Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » OMG! NO "family of God" in the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible

Author Topic: OMG! NO "family of God" in the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say back in 1611, they didn't use the term "family of God". This is more of a late 20th century/early 21st century term.

Much in the same way you won't find the word "Dinosaur" in a 1611 dictionary or the term "Homosexual" until the 1800's.

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah
Advanced Member
Member # 6699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isaiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure what the original subject was, but the human family was created by God -and the things of God are apparent in what can be seen.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

So...he created the human family the way it is as an analogy. It is why the Father calls Christ his Son -for our understanding -as the Father did not beget the Son the way we do -Christ has always existed -but by what he had him do. It is why the new Jerusalem is called our mother (Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all)...the bride of Christ (Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.) -and why WE ARE CALLED THE SONS OF GOD.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among MANY BRETHREN.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

So that GOD EVEN CALLS US gods.

Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

BECAUSE GOD IS REPRODUCING -HE IS MAKING US GODS.
This is not blasphemy -it is why he created us the way he did -to show his wonderful purpose!!!

Yayyyyy [hyper]

Posts: 288 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear friends,
Although I am not one appreciates dynmic interp, this scripture might have been paraphrased with a "family of God" interpretation.
quote:
Mt 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eden,
Although the phrase “family of God” doesn’t exist, there is the family of God.

The first time family is mentioned in scripture, it is a family in danger

Leviticus 20:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
3 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.
4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:
5 Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.

The last time family is mentioned, it is the family of God.

Ephesians 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was surprised to discover when I searched for the keyword phrase, family of God, that the phrase family of God does not exist in the 1611 King James (KJV) Bible anywhere. The search results instead said this to me:

"No results were found for family of God in the version:King James Version.
Try refining your search using the form above.

Try refining your search? Ha-ha. [roll on floor] What, is family of God not good enough?

Anyway, the search result, no family of God, surprised me.

Does it surprise anyone else?

with love,
eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement