Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Story of Noah Very relevant in present day.

Author Topic: The Story of Noah Very relevant in present day.
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear friends,
These are the scriptures that I feel led to share on this topic, these days.
Quote:
Re 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Seen as a unit, the church in America has, within it, those who teach the doctrine of Balaam (sexual and philosophical promiscuity) and the doctrine of the Nicolaitains (conquer the people). This corresponds very well with the doctrines of the Democrats and the Republicans.
The Lord will fight these false teachers with the sword of His mouth. To the degree any of us have locked arms with these we will suffer from the Lord's attack on His enemies.
Quote:
Mal 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

In as much as we support sorcerers, adulterers, false swearers (politicians who falsely swear to support God's ordained authority in the US Constitution), and those that oppress the hireling in wages, those who oppress the widow, and those who oppress the orphan (child without an inheritance), and those who will not show hospitality to the traveler, to that degree we invite a consuming fire.
The oppression of the hireling in wages, the widow, and the child without an inheritance are, all, effects of an economy in inflation brought on by debt.
Quote:
Ps 82:1 ¶ God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6 ¶ I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Jesus is the Word of God. In as much as we have professed to having received Jesus, we have received the Word of God, for, as Jesus said, God has called them gods to whom the Word of God came. That makes us gods.
Quote:
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

When we accepted God's offer of placement in His family, it became incumbent upon us to do the things that the brothers of a King (though we are adopted, we are the brothers of the Lord of all) do. We are to learn and dispense righteous judgments.
Quote:
Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Giving our support to the wicked makes us subject to the promise of the 82nd Psalm that we would die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
Nevertheless, Abraham's seed, the sons of Jacob, will not be completely consumed.

Now, referring to one of my previous posts, we MUST learn to maintain good works for necessary uses. The first good works mentioned in the Bible were the things God created. The work that God gave Adam was to maintain those good works.
Quote:
Hab 3:2 O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.

If you are trafficking in goods without learning to maintain the good works of God, you may be more linked with the Nicolaitains than you will want to be as judgment manifests.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very, very true.

I pray we can and will warn people of God's wrath. It is real and it is coming.

But Praise to our Lord Jesus Christ who opened the door of salvation for that who place their faith in Him. We will be with Him forever!

http://video-tracts.com/wrath.html

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Octoldit
Member # 7067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Octoldit   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a practical consideration it strikes me as odd that all the evidence of the great worldwide flood of Noah's day is not properly recognized. The features of the terrain across the world shows massive flood damage, but few seem to tie it to the worldwide flood.

This situation has negative overtones because it the happened as a result of the peoples wickedness and corruption. The stearn justice that drowned the entire human population except Noah and his family has implications concerning the next judgement from the Lord which will clean-out all the wicked people from the earth.

Water was used in Noah's day, a warning about the Hell fire that will be used the next time has to be made clear to the people. In doing God's work I hope that those understanding how past judgements against the wicked may help some to repent. When they see how serious Almighty God was about doing away with wickedness, and corruption in the past how can people think this modern age will escape his justice.

www.noahthedocumentary.net can help many to see in a practical way why a much stronger punishment will be used against the wicked at the lord's return to the earth.

--------------------
For God created man to be immortal, and made him to be an image of his own eternity. [Apocrypha; 2:23 Wisdom of Solomon.]

Posts: 3 | From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement