. But osas makes it easy for them not to have to worry. Huh? But say! Your example could lead people to hell, but you are ok anyway? It's OSAS! But I don't think so.

My bible says that all things are lawful. It goes on to say that they are not expedient. So what it is saying is that you still musn't 'do' them. "Satan is walking about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." What the means is that you could be overcome, and fall. You are not 'automatically' stangind.

And believe me, that is a lame argument talking about preaching to the choir. It is expedient to preach also to the choir!

And what do you mean "baptized?" You mean that you got sprinkled, or wet?

I may not go all the way, but if I don't it will be because of people preaching the ministry of condemnation and condemning me to the point where I can't handle it anymore,but I probably will because my trust is in the Lord, this persusion cometh not from him who calleth me, (this legalistic doctrine)but he who troubles me shall bear his judgement.

--------------------
whats up?

Posts: 85 | From: pa | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yourgonnadiedownthere
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL There is a place for people like that and once there, they will need SPF 26,850 unmeltable with kevlar.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Well good for you anm! Is that supposed to impress anyone? I am glad that you are all that. Really! It remains to be seen however if you go all the way. And look at those you harm, by denying important scripture verse. For example according to Paul, if it offends his brother to eat meat, he will not. What this says is that if you set an example to follow that causes others to be emboldened to do the same, but they have not faith, they will be hurt by it. But osas makes it easy for them not to have to worry. Huh? But say! Your example could lead people to hell, but you are ok anyway? It's OSAS! But I don't think so.

My bible says that all things are lawful. It goes on to say that they are not expedient. So what it is saying is that you still musn't 'do' them. "Satan is walking about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." What the means is that you could be overcome, and fall. You are not 'automatically' stangind.

And believe me, that is a lame argument talking about preaching to the choir. It is expedient to preach also to the choir!

And what do you mean "baptized?" You mean that you got sprinkled, or wet?

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im saved, Jesus is Lord, I repented and was baptised,I speak in tongues, I have dreams and visions and have cast out demons,I have experienced great intimacy with the lord. Go preach to someone who is lost, your preachin to the choir.

--------------------
whats up?

Posts: 85 | From: pa | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

The Kingdom IS come. It has a King! Neither adulterers, idolators, or effiminate etc. enter in. That means that they don't 'inherit' it. That is because their heart is rife with the above mentioned messiness which they embrace in their heart and simply will not part with, nor can it be pried from their cold, dead, white knuckled death grip until, to their surprise, the Righteous Judge does so. But that stuff is all that it takes to prevent one from entering in, now, never mind later.

quote:
quote: Not Biblical... is from reference to the stuff you posted and had nothing to do with the next two sentences of mine drawn from the Bible. Its just a tricky deceptive EDITING job that made it so!
No deception is necessary wyle. I have no need to deceive anyone. The part that is wrong with that statement is where it reads "Your post is not Biblical." If it were not Biblical I would not have posted it.

I do not ever wish to bicker! But since you continually challenge me and are so unbridaled in your assertions, I have to respond to your trying to limit the truth to your understanding. I was not altering your post to look how I wanted it to look, thereby taking it out of your hands and representing it to others differently. I simply called your hand. I 'corrected' you!

You may disagree all that you want, however, I do not know why you must persist in obstructing the Kingdom of God. You are like the verse written to the lawyers:

"Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered."(Luk 11:52)

I cannot give you clear verses that are irrefutible that you will give consideration to even if they could be written in the sky for emphasis. You only see the 'formula' that you have, and by that formula 'judge' others wrong! But if a person is looking for the truth, it will be known of him.

"But if any man love God, the same is known of him."(1Co 8:3)

It is easy to call someone a liar. But when someone is so completely unbridaled in their assertion, perhaps they need to be looked at for what makes them so. They can claim they are guarding the truth, but in reality they may be hiding something.

Now I understand that some people might have a problem abandoning themselves to embrace the truth. We all need help with that, and He provides it, if we ask. But to ask requires us to humble ourselves, which some people simply will not do. But it is a requirement. And here is why 'most' will not enter the Kingdom of God: "For except ye become as a little child, you will not enter in."

No matter what anyone says, there will be someone to challenge it. For example, to some, to become as a little child might cause some people to envision a brat! But someone with a true heart knows that the reason Jesus said this is because a child does not reason in himself trying to calculate what is going on so that they can have their own input. They simply receive what their parents say and go along with it.

Another aspect is that they do not provide for themselves. They are provided for, which goes back to the fact that they go along with what their parents say, and are receptive. Only a brat will resist, or question scornfully. They neither help themselves, or others. And who wants to be responsible for others ending up in hades because they accepted the words of a brat.

When scripture says that the "Kingdom 'cometh' not with observation. Lo, it is within you," It cannot be more simply stated, until one cannot mess it up. It is not refutable, except to the unstable, or fantasy believer such as the J Witnesses, or Mormons of latter days pranks (except maybe the fake Christian).

I didn't ask you to post in this thread. If you challenge, and your challenge is wrong, I might have to respond. Your way is not His way.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by barrykind:

As a result, most of these people will sit just inside the gate, claiming salvation, but never enter the Kingdom, never come to the full-knowledge of Truth, and never demonstrate the preeminence of Christ over sin, self, and satan.

1 Corinthians 4:11 - 14 (NLT)

11 Even now we go hungry and thirsty, and we don’t have enough clothes to keep warm. We are often beaten and have no home. 12 We work wearily with our own hands to earn our living. We bless those who curse us. We are patient with those who abuse us. 13 We appeal gently when evil things are said about us. Yet we are treated like the world’s garbage, like everybody’s trash—right up to the present moment. 14 I am not writing these things to shame you, but to warn you as my beloved children.

20 For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

When you prayed to receive salvation, did you pray the Holy Spirit to forgive your sins and ask Him to come into you? You did not! There is no other name given under Heaven by which men shall be saved. With the heart one must believe unto Jesus. This opens the door for one to receive the Holy Spirit. One does not believe the Holy Spirit to receive Jesus. So to believe 'unto' Jesus is paramount in order to receive the Spirit. And if one has not the Spirit of God they are none of His.

So then, it is - believe Jesus, and by so doing, receive the Holy Spirit through the Blood of Jesus. Now! To receive the Holy Spirit, or to grieve the Holy Spirit is the follow-up course. How to grieve the Holy Spirit is the broad way, and how to receive the Holy Spirit is the narrow way. And the way to 'receive' the Holy Spirit, which is an ongoing thing, is documented in the verses.

Now, what you beleive in (or about) Jesus makes the difference in whether the Kingdom is manifest in one, or darkness. And Jesus said, "Take heed that the 'light' that is in the be not darkness!" Meaning their religion.

But here is a definition of apostate:

Php 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
Php 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
Php 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

You are 'the' perfect example of unbelief. If Jesus isn't in your heart, you are none of His.

I have pleaded with you to realize your folly. I pray that others are spared from following your destructive course. Have all the confidence that you want. I know what you have to look forward to.

"Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from -the life- of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:"(Eph 4:18 )

ANM
Advanced Member
Member # 7184

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
If Jesus is in your heart, you may enter the Kingdom, but not through unbelief!

If ya want to get technical biblical like, the Spirit of God is within you, Jesus is at the right hand of the Father interceeding for you, and the Father is on his throne , Jesus in your heart ain't biblical....lol, unless of course you run it through the trinity.

--------------------
whats up?

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

If Jesus is in your heart, you may enter the Kingdom, but not through unbelief! You see, scripture does not say that you have future hope, without present hope. Scriptures does not say that you will know Him one day, but you must wait for it. When it says that, "Behold now is the accepted time of salvation," it doesn't mean that you get a 'ticket' to the later event marked by grand ceremony and much celebration. It is valid for what is "Now Playing!"
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
KJV
quote:
"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, Behold, the kingdom of God is within you. "(Luk 17:20 ~ 21 )

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. And you are either 'in', or you are 'out', looking, as it were in from the outside. You are a participant, or you are a scoffer. You benefit of the righteousness of the Kingdom, or you justify yourself, but enter not in.

The Pharisees thought that the Kingdom would descend like the Roman army and conquer the masses. Eleswhere in scripture this is verified by the fact that the very possibility caused the higher-ups concern. But their notion was errant. Jesus was saying that the Kingdom comes by submission, not by conquering.

Of such and in such is the Kingdom established. The Kingdom is established in people who 'belive' unto His Lordship. The Kingdom is 'manifest' in those who believe unto the King. It is not superficial. It is present in the believing heart.

A Kingdom is established by its word. God's word is Lord. Jesus is that word.

"Thy word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against thee." (King David)

Jesus is the word hidden in the heart, that we might not sin against. All unbelief is sin! Jesus is the word that establishes the Kingdom in us, if we believe unto Him.

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:" (Heb 8:10 )

In that He will write His laws in the hearts, He writes Himself into our heart. As we believe unto Him, the Kingdom is established. If we do not believe, the Kingdom is not nigh to us, and we are out.

quote:
Not Biblical...

And Jesus said.

Luke.23
[43] And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

The Kingdom that is to come is a REAL KINGDOM with a REAL KING.

Except for the "Not Biblical" part, this statement is very correct!

"Behold, the kingdom of God is within you,"unless the Kingdom is like a fairy tale that will unfold before our eyes one fateful day. But that is not scriptural. For, "The Kingdom cometh not with observation."

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All who are born again belong to the kingdom of God (John 3:3-5). This is a spiritual kingdom that is separate from the material things of this world (Rom. 14:17). But one day, when Jesus returns to this earth, there will be a glorious kingdom for 1,000 years (Rev. 20:1-7) with Jesus Christ reigning as King.

When Jesus Christ comes to the earth to judge, He will banish sin for a thousand years and establish His kingdom (Rev. 20:1-6). Believers will reign with Him and share His glory and authority. This kingdom, prophesied in the Old Testament, is called “the Millennium” by prophetic teachers. The word comes from the Latin: mille—thousand, annum—year.

But even after the Millennium, there will be one final rebellion against God (Rev. 20:7-10) which Jesus Christ will put down by His power. The lost will then be raised, judged, and cast into the lake of fire. Then death itself shall be cast into hell, and the last enemy shall be destroyed. Jesus Christ will have put all things under His feet! He will then turn the kingdom over to the Father and then the eternal state—the new heavens and new earth—shall be ushered in (Rev. 21-22).

(Wiersbe)

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

What is it to enter the Kingdom? When does that occur? Does it wait for us to die? Well, scripture says that the "Kingdom 'cometh' not with observation. Lo, it is within you." That is, it is within you - if you believe unto it. It is not if you don't. That is to say that it is not unbound because sin prevents it from being.

Jesus says that the Kingdom cometh not with observation. That means that, looking around you, you are not going to see certain things fall into place. You are not going to witness something taking place as the result of some change being affected from the top down, by some external, or distant event taking place. For example a new world order, or a church being established which offers protection, and cannot be challenged. Look at what people thought when they saddled a donkey for Jesus, and cast palm branches down in front of Him as they led him down the street. They thought that He would 'rise up', and overtake the oppressors and give His followers dominion in that hour. Needless to say, that was a profound example of how our minds do not comprehend how He works.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD." (Isa 55:8)

For by the time His plan was followed through, so many of these who were inclined towards Him then, were broken, and dejected. They didn't see what they were looking for the way they expected it, and didn't recognize how it would come about.

It is a rude awakening to realize that what we invest in, believing it will come to pass, is not what HE is invested in, nor how He will do it. That would make Him subject to us. But we can't lead. He is the all wise God. And trust in Him is blind, not binding. We have to, in faith, step out on a cloud, as it were, in trusting Him. But we don't feel His support until we do. Our mind tells us one thing, cautioning us not to take that step. And the necessity to be united with Him suggests another. But the necessity to be united with Him is backed up by scripture. Blessed is he who believes.

~

But what can prevent the Kingdom from us?

1Co 6:9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"

1Co 6:10 "Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

And such 'were' some of you. Does that suggest that they 'still are', or not? If they still are, can they then be 'justified' after all? For here is the point: This stuff cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. Therefore to abide in this stuff means that the person cannot 'partake' of the Kingdom, plainly and simply; for this 'stuff' prevents the one from doing so. Therefore, is one 'justified' if he fits the list in 1Cor 9-10?

The Kingdom comes unto us, that is to say that we can partake of the Kingdom in this very moment if we are justified by faith. Justified by definition means: "To render innocent." Of course you cannot be innocent, and sinful at the same time. Then you are not justified by faith, but are a transgressor. And a transgressor is not partaking of the Kingdom. And one who excuses him or herself is not justified, because the act of excusing one's self is not justification. It is excusification.

But excusification is the only thing that so many can understand, and they will fight you tooth and nail to make the point that they have no other choice. But is that how it really is?

Excusification is where we are when we sit in the pew, having come to a saving knowledge of Christ. That is where, in some churches, we regularly go to the alter to repent, at every service. It seems a little weak. It seems stripped of joy. For if we have to continually do this, how are we partaking in the Kingdom, except when we get to that alter each Sunday: And look how long we must wait to get to that alter if we do not even make it through that Sunday before we are outside the gate again?

Jesus said, "I am come to give you life, and more abundantly." Somehow, the 'abundantly' gets lost in this scenario. The abundantly, of course, is the Kingdom experience. Therefore, to be justified, is to be transported to a place where we experience the Kingdom, because it is able to be freely within us, without the usurping of it by that which compromises with the world. It is a faith, and realization thing, which without repentance, we will not come to understand.

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 8 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning Friend!
Today's meditation is taken from:

Enter the Kingdomby Chip Brogden

http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/articles/enter.html
"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel" (Galatians 1:6).

What is commonly preached as the "Full Gospel" might be more properly termed the "Fifty Percent Gospel." We lay such stress on the gate, on the initial coming to the Lord; but the other half of the equation, the Kingdom and the ultimate intention of God, is hardly alluded to. What is worse, we invite sinners to Christ on the basis of their own self-serving needs (e.g., come to Christ and He will take away all your burdens, etc.). As a result, most of these people will sit just inside the gate, claiming salvation, but never enter the Kingdom, never come to the full-knowledge of Truth, and never demonstrate the preeminence of Christ over sin, self, and satan.

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement