Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The LORD must have a Jerusalem for My servant David

Author Topic: The LORD must have a Jerusalem for My servant David
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

Your statement is true -and it made me think...

God and his Son are the hope of Israel -but no less the hope of all. God will deal harshly with gentile nations -but he has dealt harshly with Israel. Israel was first in many things -both good and not-so-pleasant. They were to be a peculiar nation -a holy priesthood. Being human, they both did well and erred, and received that which God told them they would for both -and this still continues. They were honored to have God deal directly with them, and when they erred he corrected them both for their benefit and because he is no respecter of persons -but of righteousness -the rock of our salvation. In human terms, this correction has sometimes been horrific -yet he will wipe our tears away.
It is no different for any other nation.
Physically speaking, God has prophesied that he will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle (that which remains of them)-and then his Son will deal with them personally -but even this is for their eventual benefit. Spiritually, those who are in the first resurrection are not only physically of Judah or any other tribe of Israel -but of ALL nations. A great multitude will be saved in the end time out of great tribulation from ALL nations -and they will ALL reign on earth as immortals -all those firstfruits whom God calls to do so.
Physically, God has prophesied that he will save Judah first, etc... and many of our "bible heroes" will have great positions in the kingdom of God -but having authority in the kingdom of God is not like having authority today -In His kingdom, His rulers will be servants -whose responsibility it is to make the burdens of others light.
God is equal -though some of Israel will be great -some of gentile nations will be greater than some Israelites in his kingdom -but it will not be as it is -we will learn to be content in any situation -having plenty -and rulers will serve the people -not the other way around.

Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honor, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Mar 10:31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

Mat 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
Mat 20:27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

(EMPHASIS MINE) Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every (EVERY) kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever.

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Isaiah,
The best posts just direct the attention to our glorious Lord, the Hope of Israel, don't they?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
Zec 14:6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
Zec 14:7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
Zec 14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Kings 19:34
For I will defend this city, to save it, for My own sake, and for My servant David's sake.

1 Chronicles 17:7
Now therefore thus shall you say to My servant David, Thus says the LORD of hosts, I took you from the sheepcote, even from following the sheep, that you should be ruler over My people Israel.

Ezekiel 34:23
And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even My servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

Ezekiel 34:24
And I the LORD will be their God, and My servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.

Ezekiel 37:25
And they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Jacob My servant, wherein your fathers have dwelled; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children forever: and My servant David shall be their prince forever.

It is for Jesus of Nazareth, declared to be the Son of God with power, for the Servant David that the LORD must have a Jerusalem.

with love,
eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement