Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Anger

Author Topic: Anger
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not believe we should be angry toward the devil -it is not our place, though we should resist him. We're going to be angry -we don't have to try -but it is no more right to direct it at Satan than any person who wills us harm.
Satan is not there for us to hate, but God did purpose that our existence be influenced by him that we might -having resisted and overcome -in the future -be beyond temptation
God will rebuke him.

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do too Eden! I know [Eek!] The point is that scripture says to 'be angry - and sin not'. The implied posture, or condition, of which one is capable by His grace, is what I am after in this post. The goal is the understanding of His life and operation (impartation), such that one does not fall from His grace. If you sin because of anger, what is it but that you were above sin until you sinned as a result of anger.

Anger is an emotion. He did not create us to be zombies. We still experience these emotions that are built into us. The point is, (taking in mind the the word is quick and powerful, sharper than a two edged sword, piercing to the 'dividing asunder' of SOUL and Spitit)that when the anger rules the heart, then one has sinned.

But this is key: When you get angry, you are angry with God, never mind the source of the irritation.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Michael Harrison. I liked this part of your post
quote:
The point here goodnews is that the verse reads to be angry - and sin not. Nobody slows down to assimilate this. For most, if not all, if one is angry they are automatically sinning, in their opinion; and there would be no shortage of folk to point an accusing finger. However, one can be angry without commiting hatred, (which would be murder), in their heart. The verse says plainly to 'get over it without sinning'.
It reminded me of this verse:

1 Corinthians 12
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, I have no need of you: nor again can the head say to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 No, those members of the body which seem to be more feeble, are much more necessary.

But to get back to your quote, Michael Harrison
quote:
The point here goodnews is that the verse reads to be angry - and sin not. Nobody slows down to assimilate this. For most, if not all, if one is angry they are automatically sinning, in their opinion; and there would be no shortage of folk to point an accusing finger. However, one can be angry without commiting hatred, (which would be murder), in their heart. The verse says plainly to 'get over it without sinning'.
There are certain things in life that I can still get very angry about. I think they call it "I don't want no drama" in the singles-list circles. "I don't want no drama", eventhough they are Christians who are supposed to bear one another's burdens:

Galatians 6:2
Bear you one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Luke 11:46
And he said, Woe to you also, you lawyers! for you load men with burdens grievous to be borne, but you yourselves do not touch the burdens with one of your fingers.

Galatians 6:5
For every man shall bear his own burden.

Huh?

Dear brother Michael Harrison, I still get angry. This is how I look at that. That's why God had to save me!!! [roll on floor] OMG

"Hosanna, He is honored."
with love, eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

One knows himself, and compares with himself, usually. By this means, he judges others based on what he knows by his own sinful reactions, which he himself would be guilty of. This people do without knowing where the other stands in grace in their relationship with Him. They assume that others are on the same level, and that they are fair game. They could be wrong.

2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

And then there is the post and beam thing that Jesus said. (Actually that would be mote and beam.)

The point of the opening question on this post is that the person referred to in this verse is assumed to be on a higher plain with God, and that they should stay on it and not be moved from there even if they are angered. It ties in with another post of mine that is current. There is a place in Christ for each one to find, from which they should not be moved. Regrettably, if one does not find this provision, they needn't worry about being moved. They already are!

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I said on Jesus and Judging -

Eph.4:26 means that we are not supposed to harbour or dwell on the sin, and allow the devil to stir up pride and revenge against the other person, which may end up in bitter words and actions. The anger should be towards the devil, the sin and the injustice, not the person. Satan is our real enemy.

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eph 4:26 "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:"

Does anyone wonder why he didn't say, "Be angry - and repent before the sun goes down?"

???

Do you bother to think when you read? Why settle for what you believe it says? Do you read with a carnal mind? Rather, do you not? Show me an honest believer that I may be satisfied. Who will look at his own heart before the Lord to see what is there?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement