Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Christians and Politics

Author Topic: Christians and Politics
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He pointed out that we would have to rely on the honesty of candidiates. If they are honest, it reflects their will -not necessarily their ability to change things once elected. The president can have great power -but, unfortunatley, it is greatly diminished when he does not do what the powerful want.

Also, by the time Americans go to the polls, many things are already decided. From the time candidates decide they might run there are forces at work to limit potential choices to those which will keep the status quo -or change it to benefit the powerful -not the moral. It's not equal opportunity -it's hardball from the start.

Furthermore, if those who do not wish to keep certain values outnumber those who do -we can probably expect it to be the rare instance democracy still works by the numbers.

It is good to plead a worthy cause, and to point out those things we need to change to survive as a nation. However, we can not change the will of others. Even if a perfect leader were to rule -people would still want their own way. Ancient Israel rejected God and desired a king instead -he told them it would not go well -it didn't.

Perhaps we will turn, but if we do not, do not be surprised -be prepared. It would be wonderful to turn over power to Christ peacefully when he comes, having turned, but it will fall to him one way or another.

As for leaving Israel (Judah) to the wolves -it is already written -though we will fall by the same wolves. Maybe we will repent and God will relent -we can be for Judah, but it is just as wrong to be against others wrongly.

Isa 9:21 Manasseh, Ephraim; and Ephraim, Manasseh: and they together shall be against Judah. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

Hos 5:13 When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah saw his wound, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Jareb: yet could he not heal you, nor cure you of your wound.

Isa 10:1 Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;
Isa 10:2 To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!
Isa 10:3 And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory?
Isa 10:4 Without me they shall bow down under the prisoners, and they shall fall under the slain. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
Isa 10:5 O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.
Isa 10:6 I will send him against a hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
View the below video about how Christian should be involved in politics.

http://www.jesusclips.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ace2124a1a836d9fc4b6

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement