Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Are there different types of grace?

Author Topic: Are there different types of grace?
CHEWY
Advanced Member
Member # 6970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHEWY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden - I responded on this in the topic "Thoughts on freewill." One in Christ found me there and questioned it there so I responded there. We can kill this thread here and continue it there if you like.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chewy-

Posts: 86 | From: Kingsport Tn. | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, oneinchrist, I think there is just one grace from and of God, but the ability to receive and process that grace varies from person to person.'

Plus the Lord will give more or less amperage of grace, depending on whether I am just sitting at home behind the safety of my computer or whether I am on the boulevard of unsaved tourists singing Christian songs to them of Jesus and of the LORD, then the LORD may send different levels of grace.

Plus our family background probably determines to what extent our body can "handle more grace before it bursts like an old wineskin".

love, eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Chewy,
Grace by definition is "unmerited favor".
Where is it that you find that there are different types of grace? I've never really heard that before. I do know that the word grace is used in different ways though.......but I assume that you are speaking of the most common use of the word in scripture.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHEWY
Advanced Member
Member # 6970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHEWY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What teaching do you hold about the different types of grace?

Common grace - Where that God sends rain to the just
and the unjust

Saving grace - For by grace are you saved through
faith

Any others?

Gathering information-

Chewy-

Posts: 86 | From: Kingsport Tn. | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement