Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » What do you believe about Jesus?

Author Topic: What do you believe about Jesus?
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do I believe about Jesus? Among the many other things that I believe about Jesus (enough to fill a library, the apostle John wrote), among all those things that I believe about Jesus, I think that "Jesus is My Kind of Man".

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, but it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.

At that time, and already now awaiting adoption, Jesus is and will be My Kind of Man:

Mark 12:25
For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels who are in heaven.

Right now and then Jesus will be "My Kind of Man", and I want to be "His Kind of Man".

For every knee on earth shall bow to Jesus of Nazareth, when He becomes King of kings at Jerusalem.

with love,
eden
"And I want to be His Kind of Man"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hittite1963
Advanced Member
Member # 7092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hittite1963   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus is...

* Immanuel- "God with us" (Matthew 1:23).
* Jesus- Greek for Joshua "Yahweh saves" (Matthew 1:21).
* The Word- Greek LOGOS "Word, rational principle" of God (John 1:1-14).
* The Way (John 14:6).
* The Alpha and the Omega (Revelation 1:8).
* The image of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15).
* The Lamb of God (John 1:29).
* The Son of God (Galatians 2:20).
* The Chief Shepherd (I Peter 5:4).
* The Head of the church (Ephesians (Colossians 1:18).

..."And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen" (John 21:25).

--------------------
Kyle Pope
kmpope@worldnet.att.net
http://kmpope.home.att.net
http://www.olsenpark.com

Posts: 70 | From: Amarillo, TX - USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Prayer] He is the way, and the truth. He is my life!
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 8 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe HE loves me, I believe HE died to give me Eternal Life, I believe HE loves all men and women equally with no regard to race, creed, color or any other difference.

I believe HE is returning soon for those who are waiting and watching with great expectation loving HIS returning.

I believe there is nothing as Precious as the Blood that is on the Mercy Seat ever before before the Throne of Glory for the sins of all who will except it! Yeshua's Blood

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyIdeas
Member # 7094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MyIdeas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you believe about Jesus?

Jesus is the Creator. Hebrews 1:2
He is the Son of God the Father His Only Begotten.
He was without sin. Hebrews 4:15
He is our Mediator 1Timothy 2:5, John 14:6
;our Advocate with the Father. 1 John 2:1, Hebrews 9:24
He is my Exemplar John 13:15, 1Peter 2:21
Jesus is the Christ the Anointed One

He suffered and died for all mankind, so that if we have faith in Him and repent we can be cleansed from sin so we can enter into the kingdom of heaven.

He is my Leader, my Lord, and my God. I love Him.

Posts: 3 | From: Oregon | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

My King Video

Click Here

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Shadrach Meshach Lockridge

My King Is…

The Bible says my king is a seven-way-king. He’s the king of the Jews; that’s a racial king. He’s the king of Israel; that’s a national king. He’s the king of righteousness. He’s the king of the ages. He’s the king of heaven. He’s the king of glory. He’s the king of kings. Besides being a seven-way-king, He’s the Lord of lords. That’s my king. Well, I wonder, do you know Him?

David said, ‘The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament showeth His handiwork.’ My king is a sovereign king. No means of measure can define His limitless love. No far-seeing telescope can bring into visibility the coastline of his shoreless supply. No barrier can hinder Him from pouring out His blessings.

He’s enduringly strong. He’s entirely sincere. He’s eternally steadfast. He’s immortally graceful. He’s infinitely powerful. He’s impartially merciful. Do you know Him?

He’s the greatest phenomenon that has ever crossed the horizon of this world. He’s God’s Son. He’s the sinner’s Savior. He’s the centerpiece of civilization. He stands in the solitude of Himself. He’s honest and He’s unique. He’s unparalleled. He’s unprecedented.

He’s the loftiest idea in literature. He’s the highest personality in philosophy. He is the supreme problem in higher criticism. He’s the fundamental doctrine of true theology. He’s the core, the necessity for spiritual religion. He’s the miracle of the ages. Yes, He is. He’s the superlative of everything good that you choose to call Him. He’s the only one qualified to be our all-sufficiency. I wonder if you know Him today.

He supplies strength for the weak. He’s available for the tempted and tried. He sympathizes and He saves. He strengthens and sustains. He guards and He guides. He heals the sick. He cleanses the leper. He forgives the sinner. He discharges debtors. He delivers the captive. He defends the feeble. He blesses the young. He serves the unfortunate. He regards the aged. He rewards the diligent. And He beautifies the meek. I wonder if you know Him.

Well, this is my king. He’s the key to knowledge. He’s the wellspring of wisdom. He’s the doorway of deliverance. He’s the pathway of peace. He’s the roadway of righteousness. He’s the highway of holiness. He’s the gateway of glory. Do you know Him?

Well, His office is manifold.. His promise is sure. His life is matchless. His goodness is limitless. His mercy is everlasting. His love never changes. His word is enough. His grace is sufficient. His reign is righteous. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. I wish I could describe Him to you.

He’s indescribable. He’s incomprehensible. He’s invincible. He’s irresistible. Well, you can’t get Him out of your mind. You can’t get Him off of your hand. You can’t outlive Him and you can’t live without Him. The Pharisees couldn’t stand Him, but they found they couldn’t stop Him. Pilate couldn’t find any fault in Him. Herod couldn’t kill Him. Death couldn’t handle Him, and the grave couldn’t hold Him. That’s my king!

And Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever and ever and ever! How long is that? And ever and ever! And when you get through with all the forevers, then amen! Good God Almighty! Amen!

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I believe: He is so wonderful, He is full of mercy and grace. He is God! He came here to earth as a babe, and lived as a man. He died hanging on a wicked cross for all my sins. He arose from the grave and now sits next to His dear Father in Heaven. He is waiting to come and take me home with Him. He has prepared a place for me. He has told His dear Father that I am His sister, and He loves me. He will always see to my needs, and He will always bless me.
One day soon He will rise me up! Thats what I believe about Jesus the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, maybe there is another! Jesus is the Kingdom of Heaven. Why do I say that? Simply, a Kingdom is established by its word. You only have to look at our own country to see this. The founding documents that establish the boundries for both our freedom, and our limitations (which equals respect for fellow people) are the words of our wise forefathers. So it is easy to see that a kingdom is established by its word, or perhaps decree (which is its word). Jesus is the Word of God. He is the word of God by which that which is seen, was formed. He is the Law of God. He is the Law of liberty, and of life unto God. He is our life. The word of God reconciled us to God Himself, through Jesus' shed blood. Therefore it is the word that accomplishes the will of God. Amen! The word of God accomplishes reconciliation of us to Him. What He said makes it happen! Jesus is He.

"That He may dwell richly in you through faith." And again Amen! Amen!

The word of God is the Kingdom of God, is our life, and our salvation. The word of God, which was spoken, in which we believed, therefore benefit from, and 'who' suffered on the Cross, is our salvation. God said it. He did it. I believe that I receive. He is willing to shew me.

"In the beginning was the word. The word was with God. The word was God." Let the Word of God do its work in you.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scythewieldor
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear friends,
As far as I have been able to discern, the following is important to that which I hold.

-Jesus is the only genuine Son of God. He was born of the virgin, Mary, which had descended from David through David's son, Nathan.
-Jesus was born KING OF THE JEWS. He was declared KING OF THE JEWS by Pontius Pilate in a court of law at which time He was sentenced to death, it being asserted by the leaders of the Jews that He was using His office to incite rebellion against Caesar.
-The Spirit was upon Jesus without measure, and, before His death, Jesus breathed upon His disciples, telling them to receive the Spirit.
-Jesus was laid, dead, in a tomb, but remained there only three days and three nights, just as He said. Then, He was resurrected.
-Jesus appointed His disciples a kingdom. He did not appoint a kingdom to His disciples. The Twelve, at His appointing, became a single governing unit to which He appeared, bodily, after His resurrection at which time He spoke to them for some weeks about things pertaining to the Kingdom of God. The same Spirit that raised Him from the dead was upon them reminding them of all the things He had said.
-Jesus ascended, bodily (flesh and bone), into the clouds as many witnesses watched. As they all looked at the heaven, two men in white clothing appeared and told them that Jesus would return the same way He left. (He left with witnesses on the ground; He will return with witnesses on the ground.)
-Jesus told the apostles to teach the nations to observe the things whatsoever He had commanded them. I find no command to teach theology or eschatology. And, as the congregations were established in other places, they were taught to keep the decrees of the apostles and the elders- not theologies and eschatologies.
-Jesus said that more would be given to those who were faithful with little. As we keep the decrees of the apostles and elders (maintaining the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace), we will understand more of the mystery of God, and come to the unity of the faith.
-Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father in heaven until the Father finishes making the enemies of Jesus into a footstool for Jesus.
-Jesus showed that the Kingdom of God had come, anew, by drinking the fruit of the vine, up on the cross, after He knew all things had been accomplished. By taking the vinegar, Jesus received the fruit of the vine, at that time, and was drinking His own blood of the New Covenant which His apostles had, already, partaken, and, which we partake with them even today.

You guys pretty much covered the basics.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I asked you that question and I thank you for answering it.

I David Campbell believe Jesus is the Son of the living God. The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob.

He is my Savior, my first Love, my Lord and my King. Jesus came to earth as God and Man. I believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His divine miracles, in His atoning death on the cross, in His bodily resurrection and ascension sitting on the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to earth in all power and glory.

Jesus Christ is more than a system, tradition, or belief. He is a Person who knows our needs, feels our pain, and sympathizes with our weakness. In exchange for our trust, He offers to forgive our sins, to intercede for us, and to bring us to His Father. He cried for us, died for us, and rose from the dead to show that He was all He claimed to be. Conquering death, He showed us that He can save us from our sins, live His life through us on earth, and then bring us safely to heaven. He offers Himself as a gift to anyone who will trust and follow Him ( John 20:24-31).

I also posted the below about what I believe about Jesus:

www.christjesus.us

What it means to know Jesus
http://christjesus.us/Know_Jesus_Christ.html

I pray all come to know Him as He is the only way to the Father, there is no other way.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

My God bless us all to know Him better.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHEWY
Advanced Member
Member # 6970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHEWY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This question was asked of me at a different topic.

Jesus is the God/man. He is the incarnated Son of God.

Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice, who died that my sins are forgiven [past, present, and future].

Jesus is the ultimate High Priest, who offered himself [sprinkled the alter with his own blood] in my stead.

Jesus is the only way one can reach the Father. He is the ultimate mediator. He is the door.

Jesus is eternal. He always has been, and always will be.

Jesus is 1/3 of the Godhead [Trinity]. He is an equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is physically alive today and awaits at the right hand of the Father.

Jesus is the Good Shepherd. He came looking for me when I was lost.

Jesus is the Living Water. I once was thirsty but now that thirst is quenched and still being quenched.

Jesus is the truth. Not just true, but the absolute truth, the living truth.

Jesus is the Word. His life here on earth was a complete fulfillment of the Holy Scriptures.

Jesus is my friend. He comforts me when I am down or sick. He tells me the truth even when it is painful. He corrects me when I am wrong. He gives to me even when it costs him everything. He stands up for me when I am weak.

This only begins the list. It is your turn now if you have read this. What do you believe about Jesus?

Chewy-

Posts: 86 | From: Kingsport Tn. | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement